Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

I would’ve legit cried had they done this gimmic with 3M Fire Reds

They're going to have a 12 in place of the 23 on the side and February 14th 1990 somewhere on the shoe

Something someone who's overreacting would say

A lot of work and $ to get the plastic eyelets they should have left alone to begin with.

I’m really interested to see how this release will shape out with the hype vs impracticality.

21s are awesome for casual and for court AND no laces is sweet especially the older yu get. heck give us a sock inside (like the Griffey 1 has) and let it be. These arent made for the court so they dont NEED laces besides if The Fresh Prince wore silly laces yall would go nuts but he didnt, he wore no laces and now we have a nice collab with minimal details about it that make the shoe awesome and they appeal to the average consumer because the collab isnt stupid like most. I mean boost sells well because of the almost laceless appeal (you can pull them off and on with or without laces so laces arent necessary) so... i dunno why im still trying to convince others when it doesnt matter.

Honestly, you can try to defend these any way possible and what they did to this shoe still ends in- unnecessary and corny. Had they released these with no laces MINUS Nike Air no one would even care.

Last edited:
Im considering using this new laceless format going forward with all future OG Jordan 5 releases. Seems to be making a splash on social media.

Just take it for what it is, buy or move on.

The true retro will eventually release.
This right here

complaining over and over wont make it go away lol

and for those wanting to punch holes in them just wait till 2020 :nerd:

Last edited:
Good thing I’m off grapes or I’d be heated with this gimmick. Just make the shoe right. Why do they not understand that still to this day?

I got lit a few months ago and scuffed the heck out the toebox for my 2013 grapes. All I want are a NA pair to keep nice and beat the heck out of my 2013s. The audacity to troll me like this.

Air-Jordan-5-NRG-Fresh-Prince-Grape-2018-Retro-Release-Date.jpg

Air-Jordan-5-NRG-Fresh-Prince-Grape-2018-Retro-Release-Date-6.jpg

Air-Jordan-5-NRG-Fresh-Prince-Grape-2018-Retro-Release-Date-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-5-NRG-Fresh-Prince-Grape-2018-Retro-Release-Date-4.jpg

Air-Jordan-5-NRG-Fresh-Prince-Grape-2018-Retro-Release-Date-7.jpg

Air-Jordan-5-NRG-Fresh-Prince-Grape-2018-Retro-Release-Date-8.jpg

I know these are super polarizing, if not outright hated by many, but I'm so looking forward to these. Sure, I much rather would've wanted regular ol' OG Grape 5s WITH laces, but these are still dope IMO. The only 5s I've ever liked have been the Metallic/Black, Laney, and Grapes. I have all three of those already in great condition (I have the Grapes from 2006 with some yellowing on the net, but that doesn't bother me much), so I like the idea of adding another Grape that is still different from my other pair (more so than just the NA on the heel). And being such a Fresh Prince fan, I appreciate the tie-in. The leather LOOKS good in pics too. We'll see in person.

Back
Top Bottom