Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

This release kinda sucks, but it was good not knowing what they’d look like until two months before. JB has been getting better with keeping certain shoes secret until shortly before.

With all the reaching that JB does sometimes with all of its narratives, I feel like this pair makes a lot of sense. Never imagined wearing a pair of 5s without the laces, and while I'd of course rather have just the OG Grape 5s, I do think these are kind of dope. Especially when you consider the tie-in/collab with the Fresh Prince/Will Smith. Just hope I can secure a pair. I'm such a FPoBA fan, but I didn't feel the Bel Air 5s at all. But I'm with these.

It’s probably not his fault but I’ll blame Gentry for this non-proper grape with Nike Air AJV.

The shape looks a little funky as well.

This is mad annoying. Y’all aware that Nike/JB, as well as many fashion companies, have their calendar year drawn out. Gentry isn’t coming in scrapping or changing anything. This was in the works probably a year ago. Stop blaming this man when JB pulled these stunts during his absence too.

This is mad annoying. Y’all aware that Nike/JB, as well as many fashion companies, have their calendar year drawn out. Gentry isn’t coming in scrapping or changing anything. This was in the works probably a year ago. Stop blaming this man when JB pulled these stunts during his absence too.
Like saying The Great Depression was Obama’s fault.

Exactly, Gentry is behind this. Frank has released some questionable colorways but nothing to this magnitude.
..... If these are coming out in September, that means these were green lit months before, clearly before Gentry was brought back. Stop speaking in absolutes like you have insider information.

With all the reaching that JB does sometimes with all of its narratives, I feel like this pair makes a lot of sense. Never imagined wearing a pair of 5s without the laces, and while I'd of course rather have just the OG Grape 5s, I do think these are kind of dope. Especially when you consider the tie-in/collab with the Fresh Prince/Will Smith. Just hope I can secure a pair. I'm such a FPoBA fan, but I didn't feel the Bel Air 5s at all. But I'm with these.

This whole Fresh Prince theme has already been done before by them and for the Jordan V, Its super OVERKILL at this point. We get it, Will Smith wore the Jordan V, he also wore a ton of other gems over the years should those all get the "Fresh Prince" make over too?
lfnuvuvtygbkwfnuzrnw.jpg

What happened to "making remastered retro's as close to the original as possible"?
Guess that all went out the window.
On a side note this image below of him holding the Solo Flight is WIDELY circulated yet there is no rush to put this shoe out on the Nike side?

vlthcdbiggiwmcvnwb9w.jpg

Then comes the fact that Will Smith wore the BLACK SILVER Jordan V all through out the intro for every season of the show. Wouldn't that color way make more sense in regards to historical significance? Its all mind blowing, pardon my rant but truthfully the Jordan V grape teal is top 3 all time for me so to have waited all these years for a wearable retro with Nike Air on the heel to be "disrespected" in this manor is a tad infuriating

..... If these are coming out in September, that means these were green lit months before, clearly before Gentry was brought back. Stop speaking in absolutes like you have insider information.

Fam has been doing that since he came. No knock to him tho. What he mean nothing of this magnitude? JB has been gimmicky for a min. I wouldn’t chalked this up as a first. ‘11 Banned, Converse 2, SBB, Letterman’s, Bel Air 5, GMP, 3Peat 8s, Ugly Sweater 7, Alternate series, woven 9s, Wings series, etc etc. It’s not a Gentry thing.

This could’ve been worse. Luckily it’s just a graphic on the insole and a unnoticeable text on the tongue. I’ll cop.

I would take more issue with these if they weren't a regularly retroed OG colorway. Like, the Grapes will be back sooner than later; done properly.

I understand people not wanting to have to wait longer, and feeling like it's lightweight disrespect to come this close but stop just 2 steps short though.

I think this is cool as hell, especially now that it's revealed that they're a straight up Will Smith collab complete with tees and hoodies.

Agreed

Grape 5s were my first Jordan ever and I NEED a proper retro with NA. These are cool though. Doubt I’ll drop the money on them but it’s hard to resist that emerald NA stitching. Still have my 2013s...as trash as that Retro was.

I have a basic understanding, but I don’t believe he is behind this. People are blaming him for every wacky thing gr why’re doing now.

I’m sure this falls on the NRG team. These have been confirmed since May, Gentry’s return was announced in mid March. He didn’t do these. Since releases are added into schedules months if not a year in advance, I doubt he came in and immediately did this. We don’t even know when he started.

These and the 7s low coming out aren’t his projects.

This is just awful... corny gimmick and just dumb... why JB?
Just release them properly lol. If people don't want to wear laces they won't put laces, why cover the lace holes.
I have my DS pair from 2013.... Such a let down. Fresh prince? :lol:

I'm actually not mad at these.
I hated all those converse shoes like this that had no laces but I think these will be alright.

They're like the ultimate throw some shoes on real quick to run to the Store shoe.

Probably super comfy

Not for me tho I'm old school.
I like laces on my sneakers.

It's a good thing these don't have laces because if they did I'd be in for the green & purple 1s and these. Too much

Back
Top Bottom