Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

damn that leather looks like butter! they better do 3m fire reds justice after this nonsense! I wonder how hard it would be for a cobbler to make holes and unstich the tongue

Y'all really feeling this laceless junk? You guys are out of your mind and the thirst is too real.

Y'all really feeling this laceless junk? You guys are out of your mind and the thirst is too real.
Folks that put custom lace holes in won’t even be able to sell them at a decent resell price. It’s gonna be hilarious.

I already know the average pair with lace holes are going to look sloppy af.

I thought remasters were supposed to be as close to OG form as possible. I guess it's over now. Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ you better hope they don't f up the infrared 6s next year. I know you been looking forward to the release of them. This laceless aesthetic does not work with 5s in any way. At least not in the way they're doing it. The key aesthetics that make Vs so great is the plastic eyelets, the laces, and the lacelock. If anyone here has wide feet or is a bigger dude you're sh*t outta luck trying to pull these off. Heck it being all one piece makes the 5 shape even weirder. Y'all getting hype at little details like "nike air" and "omg that insole *heart eyes*" are you outta your mind? If you get these you are legitimately playing yourself for an inferior product. JB is really pushing off F-grade factory flawed pairs and saying there's a story behind them. This is mad dumb on their part and people will eat it up and they'll probably f**k with more OG retros under the "remaster" period.

I thought remasters were supposed to be as close to OG form as possible. I guess it's over now. Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ you better hope they don't f up the infrared 6s next year. I know you been looking forward to the release of them. This laceless aesthetic does not work with 5s in any way. At least not in the way they're doing it. The key aesthetics that make Vs so great is the plastic eyelets, the laces, and the lacelock. If anyone here has wide feet or is a bigger dude you're sh*t outta luck trying to pull these off. Heck it being all one piece makes the 5 shape even weirder. Y'all getting hype at little details like "nike air" and "omg that insole *heart eyes*" are you outta your mind? If you get these you are legitimately playing yourself for an inferior product. JB is really pushing off F-grade factory flawed pairs and saying there's a story behind them. This is mad dumb on their part and people will eat it up and they'll probably f**k with more OG retros under the "remaster" period.
I don’t expect a 100% or even 75% copy of the OG for the Infrared. I want it, but I doubt it’ll happen. In regard to the Grapes, this is really disrespectful. I never thought Will Smith had great fashion sense anyway(the laceless 5s contributed to that). No one asked for this.

They should have took the H2H 1s route and dropped this nonsense limited with the beast tumbled leather, then released a regular GR version without the gimmick a couple weeks later. That way, the resellers and hypebeasts they’re pandering to would be happy. OG 1-14 should never be limited.

Only Jordans that can go laceless is the 8s.

I’m totally with you on this. Sadly they will sell out either by resellers or just a limited quantity.

The way they should be.
9B6ABAB8-D57D-413F-8543-706B774FB91B.jpeg

I can't see Jordan brand releasing both the black cement 4's and the fire red 4's next year without doing something stupid like changing the Jumpman to a silhouette of Jordan taking the shot...

I want to believe but after seeing this and those free throw line 3’s, I see what JB is doing :smh:

But the FTL 3s were actually still a nice shoe. They still looked great and they had laces. No laces on the 5 really kills the aesthetic. No plastic eyelets, no laces, no lace lock. Those are defining features on the 5 along with the teeth, tongue, and clear outsole. They've essentially removed half of the defining features of this shoe.

Since Jordan Brand did these to the Grapes, i wouldn’t put it past them to release the modified infrared 6s that Nike made into the
Batman Boots from Batman Returns.

The only reason why it works for will Smith is because the whole upper and lace portions weren't fully fused. There's a nice little lift and of course in person he had the option to wear them with laces and a lacelock or not. Also, it's s young Will Smith, dude coulda pulled off anything and made it work.

659463B5-887B-4E24-A0C7-7E223C4D165B.jpeg

It just won't work or look well at all. The upper is all fused so there won't be any give. It's gonna look bad from all angles He'll, a bigger dude won't even be able to pull these off or maybe even throw them on because of the nature of the shoe. It's just really not a good look in any way. You're kidding yourself if you think so.

37964763_252288352164470_6717002214386171904_n.jpg

And they look mad squashed and awkwardly long with the bloated toe panel

Last edited:
I wonder if you could cut shoe laces and just glue them from hole to hole. :rofl:

This shoe is awful. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom