Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sthebest wrote:
jumpman cbt2 wrote:
sthebest wrote:
The quality pre 2005 was good, although it wasn't as perfect as many would lead you to believe. Messy paint jobs go back as far as the early 90s (my original Black/ True Red had a somewhat shoddy paint job). 2000 retro VIs had a paint paint crack proble, as well as the VIIIs from 2003. 2000 XIs came pre-yellowed and the Columbias and Concords lacked the blue tint from the OGs. And 1995 XIs had erratic patent leather cuts.

For me the last really good year was 2001. After that Jb started not to divide the look between retro+ And og style retros. The leather used were also ok, but the 2001 XI black/reds Were already less good in quality compared to the Previous XI retros (the smooth leather at the heel is Different and the jumpman jordan lettering is less Accurate than before). The aj 1 black/reds and black/royals were also the last jordan retros with the nike logo in the insoles. So from my point the jordan retros from 2002 to 2008 are the worst in terms of quality. Best retro years were 1994, 1999 and early 2000.
I hear where you're coming from. But the Black/Red and Black/Blue 1s had jumpman on the insoles, not Nike Air (I had both). The last retro to have Nike Air on the insole was Black/Cement III if Im not mistaken. From my experience, the quality started changing for the worse in 2002. The midsole on the IXs had a tendency to crack and chip, the Raptor VIIs looked DRAMATICALLY different from their OG counterpart (different mold altogether and a one tone upper instead of a two toned one), and there started being fewer original colorways coming out (I only remember Black/White IXs, Olive IXs, and Raptor VIIs as the original colorways that came out that year). And in 2003, we finally got White/Cement IIIs with good quality leather and better padding, but the midsole chipped quickly. Also, on the VIIIs, the leather was subpar at best and those too had BAD midsole chipping problems.
I started getting heavier into the brand around summer 2004 after the Olympic VIIs dropped but I've had most of the most desired retros and can say quality was good back then but could have been better.

This is a PM to me from someone has been around for awhile. 

I'm using this for information purposes, I hope you don't mind man:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The decline was gradual. It started before I noticed it I guess.[/font] 
I mean, the retros never quit looked like the originals; the 99 4's were lower cut for example. Looking back on it, the 2000 AJ5 retros
had different insoles than the originals, not a quality issue but a change nonetheless. In 2001, the 3's started to get cut shorter & the
AJ1's definately started to look differently. I think the 2001 AJ1's (with jumpman on insole) was a turning point that goes unnoticed.
But all those changes were so small, it wasn't a problem for me.

People complained about the tongues on the 99 4's, especially the wht/blk being way too tall like bunny ears.

I guess I started to agree with people that things were changing when the 2003 w/c 3's came out with no f*ckin nike air and
a pebbled tongue which was all new for AJ3s. Ya the 01 TB3 was an og colorway and got the 1st ogcw -> jumpman treatment but it wasn't known
that it would be a long term change until the 03 wc.  Oh word? It was becoming harder for me to brush off criticisms as sour grapes.

But when the 04 AJ2 retro dropped, with the red piping which was absent on the ogs and 95s and the silloutte looking shrunken like
a toy replica - I started to not like what I was seeing. (Even though I did buy them.)

So end of 03/beginning of 04 is when the changes added up to me as a negative trend or decline. 04 is when they changed the open-cell
p.urethan midsoles to what we have now - the ones that won't crack but can't hold paint and can be noticabley uncomfortable.

I see some say a decline pt. of 2005 (and there were scattered decent ones then) - but I say a year or two before that. The 2003 wc 3
might be the last JB retro that was still holding on to some type of resemblence in quality to the ogs.

And ya know, 10 years+ ago when all these little changes started, we couldn't stare at online pics from 100 different sources all day long to even realize everything like one can now. I'll admit right now I didn't realize the TB3 was an og colorway until shortly after the retro in 2001.
Never saw or remembered it from 88 though I had the og w/c 3s! If you didn't have the og and the retro in front of you back then, it was harder to 
trend the difference.

laugh.gif
Damn, JB, there will be nothing left to retro in a couple of years.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

For me the last really good year was 2001. After thatJb started not to divide the look between retro+And og style retros.The leather used were also ok, but the 2001 XI black/redsWere already less good in quality compared to the Previous XI retros (the smooth leather at the heel isDifferent and the jumpman jordan lettering is lessAccurate than before).The aj 1 black/reds and black/royals were also thelast jordan retros with the nike logo in the insoles.So from my point the jordan retros from 2002 to 2008 are the worst in terms of quality.Best retro years were 1994, 1999 and early 2000.
I hear where you're coming from. But the Black/Red and Black/Blue 1s had jumpman on the insoles, not Nike Air (I had both). The last retro to have Nike Air on the insole was Black/Cement III if Im not mistaken. From my experience, the quality started changing for the worse in 2002. The midsole on the IXs had a tendency to crack and chip, the Raptor VIIs looked DRAMATICALLY different from their OG counterpart (different mold altogether and a one tone upper instead of a two toned one), and there started being fewer original colorways coming out (I only remember Black/White IXs, Olive IXs, and Raptor VIIs as the original colorways that came out that year). And in 2003, we finally got White/Cement IIIs with good quality leather and better padding, but the midsole chipped quickly. Also, on the VIIIs, the leather was subpar at best and those too had BAD midsole chipping problems.
I started getting heavier into the brand around summer 2004 after the Olympic VIIs dropped but I've had most of the most desired retros and can say quality was good back then but could have been better.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The decline was gradual. It started before I noticed it I guess.[/font] 
I mean, the retros never quit looked like the originals; the 99 4's were lower cut for example. Looking back on it, the 2000 AJ5 retros
had different insoles than the originals, not a quality issue but a change nonetheless. In 2001, the 3's started to get cut shorter & the
AJ1's definately started to look differently. I think the 2001 AJ1's (with jumpman on insole) was a turning point that goes unnoticed.

People complained about the tongues on the 99 4's, especially the wht/blk being way too tall like bunny ears.

I guess I started to agree with people that things were changing when the 2003 w/c 3's came out with no f*ckin nike air and
a pebbled tongue which was all new for AJ3s. Ya the 01 TB3 was an og colorway and got the 1st ogcw -> jumpman treatment but it wasn't known
that it would be a long term change until the 03 wc.  Oh word? It was becoming harder for me to brush off criticisms as sour grapes.

But when the 04 AJ2 retro dropped, with the red piping which was absent on the ogs and 95s and the silloutte looking shrunken like
a toy replica - I started to not like what I was seeing. (Even though I did buy them.)

So end of 03/beginning of 04 is when the changes added up to me as a negative trend or decline. 04 is when they changed the open-cell
p.urethan midsoles to what we have now - the ones that won't crack but can't hold paint and can be noticabley uncomfortable.

I see some say a decline pt. of 2005 (and there were scattered decent ones then) - but I say a year or two before that. The 2003 wc 3
might be the last JB retro that was still holding on to some type of resemblence in quality to the ogs.

And ya know, 10 years+ ago when all these little changes started, we couldn't stare at online pics from 100 different sources all day long to even realize everything like one can now. I'll admit right now I didn't realize the TB3 was an og colorway until shortly after the retro in 2001.
Never saw or remembered it from 88 though I had the og w/c 3s! If you didn't have the og and the retro in front of you back then, it was harder to 
trend the difference.
This. The year 2003 was the the last year that we saw good quality retros on the regular with a few exceptions like all the 12's of 2004, 13's in 2004/2005 and 14's in 2005-2006. But pretty much all the 4's from 2006 had bad quality (MARS 4's included, although I liked them). The 2007 5's declined in quality, the leather used was different from 2000 pairs. The 2007 3's had decent quality but many people experienced paint chipping
sick.gif
 (at least mine have not chipped/crack yet, maybe because I have not wore mine in years). So much paint chipping on the 2007 Aqua 8's. The list can go on and on. But, quality hit rock bottom in 2006 and ended in 2010. JB did improve their quality in the past couple of years to be honest, but it would never be the same as the OG's or the early retros and I do not expect it to be.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

So end of 03/beginning of 04 is when the changes added up to me as a negative trend or decline. 04 is when they changed the open-cell

I see some say a decline pt. of 2005 (and there were scattered decent ones then) - but I say a year or two before that. The 2003 wc 3

And ya know, 10 years+ ago when all these little changes started, we couldn't stare at online pics from 100 different sources all day long to even realize everything like one can now. I'll admit right now I didn't realize the TB3 was an og colorway until shortly after the retro in 2001.
trend the difference.
This. The year 2003 was the the last year that we saw good quality retros on the regular with a few exceptions like all the 12's of 2004, 13's in 2004/2005 and 14's in 2005-2006. But pretty much all the 4's from 2006 had bad quality (MARS 4's included, although I liked them). The 2007 5's declined in quality, the leather used was different from 2000 pairs. The 2007 3's had decent quality but many people experienced paint chipping
sick.gif
 (at least mine have not chipped/crack yet, maybe because I have not wore mine in years). So much paint chipping on the 2007 Aqua 8's. The list can go on and on. But, quality hit rock bottom in 2006 and ended in 2010. JB did improve their quality in the past couple of years to be honest, but it would never be the same as the OG's or the early retros and I do not expect it to be.
C/S I'd say the french blue 12s were the last time I remember there being REAL leather on a jordan (that was like jan 05 IIRC). I''ve adapted and am just happy theyre coming out with so many OG colorways and grails the past few years and next year. Im getting older don't get to wear my shoes but once a week so i'm fine. retiring next year.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

The quality pre 2005 was good, although it wasn't as perfect as many would lead you to believe. Messy paint jobs go back as far as the early 90s (my original Black/ True Red had a somewhat shoddy paint job). 2000 retro VIs had a paint paint crack proble, as well as the VIIIs from 2003. 2000 XIs came pre-yellowed and the Columbias and Concords lacked the blue tint from the OGs. And 1995 XIs had erratic patent leather cuts.

For me the last really good year was 2001. After thatJb started not to divide the look between retro+And og style retros.The leather used were also ok, but the 2001 XI black/redsWere already less good in quality compared to the Previous XI retros (the smooth leather at the heel isDifferent and the jumpman jordan lettering is lessAccurate than before).The aj 1 black/reds and black/royals were also thelast jordan retros with the nike logo in the insoles.So from my point the jordan retros from 2002 to 2008 are the worst in terms of quality.Best retro years were 1994, 1999 and early 2000.
Oh i c, i think i mixed it up with the insoles of the 2001 AJ 1 retros then ^^
So the 2001 Black/Cements 3 retros were the last where JB tried to make

a shoe looking as authentic as possible.

Strangely all VII retros have quite solid paintjobs. 

Originally Posted by Chosen One

laugh.gif
I think and i also hope that JB will finally retro some of the post AJ XV models within the next years.
I missed out the AJ 22 and AJ 23 and i think one pair of AJ XVII lows would be great too.

JB has potential to put real care into these upcomIng retros. Last year they did a fine job IMO with the Oreo's (durabuck and buttery pliable leather) and the MSVI (one of my favorite VI's models). I'm hoping they stay the course with these and don't disappoint.

Those September blues NEED to retro.

But honestly, the VI has been on point lately IMO in terms of quality. I imagine theyre going to follow the same formula they used for 09-10 retros for this one.

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

But honestly, the VI has been on point lately IMO in terms of quality. I imagine theyre going to follow the same formula they used for 09-10 retros for this one.

8a33620354502baf8374c0f645f8b1968d8179a9_t.jpg

Maroons and a black/infrared VI that isn't made of felt would be nice.

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

laugh.gif
well my white and red VIs are holding up nice as well as the oreos. I dont own breds or infrareds so Im willing to bet that the quality of the upper is what has people iffy.

And please retro the carmines like on the cdp.
They were surprisingly good, but as not all
retailers sold them separately, it was hard for
Me to get them at a local store in germany.
but i think i will be already very happy with
These 2012 VI olympic retros.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by Chosen One

laugh.gif
Still got a couple on the list. 
grin.gif

Nike-Air-Jordan-VI-Sport-Blue-3.jpg

air-jordan-6-og-maroon.jpg
see this thread, most of us think they would sit if retroed, and that's on NT where the real heads are......I actually could have gotten a decent condition 10 a few years ago for 100, but passed, still regret it.
http://niketalk.com/topic...-GEM?page=1#.TsAh62Z5EzY

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

laugh.gif
well my white and red VIs are holding up nice as well as the oreos. I dont own breds or infrareds so Im willing to bet that the quality of the upper is what has people iffy.

Brah, the leather on those white and red vi's was
sick.gif
. When you pressed the toe box it felt like those trash #!@ "leather" jackets they sell in gas stations.

someone mentioned that this version will be suede or nubuck something like the carmine and not the leather from the other retro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom