Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

That article was pretty disheartening tbh.

“The ex-Nike employee, who asked to remain anonymous, said that the factory producing the Air Jordan 6 used a flawed batch of midsole paint on the sneakers that turned from white to pink. They explained that it can take a sneaker six months to go from a factory line to a stockroom, and it’s not uncommon for material defects to manifest in that span.”

To me, that quote doesn’t suggest that this flawed paint was only used on a subset of the produced pairs. It was used on all pairs and some have turned pink at this point. The rest probably will over time. 😔

That's how I interpreted it as well

That article was pretty disheartening tbh.

“The ex-Nike employee, who asked to remain anonymous, said that the factory producing the Air Jordan 6 used a flawed batch of midsole paint on the sneakers that turned from white to pink. They explained that it can take a sneaker six months to go from a factory line to a stockroom, and it’s not uncommon for material defects to manifest in that span.”

To me, that quote doesn’t suggest that this flawed paint was only used on a subset of the produced pairs. It was used on all pairs and some have turned pink at this point. The rest probably will over time. 😔

flawed paint batch. Means there’s a batch of pink soles. Not all. Which were knew already cuz they were hit and miss with reviews until the foot stores got they pairs

So Nike is asking retailers to send back defective pairs. Doesn't that just mean it'll be a super limited release? If a store got 100 pairs and 40 of them are flawed, they only have 60 now so your odds of getting a pair were cut almost in half.

So Nike is asking retailers to send back defective pairs. Doesn't that just mean it'll be a super limited release? If a store got 100 pairs and 40 of them are flawed, they only have 60 now so your odds of getting a pair were cut almost in half.

Yeah but we don’t know what % are defective. For all of our sake, I’m hoping it isn’t a large %.

I’m guessing SNKRS is the best way to ensure you get a good, non-defective pair but who knows.

2014 didn't have this problem so what they do differently this time
i dont know but there have been a few instances where a shoes midsole has turned pink over time. olympic pegasus 33, penny 2 white blue, and jordan 13 retro as pointed out in this thread

I went to my local FTL earlier and I know one of the employees pretty well and they only received 38 men’s pairs today but they had to send 6 back to Nike. Even they slighting pink or not too noticeable ones.

I guess Nike wants every pair that’s damaged/tainted.

I went to my local FTL earlier and I know one of the employees pretty well and they only received 38 men’s pairs today but they had to send 6 back to Nike. Even they slighting pink or not too noticeable ones.

I guess Nike wants every pair that’s damaged/tainted.
Interesting. I bet these will be a harder cop than any of the NA retros so far if any pink ones are being sent back.

:rofl:
Well, we’re gonna find out one way or another.
I ain’t falling into **** LOL. However, IF this is a paint issue and not bleeding, then I don’t have that hard of a time believing a non-pink pair will stay that way. The paint is completely cured by now, I imagine. That said, I’m not a paint expert, so maybe it could indeed still change eventually.
This thread will never die. Two years from now, we’ll still have pink checks and updates going on in here:lol:

Much like how the "glitter effect" is a thing in the AJ1 thread.

penny 2 retro says hi
Yeah, the bottom line is you never know how a shoe is going to age. This whole thing is an epic, all-time Nike/JB fail of a ****show that will never be forgotten on NT and elsewhere. We'll be getting mileage out of this one for years. I'm not cutting them any slack, and my confidence in scoring a good pair is beyond low. The only thing I hope is, it really just was a bad run of paint not affecting all pairs at least so whoever does get them doesn't ever have an issue with them. There's no guarantees but right now I'm not entirely convinced they are all going to turn pink no matter what. Just doesn't make logical sense to me IF it truly was a bad mix or whatever of paint.

Interesting. I bet these will be a harder cop than any of the NA retros so far if any pink ones are being sent back.

I wonder if the slightly pink ones will be sold to outlets and the really bad ones to be destroyed as mentions in one of the articles?

They should donate them to people who need shoes or something than to destroy them.

I said it first that the smartest thing to do is wait a WHILE to cop on eBay. That’s what I’m doing. I feel sorry for the idiots that don’t mind copping a pink carmine :lol: It’s not in me (no pun intended) to take it in the *** like that haha
If you waiting on a perfect resale pair you will def be getting screwed. Those will be selling for a premium if the problem is as bad and widespread as people are making it to be. You ain't winning waiting on reseller to look out for you :lol:

I think the "ex Nike employee" is incorrect about the paint turning in transit. It was definitely a bad batch of paint, but I fully believe it was pink when it went on the shoes and Nike shipped them anyway, thinking nobody would notice.

This is why I just can’t do business on these. It’s so obvious they knew what was going on and they shipped anyway.

I missed that! Someone posted that in here?

I suspected something like that. I still feel like the Balvins were somehow involved. Because that's exactly what happened to me with those - looked white for months, then the official pics came out and it was clear they were pink soles.

I wouldn't be buying a pair from StockX. They're pretty much telling you they're going to pass them even though they're pink.

I wonder if the slightly pink ones will be sold to outlets and the really bad ones to be destroyed as mentions in one of the articles?

They should donate them to people who need shoes or something than to destroy them.

Yep. They'll coordinate perfectly with all that Kansas Chiefs Super Bowl LV merch that will get sent to Third World locations.

This is why I just can’t do business on these. It’s so obvious they knew what was going on and they shipped anyway.
JUST DO IT PINK.
1612837836238.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom