Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

It was still a pretty conservative time, as far as on-court kicks were concerned. Up until the Carmines, outside of Jordan Is and Converse Weapons, there weren't too many other shoes (league-approved) with that kind of color blocking.
Smh the converse weapon. I had the red white n blue pair in the 8th grade in 03. Got clowned on like crazy . Never again, I upgraded to forces then to Jordan’s. Here I am on NT 18 years later.

The two shoes are 1A and 1B to me. Carmines mean more to me personally. Infareds are arguably the best looking AJ of all time though.
Wow. Not even in my top five.
For that day and age, the Carmine VI was a pretty “loud” shoe. Ahead of its time a bit. Mostly red hue. 3 years later, Pip would turn the whole bowl of red paint over with the Maestro II.

I remember commentators would laugh at players shoes that showed way too much color.
So would most of us. One of my teammates in ‘93 showed up to practice in all red Adidas one day and we were all like, what the **** are you even doing? :rofl:
I definitely remember a lot of people not feeling these 30 years ago
We mostly didn’t. I can’t remember seeing more than a handful of people ever rocking these. At least not till they went on clearance. And you best believe they went on clearance.
That’s the funny thing about the nostalgia era. Loads of these shoes are about 20X more popular now than they ever were in their actual day.

Last edited:
I don't want no smoke but I always said Olympics > Carmines > white infrareds > midnights > black infrareds.

tumblr_716892e40dda2cfb8a45a31637029ff4_b975d374_250.gif

Black Infrareds have a legitimate argument for GOAT sneaker. They're perfect, there isn't a single thing you could do to make them better. They look amazing, AND Jordan won his first 'chip wearing them. I still lean towards Black/Red 11s, but it's close.

Most kids at my school didn't like Carmines when they released, people would get clowned for wearing them. I didn't care for them, too loud. But now they're my second favorite 6! Going for two pairs.

Last edited:
Black Infrareds have a legitimate argument for GOAT sneaker. They're perfect, there isn't a single thing you could do to make them better. The look amazing, AND Jordan won his first'chip wearing them. I still lean towards Black/Red 11s, but it's close.

Most people didn't like Carmines when they released, people would get clowned for wearing them. I didn't care for them, too loud. But now they're my second favorite 6! Going for two pairs.
Agreed. Carmines are the 2nd best 6 og colorway.
Black Infrareds > Carmines > Maroons > Sport Blues > White Infrareds
Imo

I spoke to a FTL employee that I got to know over the years and I haven’t seen him at the old location I used to win all the time at because he got promoted to a store manager now at this current location that I went to....

We got to talking about FLX and some of the reasons he told me is that sometimes they get late shipments on shoes and when that happens it’s extremely hard to reserve.... another reason was that since Covid and a lot of people are unemployed so they got time in their hands so more people are now “copping to sell”.
I've tried telling people that but they don't like to hear it. They prefer believing stores send pairs directly to GOAT.

Black Infrareds have a legitimate argument for GOAT sneaker. They're perfect, there isn't a single thing you could do to make them better. The look amazing, AND Jordan won his first 'chip wearing them. I still lean towards Black/Red 11s, but it's close.

Most kids at my school didn't like Carmines when they released, people would get clowned for wearing them. I didn't care for them, too loud. But now they're my second favorite 6! Going for two pairs.
Maybe make the Nike Air on the back infrared instead of black?

I've tried telling people that but they don't like to hear it. They prefer believing stores send pairs directly to GOAT.
It’s probably a mixture of what he said and footstores (FTL, FTA and FTA sending their pairs straight to GOAT 🤣🤣🤣

Considering all the negative hoopla surrounding this release, anybody have any advice or suggestions for the best platform or the best way to cop a pair off the second hand market?

It’s probably a mixture of what he said and footstores (FTL, FTA and FTA sending their pairs straight to GOAT 🤣🤣🤣
The stores very well might be doing shady things, but I'm certain the bigger impact in the past roughly nine months has been covid and a lot more people becoming hip to the resale world.

I've seen it with my own eyes, and so has everyone else. Virtually everything sells out on SNKRS; things that never would've sold out before are gone in a blink now. I'm not talking just Jordans. You see it on foot store websites as well.

But where I really have gotten a look at it is at my nearby tiny little resale consignment boutique in L.A. People bring in literally everything and anything trying to resell, and set their prices at laughably--and I mean, hysterically laughably--high prices. You have a lot of people who know nothing about this stuff buying it and thinking they're going to make hundreds. I've talked to the store owners (who are also the workers in there every day) and they've mentioned it to me without me even digging for it.

People bring in worn, dirty fire red Vs and set the price at $400, when anyone can buy a DS pair from SX or GOAT for $250 give or take. I've only popped into the store a few times in the past year to either drop something off or pickup money from a sale (been trying to clean out closet space), and more than once I've watched in person as someone comes in with some worn pair of random GR shoes. Picture some forgotten, no-one-cares-or-ever-did colorway of an AM90 they got on sale at Champs--and now they think they are worth something. And the guys have to tell them, sorry, you're better off keeping those, they're worth about $40 (maybe) before we take our cut. The people get this look on their face like, but I thought sneakers were valuable.

A great example I keep thinking of in terms of how things have changed hugely in short time: In August 2018, I went to my nearby mall 45 min before it opened to buy the black-toe 13s. There was one other guy there for them. I bought a pair from Shoe Palace, asked if I could buy another, and they told me it was a limit of 1 until their manager called and lifted that restriction. I literally turned and looked around the empty store, turned back to them, laughed out loud and said, um, do you see anyone else here? Walked over to Fnishline, bought another pair. Walked to Footlocker just to check out the scene. There were about nine people there buying them. Left and started walking through the mall to the exit. As I passed by Shoe Palace--at most a whole 30 min after they had refused to sell me two pairs--the guys in there yelled at me, Hey, we can sell you more now! I laughed again, flashed my other bag and said sorry, I'm good, you lost my sale. There was still no one there buying them. No one.

Does anyone think if those black toes hadn't released then and were releasing this weekend that it wouldn't be an absolute ****show like everything else? And to think, there were people here on NT in that thread that weekend talking about how those shoes were a flop. It's definitely not as simple as some grand conspiracy of shoe stores ****ing people. The demand has changed drastically, and not because suddenly a billion more people decided they love Jordans and want to wear them.

Maybe make the Nike Air on the back infrared instead of black?

Maybe! Someone on NT did that to their pair, and it does look great. But I think the less amount of infrared, the more it stands out among all the black. That’s why I really dislike the infrared laces posted above (no offense to that person, as long as they like it that’s all that matters).

The stores very well might be doing shady things, but I'm certain the bigger impact in the past roughly nine months has been covid and a lot more people becoming hip to the resale world.

I've seen it with my own eyes, and so has everyone else. Virtually everything sells out on SNKRS; things that never would've sold out before are gone in a blink now. I'm not talking just Jordans. You see it on foot store websites as well.

But where I really have gotten a look at it is at my nearby tiny little resale consignment boutique in L.A. People bring in literally everything and anything trying to resell, and set their prices at laughably--and I mean, hysterically laughably--high prices. You have a lot of people who know nothing about this stuff buying it and thinking they're going to make hundreds. I've talked to the store owners (who are also the workers in there every day) and they've mentioned it to me without me even digging for it.

People bring in worn, dirty fire red Vs and set the price at $400, when anyone can buy a DS pair from SX or GOAT for $250 give or take. I've only popped into the store a few times in the past year to either drop something off or pickup money from a sale (been trying to clean out closet space), and more than once I've watched in person as someone comes in with some worn pair of random GR shoes. Picture some forgotten, no-one-cares-or-ever-did colorway of an AM90 they got on sale at Champs--and now they think they are worth something. And the guys have to tell them, sorry, you're better off keeping those, they're worth about $40 (maybe) before we take our cut. The people get this look on their face like, but I thought sneakers were valuable.

A great example I keep thinking of in terms of how things have changed hugely in short time: In August 2018, I went to my nearby mall 45 min before it opened to buy the black-toe 13s. There was one other guy there for them. I bought a pair from Shoe Palace, asked if I could buy another, and they told me it was a limit of 1 until their manager called and lifted that restriction. I literally turned and looked around the empty store, turned back to them, laughed out loud and said, um, do you see anyone else here? Walked over to Fnishline, bought another pair. Walked to Footlocker just to check out the scene. There were about nine people there buying them. Left and started walking through the mall to the exit. As I passed by Shoe Palace--at most a whole 30 min after they had refused to sell me two pairs--the guys in there yelled at me, Hey, we can sell you more now! I laughed again, flashed my other bag and said sorry, I'm good, you lost my sale. There was still no one there buying them. No one.

Does anyone think if those black toes hadn't released then and were releasing this weekend that it wouldn't be an absolute ****show like everything else? And to think, there were people here on NT in that thread that weekend talking about how those shoes were a flop. It's definitely not as simple as some grand conspiracy of shoe stores ****ing people. The demand has changed drastically, and not because suddenly a billion more people decided they love Jordans and want to wear them.

I agree 100%. I have bought numerous shoes that were sitting for days or weeks, og colors and all, that go for $300- $400+. Not to mention the ones they retro that we didn't care for when they originally came out, nowadays they even sell out. I went from standing in line camping out for cool grey 3's and green glow 4's... to walking in buying Black toe 13's days after release... to EVERYTHING selling out.

I agree 100%. I have bought numerous shoes that were sitting for days or weeks, og colors and all, that go for $300- $400+. Not to mention the ones they retro that we didn't care for when they originally came out, nowadays they even sell out. I went from standing in line camping out for cool grey 3's and green glow 4's... to walking in buying Black toe 13's days after release... to EVERYTHING selling out.
Ya, it's gone full circle. But I believe the reasons for it are hugely different. There have obviously been resellers for a long time now, but the dog days of the mid-2000s through well past 2010 when it was really difficult to get stuff seemed caused mostly by JB and the clown Gentry limiting every release. The majority of people camping out and buying the shoes seemed, to me anyway, like people who actually loved and wanted them for themselves.

There was no SX, GOAT, apps or bots like now ... eBay was the main resale outlet. It was WAY more difficult to score tons of pairs to resell. Hell, it was difficult to score one, let alone two pairs. And with stores limiting everything to one per customer, you still had people camping out for 24 hours or more to get one pair. Because they WANTED them. For most people back then, it made zero sense to go through all of that effort and to sacrifice all of that time just to buy one pair to resell and make, what, maybe $100 for most releases? People mostly weren't paying like triple or more on resale at the time. It's clear as day that is not what is happening now. Today it feels like the people who actually want the shoes are the clear minority of buyers getting their hands on stuff for retail. And it wasn't like this even less than a year ago. It's ****ing wild to witness.

Last edited:
My original footstore app game was too strong to not being able to hit anything on fLX. I was winning **** in other states :lol: my first ever trip to Chicago was for a sneaker pick up. Are people who hit using migrated accounts or newly created accounts?

My original footstore app game was too strong to not being able to hit anything on fLX I was winning **** in other states :lol: my first ever trip to Chicago was for a sneaker pick up. Are people who hit using migrated accounts or newly created accounts?

FLX is a scam and you can't convince me otherwise. I hit every GR (multiples in most case) for like 2 and a half years straight. Switch to FLX, haven't hit a thing since.

Back
Top Bottom