Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Save your cash though, we’re likely in for a downturn in the economy and I guarantee you guys will be able to circle back and pick up some (especially GR) pairs closer to retail down the road (don’t expect older and more limited pairs to go down much though). People were offloading mad pairs in 2009-2010, it was fantastic since you could find some steals on eBay from people trying to pay bills, etc. by panic selling and offloading pairs they were holding.

cant stress this enough. i feel like ive been seeing the writing on the walls for awhile. and while the hyped limitted stuff may not crash over all deals will be had pretty much because the market for $1000 shoes especially ones that have already been on the market for years. you can see it right now with yeezy 350 v1s. the same used, paint cracking, heel drag up the back pairs that dudes were selling for $700+ in like 2017 are can be had at $300-$400 now. some times even less. the market will for sure take a down turn.

cant stress this enough. i feel like ive been seeing the writing on the walls for awhile. and while the hyped limitted stuff may not crash over all deals will be had pretty much because the market for $1000 shoes especially ones that have already been on the market for years. you can see it right now with yeezy 350 v1s. the same used, paint cracking, heel drag up the back pairs that dudes were selling for $700+ in like 2017 are can be had at $300-$400 now. some times even less. the market will for sure take a down turn.

Not with all the free money the Government giving out

Man FTL added a size 7.5, 9, 10, and 15 on their site. Bots are that up fast. I was on as soon as added hit ad to cart only to get sold out.

Sure sneakers have been a commodity since forever, but wasn't there a correlation with the Last Dance series and the retriggering of the Jordan Retro wave?

Remember certain drops were consistently sitting both in-store and online for a good 2 or 3 years prior to 2020, but when the Last Dance series dropped reseller prices sky rocketed on certain retros and all of those retros that were sitting online starting drying up quickly. Even every drop thereafter began selling out when it wouldn't have 3 to 6 months prior.

I was actually considering putting my extra pair of Chicago 1's up for sale as a result of the wave.

Sure sneakers have been a commodity since forever, but wasn't there a correlation with the Last Dance series and the retriggering of the Jordan Retro wave?

Remember certain drops were consistently sitting both in-store and online for a good 2 or 3 years prior to 2020, but when the Last Dance series dropped reseller prices sky rocketed on certain retros and all of those retros that were sitting online starting drying up quickly. Even every drop thereafter began selling out when it wouldn't have 3 to 6 months prior.

I was actually considering putting my extra pair of Chicago 1's up for sale as a result of the wave.

Man I struck out on Griffeys yesterday. IDK what's going on conventional thinking has now left.

We're in the End Game now.

not much different for where we were in 2011-2013. not everything was reselling for a ton but everything was selling out. and then the market moved on by and large. lots of stuff was going on that contributed to that though. runners were the wave, adidas hit with the yeezy line which made retros fall off even more. in 2021 i dont know where the shift is, or if itll even apply to all jordan models but none the less i feel the down turn coming. with "quality" circling the drain i bet nike is about to start upping the quantities on releases soon too. which probably push the market down even more.

So is the leather a step down from the 2020 fire red 5 release last year?

Its a step down from that but the leather does have some give. It's not nearly as bad as the crap that Jordan 4s, 5s, and 6s were made from in 2010-2014

I know it’s been murmured a few times but really, don’t count out the fact that Gentry is back with the company. Gentry was all about hype and cost cutting materials. He is the reason we got trash in the late 2000’s, he is the reason the CDP Breds and 2011 Concords pale in comparison to the truly remastered shoes, he is the reason we moved from FCFS shoe releases to raffles. He drove hype up so much utilizing supply and demand issues within sneaker culture and the bubble popped, stores had to think of safety and thus FCFS / camping ended. Raffles started. Bots started.

he’s back, and now he gets to exploit this idea of “remastered” OG’s.. unfortunately with Nike Air and now things around that logo will begin to diminish, quality wise, and supply numbers will get smaller.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope the remastered stuff stays great. But hard white plastic “leather”, pink botched paint, it’s not looking good.

what free money ?
didnt they give out like 2 checks in the passed year?
****s would barely cover my rent .. im lucky to have been working the entire time
im not even eligible for stimulus and i know that **** aint free money nor was it enough for people struggling

they gave americans 1800 in total the whole year. the whole ****ing year lol

by the time they give americans another stimulus that **** gonna be for the whole year. 1400 for a whole year. government is foul for that

Gentry had way too much personal feelings involved with his decision making. There was a stretch where I didn’t buy a Jordan for a long time. That coincided with Nike Basketball killin it from 2005-2014-15.

Nike can’t find people to work on the snkrs app. They are constantly hiring for it.. it’s like they put all there eggs into a basket with this but just can’t fix it
i keep seeing that job posting too.

if only i knew coding :lol:

Gentry had way too much personal feelings involved with his decision making. There was a stretch where I didn’t buy a Jordan for a long time. That coincided with Nike Basketball killin it from 2005-2014-15.
He was the reason I stopped buying 3s they would crack n peel after 2-3 wears

More Memphis photos. My Amazon building, and the other 5, are all shut down and have been since Sunday afternoon. Nothing from out here is shipping out any time soon.

Attachments

• AAA7AB5E-7D6D-4A37-9B00-FFF750D43B44.jpeg
    AAA7AB5E-7D6D-4A37-9B00-FFF750D43B44.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 44
  • 7CF79C45-429F-46C4-9EF4-1EF1C81500A6.jpeg
    7CF79C45-429F-46C4-9EF4-1EF1C81500A6.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 515C2CA0-6EF5-4DAC-B9B9-4DEF9412C86A.jpeg
    515C2CA0-6EF5-4DAC-B9B9-4DEF9412C86A.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 240
Nike/Jordan selling out over hype doesn’t even surprise me any more - they KNOW how to hype. My biggest shock was the T-Mac 2 selling out like it did in every color. And the Reebok basketball line - almost every Question, kamikaze, and Shaq sell out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom