Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

2012s definitely don’t look or feel like suede in person. Besides the shape, they’re the best we have to wear for now.

Never understood the hate for the 2012s.
Idk what's going on on NT but people have been saying this for awhile.

MY 2002s felt more like thick suede and I didn't like that so I got rid of them. They were DS and I got rid of them in 2021.

2012s are smoother and feel more like Durabuck to me.

I bought 2 pairs of 2012s on release and I couldn't stand looking at them. Ended up selling 1 pair and gave the other pair to my cousin. Having the 02s I really didn't care for the 12s

With flash on
IMG_2740.jpeg

I don't know how in the hell my brain never completed this thought until just now. For YEARS, I have looked at the side panel on this shoe and thought, I know that looks like something.
It's so close, I wonder if Tinker was/is a big motorsports fan. It's always seemed like such a random yet purposeful pattern that I've always assumed there had to be an inspiration behind it. I give you the Spa-Francorchamps track, one of the world's greatest circuits and home of the F1 Belgian Grand Prix and other prestigious races.

spa-track-map.jpg

:rofl:

I think you’re wrong fam. I had the OGs as a kid and the 2012 material is closer. 02 were more suede like

I had the OG's as a teen. The panels had nap to them (in various forms) like the 02's. Some had lighter panels, some had darker, some had slightly more smooth panels, but the OG's were absolutely not all smooth Durabuck/1 material like the 2012's.

The only reason I dont love the 2012 is the back tab and how it glosses up then films. Which is prelude to cracking. Like some of todays releases, the originals had two versions. Korean and Taiwan factory pairs differed. I love both versions. I have a Korean pair. Pic to your left btw.
2012s look like Tiawan pairs from 1992. 2009 DMPs look like an OD Korean pair. With this specific color and model being my favorite ever, I have to admit the 2002 does nothing for me. Too much suede look to them.

Back
Top Bottom