Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

Have to disagree with you on the 3s. For me they are awful. Just bad cushioning. My ankles, feet, and knees were sore as hell afterwards. I'm a big guy though, so that may be why.
I ain't find 3s that comfortable either :lol: you can play basketball in any shoes really. I mean think way back in the day when dudes were wearing chucks to play ball :x

Have to disagree with you on the 3s. For me they are awful. Just bad cushioning. My ankles, feet, and knees were sore as hell afterwards. I'm a big guy though, so that may be why.
3s are good for speed that's why I put them in the category

3s for speed? 3s are in my top fav 5 AJ but I would never ball in them. And I don't even play that much

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
...what?

What'a wrong with balling in retros? I see people ball in Vans and Roshes :lol:

Who has time to ball in retros (much less wear them) when it is so much more productive to go all "CSI" on the shoes for glue stains and creases?

That's just generalizing all collectors. There are still some people that just ball in whatever they want which is perfectly fine as long as they are happy.

I do agree that there are better alternatives but that's just my personal preference.

That's just generalizing all collectors. There are still some people that just ball in whatever they want which is perfectly fine as long as they are happy.

I do agree that there are better alternatives but that's just my personal preference.
Yeah there are way better alternatives (Kobes, KDs, the recent Js), but retro Js aren't too shabby either. People are just too scared to get their sneakers dirty, which it's original purpose was for the hardwood or concrete. It would make sense that they don't want to use limited edition Js, but GR retro jordans? Use em before the sole crumbles or the paint cracks :lol:

Yeah there are way better alternatives (Kobes, KDs, the recent Js), but retro Js aren't too shabby either. People are just too scared to get their sneakers dirty, which it's original purpose was for the hardwood or concrete. It would make sense that they don't want to use limited edition Js, but GR retro jordans? Use em before the sole crumbles or the paint cracks :lol:

It's not even the people are scared to get their shoes dirty concept. Retros just aren't that comfy on the court. A lot of shortcuts have been made and are generally viewed as casual instead of performance shoes.

It's not even the people are scared to get their shoes dirty concept. Retros just aren't that comfy on the court. A lot of shortcuts have been made and are generally viewed as casual instead of performance shoes.
That's true to an extent. I can still ball up on a consistent basis with the XIs to XIVs though. The XX and XXIII are great too!

That's true to an extent. I can still ball up on a consistent basis with the XIs to XIVs though. The XX and XXIII are great too!

You can remove the extent part. That's just how it is.
The CDP 11s felt like there was cardboard for insoles and that goes for a lot of the retroes. JB has also gotten rid of the zoom on some retrod from what I remember and the carbon fiber has been omitted from the soles too on the xis. It's a faux carbon with a painted pattern.

Xx3 don't have a retro either. The comment isn't one for all jordans. It's just enough poor feeling, shorter cutted pairs out there that have given JB retrod a bad name.

Who would ball in 7s they retros. There are better performing shoes then retros from like 15 years ago
And 15 years from now people will say the same thing. And yet in the pros you still see it cause it's 90% marketing.

Nike's air max line is the best marketed and least effective movement in sportswear ever. Pretty much all the evidence shows more injuries in runners with bigger, more cushioned shoes. Minimalist shoes and going barefoot have proven much better on the joints in the long run.

The GOAT got by just fine then and he'd get by just fine now with the same shows from 25-30 years ago!

And 15 years from now people will say the same thing. And yet in the pros you still see it cause it's 90% marketing.

Nike's air max line is the best marketed and least effective movement in sportswear ever. Pretty much all the evidence shows more injuries in runners with bigger, more cushioned shoes. Minimalist shoes and going barefoot have proven much better on the joints in the long run.

The GOAT got by just fine then and he'd get by just fine now with the same shows from 25-30 years ago!

can you kinda elaborate Trap. are you saying these really hurt people feet when they play in them? yikes.. im not a baller, however i do/know how to play ball. and the bugs bunny 9 wasnt that bad in my opinion. of course thats my pair i ball in and thats it. the rest for casual. however, this convo got me thinking, for the people in here that actually get it in on the court, does the performance really off from compare back then?? it kinda makes me wonder if its just the 7, or other retro hold up fine on court.? **old heads, where you guys at.. hehe all love for you OG sneak geeks tho.. :D**

I play a lot ball all year round, and I've always balled in current AJ's, retroe's, kobes,sometimes LeBrons but lately this past year up tel about A month ago I've been hoop'N in my M10 YOTH, unfortunately I blew my air zoom unit like a lot of others did in there M10's, AJ XX8's. Since balling in my melo's with the newest technology by Nike/JB it's been really hard for me too go back to hoopin in retroes.My choice of retros I ball in are X-XIV's. My hoopin rotation right now are Chi X's, CG XI's, Blk/Univ blue XII's, PO XIII's, Blk Toe XIII's, white/red XIII's. As for the question about if anyone balls in VII's, ya I did couple year's ago I would wear my Citrus VII's, and I wore my'11 Bordeaux 2X's. They were cool but not too much ankle support but very comfy. Retros just feel flat compared to today's KBs,KD's,LeBrons,AJ's.

Back
Top Bottom