Air Jordan 9 "Black Bottom" Nike Exclusive May 9, 2013 - $130

In October 2012 the Jordan Brand released several colors of the iconic Air Jordan 9. The product celebrated the “Johnny Kilroy” campaign launched by the brand in 1995. During the creation process of this launch a small percentage of the product was built with a black outsole (versus the white outsole that was intended). Due to the colors not being correct the product was automatically classified as a “B-grade” product. “B-grade” is the technical term for a flawed product; in this case the “flaw” is merely an outsole color that does not match the product code.

The team associated with the brand love Jordans and none of us felt comfortable destroying a perfectly good product. Instead, we decided to do what Michael himself would have done…identify a challenge and attack it. In this case, consumers are the winners.

The Jordan Brand has decided to provide our fans and consumers the opportunity to buy this “instant classic” On May 9th, 2013 the Air Jordan 9 “Black Bottom” will be offered exclusively at Nike.com at a retail price of $130.00.

Air Jordan 9 “Black Bottom” (Access via @NikeStore Twitter link only)

Price: $130

Sizes: 7-13.5, 14, 15

Limit 1 per customer

LOL!

Seen Nike send me the tweet I was like
mean.gif

Should have dropped like that in the first place

$130 is not bad tho they came through w. that price

Pretty good to lace up and play ball with.

logged on just to see if there was a thread about this.

smh. the white bottomed was were trash anyway but this whole story is odd.

wow

i sold 2 pairs of these for $380.00 and $500.00

glad to see these release the right way
but outletS with phone order would have been easier

$130.00 is a steal
even though i got them for $79.99 each

i always knew nike themselves would one day release B grade product online

Last edited:
First time I remember Nike dropping bgrades on their website. These hit an outlet too.

I wanted these when they had the black bottom in pix. Then they came out with a white one and I mega passed. These will be copped 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
wow, they colored in the soles of the leftover photoblue stock

and named it black bottoms

smh

wow

i sold 2 pairs of these for $380.00 and $500.00

glad to see these release the right way
but outlet with phone order would have been easier

$130.00 is a steal
even though i got them for $79.99 each

i always knew nike themselves would one day release B grade product online
i was looking for these my outlet had em sold em out the backdoor to friends and family....never saw below 450 in my size....glad i never pulled the trigger now 

i was looking for these my outlet had em sold em out the backdoor to friends and family....never saw below 450 in my size....glad i never pulled the trigger now 

when you know people you get hooked up

i lucked out on getting 2 pair's

if i had my size in the black bottoms i would kept em

Last edited:
First time I remember Nike dropping bgrades on their website. These hit an outlet too.
that sneakersteal frenzy that happened down in the fla keys nike outlet is why they pulled them... damn it was 10k of these wonder how many they are actually going to  have on NDC

if they were $100 id cop

i dont care for IX's especially this colorway

wow, they colored in the soles of the leftover photoblue stock

and named it black bottoms

smh
Nah, these were a mistake from the original release. They were in outlets when the photo blue dropped.
It was like $3 Mil in shoes that were messed up, there was an article on them then.

Yea, 9's are one of the worst of the number jordans IMO. Im wondering what the #'s are on these. Ho many did Nike actually ruin?

Last edited:
I was planning to cop for hoopin when they dropped on fnl but was surprised to see they just kinda vanished quicker than I expected. I will be trying for a pair

I hate how these will no doubt have stupid hype
eyes.gif
 they still aren't all that in any way if I do manage to beat the bots and get a pair i'm for sure attempting to doctor up the contrast stitching... they really went overboard on it with these

Yep. I'd cop. People gonna be all over these just cause of the story and how limited they are. Watch resellers charge a ton
I agree!

The fact that these shoes have somewhat of a story behind them plus they're sold at NDC only makes it more limited. Resellers definitely going in

This is the sneaker equivalent to an error baseball card, if theyre super limited, ppl will always want what they cant have. This right here has the potential for being an epic thread, let the games begin...

that's SO corny though.... release with a white bottom, go on sale, outlet, sit... release with a black and give them a story and online release and now it's a collector's item... nike really has these simpletons by the balls

Back
Top Bottom