Air Jordan 9 "Black Bottom" Nike Exclusive May 9, 2013 - $130

You gotta give it to nike to turn this product that was taken out of the production line and making it a "hype" magnet. I do however like that these are $130 which makes them a nice cop for the people that don't like paying $160 for jordans or prefer the black bottoms more

Nike nor Jordan brand make hype, the buyers make the hype. Nike/JB sell products and advertise them as being "freaking awesome". What company downplays what product  they sell. If you don't want to be a "hypebeast" don't buy em. If the shoes have flaws, send them back. Some play the game and win, some cry about the rules of the game and lose. If I saw 100 pairs of Mags at 1k each, I'd buy em all and put em on the bay all day long. Anyone who says otherwise is a lying sack!  Didnt know there were so many people in marketing on these boards.

For my somewhat informative contribution 

9's for me fit TTS but are a tad snug, I have slightly wide feet. Most say go TTS or half size up

the midsoles are prone to crack and crease  on alot of 9s

These are still sitting tho lol.. not that that's a bad thing, I just think there is no demand.

I'll be proven wrong though.

I like these better than the white bottoms, but I am going to pass. If they was $100, I would probably cop. The white bottoms was sitting for a minute though.

I normally buy and collect what I like and I don't like these.  But it won't hurt to try.  I'll try for these and if I don't get it no biggie, if I do then hope I can trade it for something I'll actually wear.

Had a chance to come up on some "black bottom" photo blues last year for $450. That was when they were really touted as an accident that shouldn't have happened. Nike makes their own hype lol

If the resellers eat these up I hope to god they get stuck with them. it is gonna be sad if there are idiots out there that drop like 4 bills on them. they are releasing in a fsr so I hope the buyers have some sense and will know it's not that rare or special. still hoping I can manage to get a pair for hooping, never copped on ndc though might have to practice before thursday

Now this is where the Jordan box comes into play, I have the one of the 25% of the 10k pairs that hit outlets with a Jordan box, these will have a Nike box, interesting to see how this works out....

If the resellers eat these up I hope to god they get stuck with them. it is gonna be sad if there are idiots out there that drop like 4 bills on them. they are releasing in a fsr so I hope the buyers have some sense and will know it's not that rare or special. still hoping I can manage to get a pair for hooping, never copped on ndc though might have to practice before thursday

^10,000 pairs were the numbers on these, maybe 1000

Last edited:
white bottoms look better, da only reason da black bottoms were selling for stupid cake is now anything rare jordan related gets hyped to infinity.

You really forget that your opinion is only YOUR opinion.

I and many others think the black midsole is better.

View media item 396607
If i'm able to get and resell is anything over $100 profit. I'm not keeping. Worst case scenario.... I keep to wear which is no big deal. I do like white bottoms more tho.

Last edited:
I have the white bottom pair and like it better. However, these are tanks, they won't get dirty and will look great for many, many wears. I would almost be inclined to buy these over the white bottoms for that reason alone.

i was looking for these after someone posted a picture of them at their local outlet in the outlet thread. i was talking to an employee at my outlet a couple months ago to see if they were trying to get them and they told me that the black bottoms were sent to a couple outlets and nike quickly sent an email making these outlets send them back. Now i know why. They were on outlet shelves for a few days tho.

Back
Top Bottom