AIR JORDAN III HEEL TAB YELLOWING

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Next time you can prevent this by not letting any sunlight hit these, and storing them in a dark cool area.

this...

yellowing heel tabs have nothing to do with moisture...its from exposure to sunlight.

Read the Description for Application and Results of Plus White:

Originally Posted by klean13kicks

So I've done all I can, in terms of "Plus White," for these Laney V's. The pair belongs to my friend and through neglect or not being properly stored. They need a repainting and defintely could use some sessions of seaglow, but I was only focused on the effects of "Plus White" for now. They went through 6 individual sessions with the "Plus White" on for 24 hours each session. I used a heavy scrub brush to apply the "Plus White" and then added a layer with a regular toothbrush. After each session I would rinse off with warm water, dry, and re-apply. This is what I got.

Tools and Product Used:

9qae5t.jpg

EXTREMELY Yellowed Toes:

1glmaa.jpg

PLUS WHITE Treated Toes:

1zxqeeg.jpg

2d0nz3b.jpg

Overall the "Plus White" did take away a lot of the Yellowing, but they're still not bright white, but a little off white. I would say "Plus White" is an excellent, easy, affordable product for shoes that have minor yellowing, but it won't fix major yellowing. It won't work on clear soles BUT it has removed some yellowing from my Yeezy soles, with out effecting the GID power. :up:?

I use the method above but I slightly added my own modifications. All I use is a Q-Tip. I clean the yellowed lip then I soaked one end of the Q-Tip into the Plus White and then I add a think layer of the Plus White to the lip area only, whipping off the excess Plus White after applying it with the other clean end of the Q-Tip. Next, I expose the lip area only of the VII in the sun from a window with a small fan that I have in my room blowing directly on them so there is some sort of climate control against the shoe and mainly so that the lip does not start to separate because separation can occur from the sun causing the glue to heat up and expand and in most cases the glue will not become as attached to the material as strongly as once before, (reason why I do it from an inside window and not directly outside). During the day, while the suns up, I try to apply the Plus White every 6 hours and once at night for about 12 hours and then I repeat this whole method in the morning when the sun starts to come back out. I hope this brief explanation helps!!
smokin.gif

Olympic VII's before Plus White Appliance:
mil8c7.jpg

Olympic VII's Currently in the Process of the Plus White Method:
(Day 3, Plus White Session 8.)
[Lips of the VII's have Plus White applied to them in photos]
2958wph.jpg

295v7tl.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]WILL POST FINAL RESULTS!!![/color]

Read the Description for Application and Results of Plus White:

Originally Posted by klean13kicks

So I've done all I can, in terms of "Plus White," for these Laney V's. The pair belongs to my friend and through neglect or not being properly stored. They need a repainting and defintely could use some sessions of seaglow, but I was only focused on the effects of "Plus White" for now. They went through 6 individual sessions with the "Plus White" on for 24 hours each session. I used a heavy scrub brush to apply the "Plus White" and then added a layer with a regular toothbrush. After each session I would rinse off with warm water, dry, and re-apply. This is what I got.

Tools and Product Used:

9qae5t.jpg

EXTREMELY Yellowed Toes:

1glmaa.jpg

PLUS WHITE Treated Toes:

1zxqeeg.jpg

2d0nz3b.jpg

Overall the "Plus White" did take away a lot of the Yellowing, but they're still not bright white, but a little off white. I would say "Plus White" is an excellent, easy, affordable product for shoes that have minor yellowing, but it won't fix major yellowing. It won't work on clear soles BUT it has removed some yellowing from my Yeezy soles, with out effecting the GID power. :up:?

I use the method above but I slightly added my own modifications. All I use is a Q-Tip. I clean the yellowed lip then I soaked one end of the Q-Tip into the Plus White and then I add a think layer of the Plus White to the lip area only, whipping off the excess Plus White after applying it with the other clean end of the Q-Tip. Next, I expose the lip area only of the VII in the sun from a window with a small fan that I have in my room blowing directly on them so there is some sort of climate control against the shoe and mainly so that the lip does not start to separate because separation can occur from the sun causing the glue to heat up and expand and in most cases the glue will not become as attached to the material as strongly as once before, (reason why I do it from an inside window and not directly outside). During the day, while the suns up, I try to apply the Plus White every 6 hours and once at night for about 12 hours and then I repeat this whole method in the morning when the sun starts to come back out. I hope this brief explanation helps!!
smokin.gif

Olympic VII's before Plus White Appliance:
mil8c7.jpg

Olympic VII's Currently in the Process of the Plus White Method:
(Day 3, Plus White Session 8.)
[Lips of the VII's have Plus White applied to them in photos]
2958wph.jpg

295v7tl.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]WILL POST FINAL RESULTS!!![/color]

^^^but all of the yellowed pics are taken with no flash..."whitened" pics are taken with flash. Kind of false results...

before and after should be taken in same lighting...preferably both taken outside on a sunny day in natural light with no flash to show the true result.

^^^but all of the yellowed pics are taken with no flash..."whitened" pics are taken with flash. Kind of false results...

before and after should be taken in same lighting...preferably both taken outside on a sunny day in natural light with no flash to show the true result.

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

BTW, 2 of my pairs I bought when they released (True Blue's and Cement)... Both were worn once or twice, and sat since. On BOTH pairs only the right heel tab yellowed, the left still white. On others i've seen this as well, extremely odd, anyone have the slightest idea WHY this would happen? Hm
Just checked my TB III's that I've worn a few times since I got them last August and noticed some slight yellowing on my left pair only?! Must be getting some more sunlight than the other heel tab or something. I just wish the Jordan III's didn't experience paint cracking or yellowing heel tabs . Still my favs tho... 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

BTW, 2 of my pairs I bought when they released (True Blue's and Cement)... Both were worn once or twice, and sat since. On BOTH pairs only the right heel tab yellowed, the left still white. On others i've seen this as well, extremely odd, anyone have the slightest idea WHY this would happen? Hm
Just checked my TB III's that I've worn a few times since I got them last August and noticed some slight yellowing on my left pair only?! Must be getting some more sunlight than the other heel tab or something. I just wish the Jordan III's didn't experience paint cracking or yellowing heel tabs . Still my favs tho... 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Next time you can prevent this by not letting any sunlight hit these, and storing them in a dark cool area.

this...

yellowing heel tabs have nothing to do with moisture...its from exposure to sunlight.

There is no sun in my closet but my tabs are yellowing

this...

The quoted pic's are not mine but the Oly VII's are. The before and the first pic were taken in the same exact spot and lighting and second pic with flash was to show its true results. In person you can clearly tell the difference but like any experiments you always need controlled features as in the same lighting and all that jazz. I will post pic's of the lips in natural sunlight but to late for the before pic's.

The quoted pic's are not mine but the Oly VII's are. The before and the first pic were taken in the same exact spot and lighting and second pic with flash was to show its true results. In person you can clearly tell the difference but like any experiments you always need controlled features as in the same lighting and all that jazz. I will post pic's of the lips in natural sunlight but to late for the before pic's.

Hmm I have yellowed heel tabs on my Mocha 3s but I'm going to repaint it..I might try this on the front tab of my 04 Oly VII's

I swear I've seen the exact same teeth whitening product at the dollar tree

Hmm I have yellowed heel tabs on my Mocha 3s but I'm going to repaint it..I might try this on the front tab of my 04 Oly VII's

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

this...

Do you store them in the box covered with the tissue paper, or do you leave them out in your closet? 

this...

Do you store them in the box covered with the tissue paper, or do you leave them out in your closet? 

Damn I wish I woulda known about this before I sold my French Blue VII's.  Only reason I never wore them was because the toes had yellowed!
mad.gif

- Preciate it.

Damn I wish I woulda known about this before I sold my French Blue VII's.  Only reason I never wore them was because the toes had yellowed!
mad.gif

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by Compton781

I am not too sure at all but I think they sale it there but for sure at some Dollar General store locations.

Originally Posted by Compton781

I am not too sure at all but I think they sale it there but for sure at some Dollar General store locations.

this...

They are always kept inside the box (DS pair), I change out the tissue paper and use a white terry cloth towl instead (in the case of the tab, its not even touching the towl). The closet is kept dark except when I need clothes or shoes out of it. The yellowing on the tab is just about as yellow as the pair I wear. Nither pair is that yellow or ugly, but my point is this pair has never seen sunlight and the tab is yellowing.

this...

They are always kept inside the box (DS pair), I change out the tissue paper and use a white terry cloth towl instead (in the case of the tab, its not even touching the towl). The closet is kept dark except when I need clothes or shoes out of it. The yellowing on the tab is just about as yellow as the pair I wear. Nither pair is that yellow or ugly, but my point is this pair has never seen sunlight and the tab is yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom