Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Unless the Cement IV's come out sometime soon this will be my last retro Jordan purchase for a while. I want at least 4 of these, more if I can afford them and then I'm just rocking these for many, many years. This is an everyday shoe for me.

Originally Posted by Asia

01/22/2011

?
121.jpg

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
AbstraKt wrote:

Magic1978 wrote:
Originally Posted by bdub253

Originally Posted by BigTy23

$150 Seriously JB? This better be a good quality release to justify a 50% price hike...

50% price hike? Did you buy them for $100 sometime in the last 20 years? What are you talking about???
I'm not positive and this is off the top of my head...

Well in 93, I'm pretty positive I paid $99 for my first III's...the cement III's, which was the original price.  Even the true blues in 2001 were $99.
In 2007 I paid $125 for fire red III's
The original XX's cost $200.
The 3/20 CDP with the garbage XX's cost $310.
Even the true blues, on an international release were $130 EUR.  From what I read, don't they typically get charged more, so that justifies the $175.

I think the prices have gone like this $100, $110, $120, $125 for the different versions of III's.  See where I'm going?  Where does the $25 increase from?

So where exactly does the $150 come from, a $25 increase in just three years and a $50 jump?
Seems like Jordan listens to demand to determine prices like with the XI and these, but not when it comes to quality or what we really want.

Man, after this release I think I'd have come full circle and I'll be done with buying Jordan's.  First Jordan's I loved, first I wanted and first I bought.

To illustrate this point:
DEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMAND
SUPPLYSUPPLYSUPPLYSUPPLYSUPPLY

thus...

QUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITY
PRICEPRICEPRICEPRICEPRICEPRICE

It won't take an economics major to understand this flow chart.

exactly what i was thinking...but i guess im not helping the cause by coppin em
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by bdub253

$150 Seriously JB? This better be a good quality release to justify a 50% price hike...

50% price hike? Did you buy them for $100 sometime in the last 20 years? What are you talking about???
I'm not positive and this is off the top of my head...

Well in 93, I'm pretty positive I paid $99 for my first III's...the cement III's, which was the original price.  Even the true blues in 2001 were $99.
In 2007 I paid $125 for fire red III's
The original XX's cost $200.
The 3/20 CDP with the garbage XX's cost $310.
Even the true blues, on an international release were $130 EUR.  From what I read, don't they typically get charged more, so that justifies the $175.

I think the prices have gone like this $100, $110, $120, $125 for the different versions of III's.  See where I'm going?  Where does the $25 increase from?

So where exactly does the $150 come from, a $25 increase in just three years and a $50 jump?
Seems like Jordan listens to demand to determine prices like with the XI and these, but not when it comes to quality or what we really want.

Man, after this release I think I'd have come full circle and I'll be done with buying Jordan's.  First Jordan's I loved, first I wanted and first I bought.

Man I think that Im right there with you on this one... Its getting to be ridiculous that they continue to raise the prices and the quality of the shoes continues to decline...
Ive held back on alot of retros cause A) the Quality sucked  Or B) Jordan was just out of their mind for the prices that they are charging for some of that bull....  

Originally Posted by Baysav408

Forreal.  Hopefully the quality is on point.
The quality will never be up to NT's standards but the same guys complaining will still go out and buy these.

Weren't the III's $125 before?

That's crazy....i'm tellin yall.....the Spacejam YARDANS messed it up. Yall bit on the $175 tag and now you guys will bite this tag.

Back
Top Bottom