AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

You can’t be serious…

NG 1, AMM 3, Unions, CG 11, I can go on and on
I own a NGs (both highs and lows) and I'd take these over both of those.

Unions are a very love or hate thing. I'm on the hate side (respect to Chris Gibbs tho)

Fam how many 11s do y'all need? 11s haven't been shoe of the year in at least 5 years.

I really never wear 11s, but there are certain colorways that are absolute musts. Saying CG 4 > CG 11 is blasphemous. I’m going to get at least a couple wears out of these 11s.
I totally understand the legacy of the 11 (I grew up in the era where the 11 was "THE" shoe). However, JB isn't helping the 11 with the yearly releases.

I recently saw the Adapt 11s in person and wasn't impressed by any means. I still enjoy seeing the kids do their thing in December/ January in their new 11s but I'm no where near wow'd anymore.

I owned the last CG retro and they were cool but I sold them years ago and never regretted it. There is no chance I get this year's pair because ultimately they just won't get worn much if at all.

CG 4s on the other hand can be worn much more and are overall just a cooler shoe imo.

I get it about XI's. It's THE shoe that kind of started this for me and cemented my hobby. But they don't have that WOW that they did. It's been like 26 years lol. But one thing I will say is that shape and materials make a difference.

When Concords dropped in 2018 and they REALLY stepped it up on that retro, I was WOW'd and I still am. When they make them meh.. they don't hit the same.

I get it about XI's. It's THE shoe that kind of started this for me and cemented my hobby. But they don't have that WOW that they did. It's been like 26 years lol. But one thing I will say is that shape and materials make a difference.

When Concords dropped in 2018 and they REALLY stepped it up on that retro, I was WOW'd and I still am. When they make them meh.. they don't hit the same.

the concords from 2018 are so nice. I have two already and really need another pair.

Stockroom pic at my daughter's store...
IMG_0117.jpg

Back
Top Bottom