AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

Top Star, Top Rank, Top Dawg, whatever they're called is nothing but a group of volume resellers who own a collection of bots and all they do is cop hundreds and hundreds of sought after sneakers for retail and as long as you do business with them and make them money, they'll oop you a pair for retail.

They found a niche and great for them and EBay, but me personally, nah I'm good.

That’s messed up
So basically resellers are getting these pairs for retail
Or people who spend a lot paying resale
Ebay can suck it!
Not necessarily. Not all resellers get in. They tend to favor buyer than resellers. It’s just a perk of using eBay vs goat/stockx. They’re pushing hard to claw back the shoewear marketplace after losing grounds to escrow services. If you get in it’s nice. They also limit your buying count on top star. Not like everyone in top star can cop everything they listed. So use your access wisely. It’s nice to get rare shoes for retail regardless of resale hype or not.

Do you buy or sell a ton of stuff?
Mostly buy, rarely sold stuff.
You would think they would throw a bone to us long time members. I guess they do their research and "gift" the folks that are active on social media. . . :smh:
Screenshot_20210828-122628_eBay.jpg

Info about it. Just meet a buying threshold and they’ll send you an invite or apply if you think you qualify. Remember, I you haven’t bought anything. Don’t expect them to review your application

Attachments

• CC9981A4-8E47-4D62-BF9A-E89BD7795BB4.png
    CC9981A4-8E47-4D62-BF9A-E89BD7795BB4.png
    629.6 KB · Views: 203
God damn need to fill out a freaking application to buy sneakers for retail :lol:

Bro what the **** happened to this **** :lol:

I was a baby/lil kid for the 90’s - 00’s glory days and still can remember copping Cement 3’s/Metallic 5’s wit ease 10 years ago.

I'll cop these when they reach Raging Bulls prices... These are plentiful don't get caught up in fomo. The prices will go down. Patience.
They will 100% go down to close to retail. After tax I paid 240$ and last night on stockx pairs was selling for 275$ For size 11 so locally in two weeks you’ll definitely be able to get a pair for 40-50$ above retail. I say 280$ locally all day.

That’s messed up
So basically resellers are getting these pairs for retail
Or people who spend a lot paying resale
Ebay can suck it!
Top Star is a hoax. Applied 3 months ago and nothing.
Top Star, Top Rank, Top Dawg, whatever they're called is nothing but a group of volume resellers who own a collection of bots and all they do is cop hundreds and hundreds of sought after sneakers for retail and as long as you do business with them and make them money, they'll oop you a pair for retail.

They found a niche and great for them and EBay, but me personally, nah I'm good.

This just isn't true at all. I've been buying on eBay with this account since 2004. Nothing crazy price wise. Never paid more than $400 for any pairs and even that is rare. I have MAYBE sold 4 pairs of shoes on there in all this time. Not a reseller at all. They automatically enrolled me in it. Only reason I even found out about it was somebody posted Hyper Royal 1's from one of their sellers and it stopped me before the final step, saying that I had to wait for my window before I could buy. Talked to someone at ebay who confirmed I was in, and just told me to keep an eye on my email.

Interested to know how many of these were made vs those Oreo 4s. Cause ain’t no way these lightnings hitting “raging bull prices” when those Oreos still damn near $400.
J4 white Oreo had same sentiments. But price went the other way
This is where being in touch with outside comes into place. The white oreo are a simple and clean shoe that anyone can rock and more people would be attracted to due to their simplicity. The lightnings are a bright yellow shoe, a lot of people aren't into that and can't be rocked as easily as a primarily white shoe. Also, take into account that most casual sneaker wearers don't care about the history of shoes like we do on here so these being released for the first time in 15 years means nothing to a lot of the people buying these or just shoes in general today. If you were to put these side by side the white cements and told people you can get these shoes for $100 dollars but only one pair, I guarantee you most people would choose the primarily white shoe. I think y'all are overthinking it.. it simply comes down "how many fits can I rock this with?" for most people. It's much easier to rock an all white pair of shoes than it is to rock an all yellow one without looking corny. The raging bulls were primarily red and just as plentiful for these and you see how they turned out. The price will go down on these. Don't worry.

This is where being in touch with outside comes into place. The white oreo are a simple and clean shoe that anyone can rock and more people would be attracted to due to their simplicity. The lightnings are a bright yellow shoe, a lot of people aren't into that and can't be rocked as easily as a primarily white shoe. Also, take into account that most casual sneaker wearers don't care about the history of shoes like we do on here so these being released for the first time in 15 years means nothing to a lot of the people buying these or just shoes in general today. If you were to put these side by side the white cements and told people you can get these shoes for $100 dollars but only one pair, I guarantee you most people would choose the primarily white shoe. I think y'all are overthinking it.. it simply comes down "how many fits can I rock this with?" for most people. It's much easier to rock an all white pair of shoes than it is to rock an all yellow one without looking corny. The raging bulls were primarily red and just as plentiful for these and you see how they turned out. The price will go down on these. Don't worry.
Liking this thought process. Need these but can wait it out.

Yeah this is a good point. I was looking at it from my pov initially, I see myself rocking these a lot specially with the way I put my fits together. A lot of people don’t have fashion sense. With that being said I still don’t think these dipping that low, it’s a 4. And if im not mistaken every 4 that’s released this year is over 300+

Back
Top Bottom