Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Does the shape to this shoe look funny to anyone or just me? The right shoe looks good, just the left one looks a little off and I can't put my finger on why.
IMG_6997.jpeg
IMG_7020.jpeg

The issue is that the Left shoe's Height is higher than the right shoe. Check it out.

I went through 8 pairs of these and personally have 3 remaining. I noticed that these 4's have height differences in there cuts. Pay close attention to the panel on top of the Mudguard. Notice how small of a gap it is compared to the right shoe. It translates to the height of the shoe overall. Its usually a few CM higher. When you align the Heel tabs, you will notice that one heel tab "Nike Air" is higher then the other. Also, the left shoe is going to be slimmer in cut due to this.

Personally I prefer the high cut on the 4's instead of the stumpiness.

Not even sure what you’re getting at. It’s 2 different pictures taken at 2 different locations. Right shoe is factory laced and the left is loosened up a bit

Real talk... So glad we had a team of shoeologist on standby on NT... Nothing like the bros coming together to assist someone with questions. It's crazy how we can get catch up out here these days with the secondary market/reps...

I love this hobby and I’m really passionate about it. Been on NikeTalk since early 2000’s (even though my profile says 2018 due to old account not accessible)

I love coming here to connect with fellow NT’ers so we can talk about the shoes, quality and nitpicks lol.

Just know they do something to screw it up. I would like to think that the 19 release was as close as we’ve gotten since 99

They’ll definitely have a gimmick attached. I think they’ll still be better than the 2019 pair though.

Won’t be tough to meet that bar. 2019 pair sucks. I still have one pair but wish I hadn’t worn them. I’d offload them in a flash now, especially at the hysterical prices dopes seem willing to pay.

Won’t be tough to meet that bar. 2019 pair sucks. I still have one pair but wish I hadn’t worn them. I’d offload them in a flash now, especially at the hysterical prices dopes seem willing to pay.

100% hear you, but I'm a 4 guy and would never want to be without a pair of these. They look awesome on feet and I enjoy wearing them despite some of the flaws. I've got these in permanent rotation.

100% hear you, but I'm a 4 guy and would never want to be without a pair of these. They look awesome on feet and I enjoy wearing them despite some of the flaws. I've got these in permanent rotation.
No I get it. I’m the same. That’s why I won’t sell my lightly worn pair even though I’m sure I easily could. I just meant, objectively they aren’t anything special. I had to iron the toes and add the gray lines just to feel like they aren’t a complete disgrace. Those toes are so jacked out of the box 🤣

Off topic, but @MJO23DAN probably has the BEST shaped AJ 4 I've seen...

In quite awhile...

vlcsnap-2022-12-29-23h07m21s148.png
vlcsnap-2022-12-29-23h07m11s38.png

Sure the ankle height is STILL off, and the toe box is fat as ****, but the cut of the ankle is almost to the height of the pull tab. Also, the wing is almost to the very back, and NOT all the way to the center. Like on most 4's, and the pair below.

IMG_7020+.jpeg

The start of mudguard isn't curving, or close to the midsole, either.

:emoji_100:

Last edited:

Off topic, but @MJO23DAN probably has the BEST shaped AJ 4 I've seen...

In quite awhile...

vlcsnap-2022-12-29-23h07m21s148.png
vlcsnap-2022-12-29-23h07m11s38.png

Sure the ankle height is STILL off, and the toe box is fat as ****, but the cut of the ankle is almost to the height of the pull tab. Also, the wing is almost to the very back, and NOT all the way to the center. Like on most 4's, and the pair below.

IMG_7020+.jpeg

The start of mudguard isn't curving, or close to the midsole, either.

:emoji_100:
Bro! I think My pair is shaped even better, I've been meaning to post it. I know my toe is definitely better than his.

I've been meaning to post in the AMM4 thread that it's easily the best toe in 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom