Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

wow, that sound great. 99 better looking than ogs.

1 thing i liked about the 2016 white cements 4 (i accidentally threw mine away)

is that they do feel thick and padded. comfort was good.

there’s a little curve on the 2018 bc3
meaning looking at them vs 01s. my 01s seem straight and flat. that hoops guy on IG who remakes some shoes, the one he did with the bc3 looks straighter like it should be. the tongue on his custom pair looks short and the toe ep is still little thick but more thin than the 2018 ep.

God sometimes I wish Nike would just go back to a jumpman on the back, Jordan on the sole, garbage elephant print, and every other major issue that has been fixed over the past 10 years, for the sole purpose of trolling people who nitpick about design features that nobody reasonably expected to be changed to begin with. When the BC3s were rumored in 2017, nobody was thinking to themselves "Oh my god I hope they completely overhaul the shape, do you think they'll fix the shape?? They didn't fix the shape on the Wools, True Blues, or Cyber Mondays, but surely they'll fix the shape this time, right?" No. People just wanted Nike Air and a quality of leather that was better than plastic. Anything else would have been expectations of grandeur.

God sometimes I wish Nike would just go back to a jumpman on the back, Jordan on the sole, garbage elephant print, and every other major issue that has been fixed over the past 10 years, for the sole purpose of trolling people who nitpick about design features that nobody reasonably expected to be changed to begin with. When the BC3s were rumored in 2017, nobody was thinking to themselves "Oh my god I hope they completely overhaul the shape, do you think they'll fix the shape?? They didn't fix the shape on the Wools, True Blues, or Cyber Mondays, but surely they'll fix the shape this time, right?" No. People just wanted Nike Air and a quality of leather that was better than plastic. Anything else would have been expectations of grandeur.

When I first started reading your post I was like this dudes on drugs. :rofl: Then I read the rest and was like oh I see your point.

Last edited:

We were quite vocal about nike air around 06 when i joined. That’s when I was understanding some of the passion of some nters. some just hold strict type of standards

not saying i want all jordans or IIIs to be perfect, cause some of the original owners stated there issues with 1988s, 1989 etc. and there might be issues to point out on 99s to 03 retros.

I got into sneakers around hs 2001 at 15. My experience is limited to the “2nd” wave of retros from 99-present. The first is basically mid 90s(94).

Just saying like there was a period where Nike made their originals and retros a nice looking way, however the heads at the hq are doing some things that are sorta pissing off the most passionate group (1%). Some nters really are stuck in that era.

If we want nike air, then we also demand right shape, we want right ep, we want the wings height higher, we want good padding, tongue height, sleek toes and flat soles. TBH, that’s all supposed to be standard cause that’s how the originals were sorta like and some of the 1st and 2nd wave of retros were good. I can understand some of their concerns. Some ogs i like, some retros i like.

The others gonna say Nikes a business, cuts costs blah blah blah.

I guess the opinion is we want all (the best ) or nothing. So i guess we can say we do expect grandeur >D.

How did this happen?
:lol: i was cleaning out my room, and put them in a black bag with clothes i didn’t wear, which was set aside.

next day i took out the recycling and trash, the wrong bag :lol:, i had about 3 bags, totally forget shoes were in the bag and couldn’t feel the weight cause after adding in shoes i added more clothes.

i could have donated them to charity.

That’s how I feel every time the Black Infrared 6 returns. All people wanted in 2014 was 3m. That’s what they got lol. In 2018, a lot want the Nike Air and smooth heel. That’s a step up.

the white cement 4s were perfect... i had 2 pairs at one point but sold the double because i couldnt stand that they ran big... other than that i love them... its a shoe i can wear in the rain or snow and still flex without worrying if they will get dirty

I hope they use durabuck and not nubuck
Otherwise the raptor 4s could be what we'll get

Wore 2012’s the other day and was just looking at the material they used on em like “what the hell”. Need these to drop again with not only NA but durabuck. Part of me thinks we won’t get them next year though :smh:

I actually remember the shape being a topic of discussion actually. People wanted the correct III height and OG pics were posted numerous times with reference to the cement height and shape; it probably wasn't the main thing but it was talked about. Just saying.

Wore 2012’s the other day and was just looking at the material they used on em like “what the hell”. Need these to drop again with not only NA but durabuck. Part of me thinks we won’t get them next year though :smh:
Part of me thinks they will try to gimmick these also like WC3s this year if we do get them

Yes, stores are already buying these. These will drop in April.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom