Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I took a break after the infrared thread..

Back for the lulz on this drop..

Judging by the past few pages, it’s gon be a Lotta lulz :lol:
Yeah, got a feeling I’m gonna be adding a lot more names to the ignore list.:lol:

Edit: +1

Last edited:
The hell does women's harassment movement have to do with labeling :lol:

It's never going to be like it was in 1989 or 1999.

That's a fact and is what it is.

Either buy them....or don't. Someone else will buy your pair. Shoes back then had flaws too but we didn't care because we were kids.

Can't even tell what these are about to look like....But with the pics we've been seein over the past few pages of the 99's.....I'm bout to just buy a pair of those and invest in the sole swap process. The VI's are the perfect example of why, as we're starting to express....But those had such high hopes and as the withholding of pictures persisted.....and no one had them in hand until late -- It seemed as though Nike/JB were keeping them under wraps because though they can be seen as a decent retro.....they still fell short of what they could have been. and Nike/JB knew it.

The 99 IV probably my overall grail. Of all the sneakers I've owned and let go of...and having NEVER owned ANY of the Black/Cement retro IV (Because they were far from the 99)....I have really high hopes for this release.

And having gone through the VI dilemma, purchasing a pair and then sitting on them for a while with little-to-no desire to wear them....These are shaping up to be the saaaaaaaaaame way. And I don't like that feeling.

It's never going to be like it was in 1989 or 1999.

That's a fact and is what it is.

Either buy them....or don't. Someone else will buy your pair. Shoes back then had flaws too but we didn't care because we were kids.
This is such a defeatist refrain, and you're not alone in dishing it out every time the topic arises on NT, be it for 4s or 3s or 6s or any model. But some of us don't accept it.
First of all, you can't say it's a fact. You have no idea what Nike/Jordan might or might not do in the future. If they at any point for any reason want to make the shoes in a different form, they can. I firmly believe at some point, they will. It might be another 10 years or more, or less, or who knows. No one on an internet forum has any idea.
Second of all, if everyone who's into sneakers just sat back either silently or only ever said positive things about each release, THEN you could be sure "it's never going to be like it was." You think Nike, if no one had complained about the 2011 Concords etc, would have just elected out of the blue to make the 2018s so close to the OGs? Or to revise the infrareds? Or even to improve the 4s that--despite the complaints still--are certainly better than they were six or seven years ago when everyone complained nonstop about them? Nope.

Wait, so people are mad over the infrared 6s now?

8096346B-4630-4F49-9CC7-62194A7EFBC8.jpeg

^Same goes for Concords too. Though they were good....there were some details that Nike/JB elected to cut corners on. And they do this for the exact reason(s) that some of us choose to ignore; We will buy them in droves anyway....and if they give us what we want, they can't continue to make as much money.

Same concept as modern medicine and healthcare....There is less money in curing illness than there are Large profits in treating ill patients.

But one day, Nike will have to phase in the complete OG versions....cause MJ's legacy combined with Tinker and JB team designs will resonate less and less and young collectors won't even want J's as much. Even I's will be re-Remastered with taller heights and larger Swoosh's to get old heads to buy again. Only we'll be pushing 50+ and less interested anyway. LOL!

You better come on, Nike/JB/Gentry.

Go to the 7:10, & 8:41 mark in this vid....

rainking rainking & doublemesh96 doublemesh96

After this, you'll be FULLY convinced.

:lol:

:sick:
:rofl:
If that's how they really are, I'm out. Those look worse than the white cements. I don't need to spend $200 on a shoe I'm going to dislike every time I look at it. I didn't buy the black/cement IIIs for the same reason. Oh, and WTF kind of camera was that fool using, a 1980s Sony handycam?

:sick:
:rofl:
If that's how they really are, I'm out. Those look worse than the white cements. I don't need to spend $200 on a shoe I'm going to dislike every time I look at it. I didn't buy the black/cement IIIs for the same reason. Oh, and WTF kind of camera was that fool using, a 1980s Sony handycam?

Yeah man, that's the same thing I said. The first thing I did, was go to the HD settings. The video only goes up to 720p, but it looks like it's in 240p. Trash ALL around.

Back
Top Bottom