Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Man, this is so lame on Jordan Brands part. I guess I can see why they did it. But still C’mon Jordan Brand :smh:
I’ve come to accept people using that term on Niketalk when writing but when I hear people in real life call a pair of shoes “bread” I cringe. It just sounds so stupid IMO :lol:
You were reading my mind.

Because JB said it.. #BredIVs :nthat:

3E0B6828-3A98-4E04-AFC4-211F793C9BE0.jpeg

I'm with you Nelson. I remember my best friend coming to school with the Fire Red 3M's right after they came out and just losing my mind. I found out about the black/metallic pair and begged my mom for a month. Ended up talking her into it for basketball camp, so I could retire my Hot Lava Agassis. It wasn't til midway through the 6's cycle that I really started fiendin for the 4's again.

How lucky are so many of us on here to have been the age we were when these OG's came out? Particularly the III's to VI's. What times. :nthat:

Yeah I think they are just gonna combine all 3 stores into 1 app(account)
So instead of being able to go 3/3 and pickup 3 pairs
You can only pickup one
I guess you just have to create other accounts to be able to grab multiple pairs
I spoke to a manager at Foot Locker about this yesterday & he lite me know what’s the deal with this. As of now, they aren’t trying to combine all 3 foot apps, they’re combining your VIP accounts, so same pass, email, phone number for all 3 apps & doing away with coupons, so we’ll still be able to put in for what we want on individual apps, just underneath the same account. Instead of coupons. It’s not this 1 pair per account bs that’s floating around. We’ll receive points for purchases & they can go towards gift cards or whatever, so technically they’ll still act as a coupon. He said they’re testing it in certain Lady Foot Lockers right now & it’s still a ways off from happening. Take it with a grain of salt, just sharing was told to me.

How lucky are so many of us on here to have been the age we were when these OG's came out? Particularly the III's to VI's. What times. :nthat:

I think about this quite often. Still remember one of my friends coming to school during the 8's cycle with a brand new pair of Black/Cement 4's. Turned out his mom had bought he and his brother pairs in 89. My friend got the Fire Reds and beat them. I guess his brother went away to military school and never wore his pair. My friend was rooting around in his brother's closet, found them, and decided to wear them. I tried for MONTHS to buy them off him, but he wouldn't budge, then just stopped wearing them. Asked him about them like a year later and he was like oh man, my bad. Russ came home and found them, and started using them as his fishing shoes. My reaction...

ValidBabyishGreendarnerdragonfly-max-1mb.gif

Man, this is so lame on Jordan Brands part. I guess I can see why they did it. But still C’mon Jordan Brand :smh:
I’ve come to accept people using that term on Niketalk when writing but when I hear people in real life call a pair of shoes “bread” I cringe. It just sounds so stupid IMO :lol:

They called the OG Jordan 9's Space Jam this is what they do

I hope they do change the rewards system
It would be sweet if we could combine our purchases(rewards) into one gift card or something
There are way too many restrictions on the rewards right now and they expire way too fast
I shouldn’t hope they accept my rewards when picking up shoes
It should be automatic
They should be asking me if I have any rewards to use

Trying to get one more pair to stock on release date. Let’s all get W’s folks.

Last edited:

I agree with you as me being an old head
but Nike.has been using bred for a minute now and at this point bred is like the word hypebeast it’s been over used and now part of the so called “sneaker culture”

I guess my question is, why this shoe. All black and red jordans are being called breds nowadays. The black and cement are the stand out colors on this 4. What the hell they gonna do for the XI in December?

Which are more popular/in demand....BC3 or BC4? I think people generally like 3s better...for me it's the 4s. I recall back in the day when I got the 4s (i.e. "the newer Jordans) and saw people with 3s on (i.e. "last year's Jordans)...I thought they looked so lame and boring compared to the bigger heel tab, wings, mesh, and more stylized midsole on the 4s. I still think the 3s look so plain compared to the 4s.

That’s very true when these where new
people would look down on the years past Jordan’s in the 1990

I remember very clearly going into a ghetto Chinese takeout restaurant in the mid-1990s when the of 12s were brand new and these kids in the restaurant where laughing at me because I wore a pair of beat up aqua 8s

I remember them saying those are the Jordans from the 1920s and they all started laugh lol

I didn’t care I wore my OGS till they fell apart In fact I only copped the black based colorways from 3 to 10 I never had a OG high top 11
By 96-97 I got every single colorway of the 12s and 13s

Me I love the black/cement 3’s and black/red 4s
Their my top 2 personal favorite Jordan’s

Last edited:
That’s very true when these she’s where new people would look down and the years past Jordan’s in the 1990

I remember very clearly going into a ghetto Chinese takeout restaurant in the mid-1990s when the of 12s were brand new and these kids in the restaurant will laughing at me because I wore a pair of beat up aqua 8s

I remember them saying those are the Jordans from the 1920s and they all started laugh

I didn’t care I wore my OGS till they fell apart In fact I only copped the black based colorways

Me I love the black/cement 3’s and black/red 4s
Their my top 2 personal favorite Jordan’s
I went through that as well. "Last years J" was always looked down on. When I was younger, I always had those.:lol:

I guess my question is, why this shoe. All black and red jordans are being called breds nowadays. The black and cement are the stand out colors on this 4. What the hell they gonna do for the XI in December?
Im sayin doe. The last footlocker i went to for a raffle, i asked for the black cement 4. Young dude looked confused. Then i said the drop this Saturday, fool gonna tell me oh you mean the bred 4s?

I gave my man a stare that pierced his soul. Boy just gave me the raffle quivering his words.

Damn. Im turning into my grandpa on some get off my lawn ish. I aint got time for no foolishness.

Back
Top Bottom