Air Jordan IV - "Laser" 30th Anniversary 705333-105

I used to have an account on here that I created around 2002 but havent been active in about 10 years, so I decided to make another account after lurking again for the past few months. 

I'm 34 and I got out of collecting sneakers around 2006 because of the hype, the hassle in acquiring releases, and because I already had a decent collection.

About a year and a half ago I was at the mall and the fire red 5's were there, and I didnt even plan on purchasing any sneakers, but I decided to see if they had my size anyways.  I wanted a size 10, but they only had a 9.5, so I tried it and it fit so I bought it.  The quality was pretty bad, and although I liked the shoe, I still didnt start collecting again. 

Then this winter I saw the French Blue 7's sitting at the mall in my area, and I always wanted another pair, since I had already dogged out my 2002 pair over the years, so I went back in the store, asked if they had my size, and they did so I bought a pair. I actually have 2 pairs of French Blue's now because I found them again after that, and because I love them so much. 

Since copping those, despite the increase in price, and although still lacking in some respects, I've really enjoyed the remastered quality, so I started collecting again.

Here is a family photo of my laser collection.

Besides the allstar weekend, was March 21 the first time these white lasers released? Or did they release before

For all the folks saying these are sitting...if you see a size 14 let me know. I really want to double up.

I'm so conflicted whether to get this shoe or not.  I had no intention of buying it.  Then I walked into my local store last weekend and they said they basically have a full size run b/c they came in late (3 days after release).  The pair I looked at had a the face, the 2, 4, and a lot of other very cool detail.  However, the left shoe had some creases, bad stitching, and deformed wings.  For the price, I couldn't justify getting them. Also, generally, I don't like all white shoes, and the icy bottom will look like crap after one wear.

That said, if they let me mix and match pairs to get the proper quality, it's really a great shoe in terms of detail.  Very original and unique in my opinion.  If they still have this later this week, I may take another look.  Hmmm.....

I should also add that 4s are the first Jordan I ever owned in '89, and my absolute favorite shoe, so passing seems tragic, though I don't feel it's really that great, nor that wearable, particularly given the price....

Last edited:
I'm not sure where all you guys live, but these were gone in minutes. Only GS sizes remain... I had to pay €370,- for my pair shipped.

Dude 75 pages I was just seeing what people say lol I'm not trying to make this a where's waldo thing I just wanted to see a list from people

gimmick shoes IMO

#truestory

Fill us in on why they are gimmick shoes.

personally I don't like them making ridiculous colorways to classic models. I was born in 83 so the shoes I admire are the ones he wore on the court, so it even takes a lot for me to stomach a huge jumpman logo on the back of this particular model.

pair that with the quality of them being sub-par, and that is why you tend to see older guys step away from Jordan Brand and branch off into other Nike related products... don't get me wrong though, some models that release are a MUST (88's, royals, etc.)

Ridiculous cw? You realize theyve used laser before on AJ4 right?

And just because the older folks who were around when OGs were released (like me and plenty other folks in here) ALSO buy other Nike products doesnt mean they dont still like JB

Last edited:
Walked into my footaction today and the chick that works there, me and her were *******' around about shoes and she was like we have these(Laser 4s) in your size(sz 11) still. I was like gurl stop playing. Go get em. She brought em out and sure enough they did. Wasnt looking for em, wasnt too high on em, but I grabbed em. Glad my pass turned around tbh. I passed on em I'm glad i walked into that FA cause they're nice.

Back in OG days shoes were simply not as flashy as they are now.  The times were simply different.  Even BREDs and red AM1s were out there for their time.  I grew up in that era and have a respect for the OG colorways, which are still some of the best.  HOWEVER, I respect Nike for trying new colorways.  Some I like, some I don't.  They simply can't keep pumping out only OG colorways.  There's simply no reason not to explore new color blocking.  The attention to detail on these is really special, though I'm not sold on them yet in terms of the look and quality for the price.  I do believe people will look back at them years from now as a truly unique colorway.

Even though I grew up in the OG days, I actually think the jumpman on the back looks better (I know....start the ridiculing!).  It's sleeker, and makes the back look cleaner than that fat Nike Air.  Truth be told that Tinker either didn't think of it back then b/c the jordan brand wasn't yet established, or Nike execs said "no way", or he wanted to ensure the Nike brand was leveraged at that time.  No doubt he would have put the jumpman on it back then if the jordan brand was already established.  If you want the OG look, then you need NA on the back.  But just simply comparing (unbiased), I think the jumpman looks better.  If both versions of a given colorway were available at the same time, and for the same price, I would go for the jumpman...heh.  And I'll never sell my shoes, so I don't care about resell value.

i just got mine finally (the perks of being an overseas Sneakerhead
tired.gif

Dang, didn't think these were still sitting at places. Don't got any money rn but if they are still around next week I'm copping. Laser detail is pretty awesome. Will also purchase my first sole protectors for these.

Back
Top Bottom