Air Jordan Retro III (3) True Blue - August 2009 (SneakerFiles.com) ***[UPDATED 6/2]***

still hope to cop a size 11 soon...
nerd.gif

so this aint the what did i pick up today thread, yea i said it. further more shut this thread down going off path

Did both of your shoes come with the exact same leather? I have two pairs of true blues: one of them is perfect. The other pair has completely differentleather on each shoe. One of the shoes is SO much more tumbled than the other shoe. One of them has a smoother texture whereas the other shoe is more rough andtumbled. It is pretty obvious. Did anyone else who picked up a pair experience this problem? Do both of your shoes have the EXACT same leather or is one of theshoes slightly different in texture?

All I want to know is if these will release next year here in the States?
Someone said that here in this thread, is this confirmed?

^^^^^^^^^^ Gentry said in an interview with sneaker freaker that the tb3 are international only
that's why everyone is kicking themselves for not getting them earlier

Originally Posted by jamazing

Did both of your shoes come with the exact same leather? I have two pairs of true blues: one of them is perfect. The other pair has completely different leather on each shoe. One of the shoes is SO much more tumbled than the other shoe. One of them has a smoother texture whereas the other shoe is more rough and tumbled. It is pretty obvious. Did anyone else who picked up a pair experience this problem? Do both of your shoes have the EXACT same leather or is one of the shoes slightly different in texture?
If anyone who actually has a pair could let me know that would be great. If you could just take a look at your shoes, compare the difference andrespond back that'd be great.

^^^i Have 2 pairs also, but they both are pretty much exactly the same...funny thing is each pair had a shoe that had a slight crease on the toebox, nothingcrazy...

Psypha,

Thanks a lot for responding. So the shoes leather have the same texture on both pairs? One of my shoes is a little rougher whereas the other shoe is smoother.One of them has a slight crease in the toe box. So nothing really sticks out to you in terms of the differences of the leather? They both feel and look thesame?

It's ironic too. The first pair the guy sent me was really messed up so I decided to send them back for an exchange. It turns out that the second pair isworse.

This really sucks. I don't know if I should just exchange this pair AGAIN or just live with it even though the differences in texture for the leather isquite obvious. The first pair I have is immaculate. I don't know what to do with this second pair seeing as he already sent me this one as an exchange.

It's ironic too. The first pair the guy sent me was really messed up so I decided to send them back for an exchange. It turns out that the second pair is worse.

This really sucks. I don't know if I should just exchange this pair AGAIN or just live with it even though the differences in texture for the leather is quite obvious. The first pair I have is immaculate. I don't know what to do with this second pair seeing as he already sent me this one as an exchange.

in case you really want another pair..why not ask him for some actual pics of the shoes before sending it to you.
just my suggestion.
smile.gif

it is a buyer's right to get what their money is worth.

Jau014,

After he sent me that first defective pair, I made it a priority to ask him the condition of the second pair he was sending. He didn't send me anyformatted pictures that my computer could read. He just sent me the shoes immediately, and before I knew it, I got a second defective pair.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Has anyones midsole started to chip or crack yet?
yeah a dude posted it a couple pages back, 10 wears and it started cracking

Ive worn mine 3 times, and mine are fine so far, though you can see the compression creases in the midsole

Did both of your shoes come with the exact same leather? I have two pairs of true blues: one of them is perfect. The other pair has completely different leather on each shoe. One of the shoes is SO much more tumbled than the other shoe. One of them has a smoother texture whereas the other shoe is more rough and tumbled. It is pretty obvious. Did anyone else who picked up a pair experience this problem? Do both of your shoes have the EXACT same leather or is one of the shoes slightly different in texture?
If anyone who actually has a pair could let me know that would be great. If you could just take a look at your shoes, compare the difference and respond back that'd be great.

hey man...just saw your post...havent been on in a bit...anywho, ive had 8 pairs of the '09 TB release all from legit retail spots (FL, Champs) and canconfirm that on some of the pairs one side would have a smoother looking tumble leather...once worn though it levels out between the sides is what ive found

Thanks a lot for the info DCS23 I really appreciate it. Honestly, if the difference in tumble leather wasn't so obvious I'd just keep it. I tried toignore it, but the tumbled leather looks so bad that they almost look like two completely different shoes with two different materials. The tumbled leather onone of them is as tumbled as the metallic 1's. I don't mind the tumbled leather on the metallic 1's, but it just doesn't look like right whenone of your shoes is extremely tumbled and the other isn't, you know what I mean?

DCS23, you said you had 8 pairs. Were there any pairs that you had in which you noticed that one shoe was smooth and the other was very rough in texture? Yousaid one side was smoother. Were the other sides just a little less smooth or were they rough and really tumbled like mine? Most people have said that thetexture on each shoe was identical. Mine is far from that. Were there any that completely stuck out to you?

Psypha,

Thanks a lot for responding. So the shoes leather have the same texture on both pairs? One of my shoes is a little rougher whereas the other shoe is smoother. One of them has a slight crease in the toe box. So nothing really sticks out to you in terms of the differences of the leather? They both feel and look the same?

im gonna show you my shoes...

These are my DS pair...ive takin off flash to see creases and tumbled leather better...

Ive worn these once lightly...

Right DS Left worn Once flash on

hope this helps...

Thanks a lot for the pictures man. I appreciate it. Your shoes look real clean. One of my pairs looks like both of your pairs.

The best way I can describe my bad pair is this: If you look at the right shoe in the first picture and the shoe in the 3rd photo, it looks like that but thetumbled leather is 3x more tumbled. All of your shoes are tumbled but not to the extent where it jumps out at you. That's the best way I can describe it. Idon't want my true blues to look so tumbled that they look like a lizard.

Thanks for the photos dude; excellent shots of an excellent shoe. I hope I can get another pair like the ones you have.

Back
Top Bottom