Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

its crazy because at the end of last year with blog sites saying '13 is the year of the 5 and showing all the different releases all you heard was people whining about how they wanted the 23 on the side of different releases ... but in here i hear people not wanting the 23 ... personally its just a number doesnt make or break the shoe to me ... these will be had (hopefully)

I'm a size 12 and I got a 12 in the Grapes. They fit big on me so if I had to do it again, I would definitely get an 11.5 for a more snug fit. The 12 is bearable though. Hope this helps!
cool thanks @sneak3rgeek3r & @PriceBoy00 .. gonna go .5 size down and grab me an 11.5

Like I said before these are incomplete without the #23

The OG font would've looked better on the 23 ... Hopefully JB goes back to using it in the future :rolleyes AND starts using good material on the netting like on the OG. How is the sole yellow but the netting isn't :smh:

jordan_og_pe_v.jpg

air-jordan-v-limited-issue-1-of-100-autographed-michael-jordan-pe-12-570x427.jpg

air-jordan-v-fire-red-og-00.jpg

I would rather have that nike air on them than the 23 5's are incomplete without the Nike Air log

Last edited:
Is the leather still rock-stiff like the other FR 5 from this year?
Probably. I don't mind it that much but I don't think JB would change the quality of leather on this. I think they should've done it for the grapes but this release is nothing special its just a GR

It seems as if every time a retro drops, the previous looks better. Jordans take longer to break in now it seems as well.

complaining about the 23 on the side of this model is equivalent to complaining about the elephant print on the fire red 3's set to release this weekend.

grin.gif

those are 2000 samples.
isn't  this the black tongue thread, if so why am i seeing pics of a shoe (Laney's) that doesn't pertain to the thread, come on

I put it here because people were discussing the 23 on the fire reds but obviously u didn't read just replying to every thread :rolleyes

I was showing a picture of how better the Jordan 5 model looks with the OG 23 font n a jumpman on the back

complaining about the 23 on the side of this model is equivalent to complaining about the elephant print on the fire red 3's set to release this weekend.

>D

Never been a fan of the 3's except for the true blues so it is what it is

Love the black tongue fire reds regardless of the 23 they used but I prefer the OG style font better

Last edited:
^
with the print, i see what you mean

but the shirt originally came out in 1990 with the 5s
if you look close, the 'air jordan' lettering is aj5 style font...& the use of 23 so big on the shirt goes with how the fire red 5 has it on the side (as well as mj's pe's)

Yeah, I just thought it would go with a pair of WC III's nicely either way its a dope shirt. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom