Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Soon...

felxbar.gif

90s was that golden era for everything hip hop/sports related.

AMEN.

Glad to look back and relish upon the great memories and times (personally and in the world)

Anyway, I much prefer character of yellowing soles now a days to blue icy sole EVERYTHING. oh well, still a great sneaker.

Glad I got the 3s out of the way. These and possibly the taxi 12s and I should be done with JB for the year.

Ready for the 6s next year :smokin. But not the $170 price tag :smh:

^ the 5's and Taxis will be my last JB pick up. Aiming for the Gloves in October and Air Missions in December. Then 2014 the Black Infrared, will pass on all other JB releases unless they drop the Black/red 12's with leather.

^ the 5's and Taxis will be my last JB pick up. Aiming for the Gloves in October and Air Missions in December. Then 2014 the Black Infrared, will pass on all other JB releases unless they drop the Black/red 12's with leather.
I see myself copping the same things fam but I'm copping the laneys as well. And I have heard the rumors for the black infrareds all I need to see is a pic and I will be happy to see them rereleasing. But those "Flu Game" XIIs were terrible :smh: we need a proper retro of those black/red XIIs soon! They should've planned that release rather than those Cool Grey XIIs

Showed that restraint and took the 3s out the of cart on NDC. Waiting for these and that's it for August.

since they came out the same year they should fit the same
grin.gif
Well, the Fire Red 3's that dropped today fit better than all other 3's that came out this year, so I think it's possible JB may have corrected a sizing issue with these Fire Red 5's. 

I'm always scared to size 0.5 down due to fear of toe-crushing.  It's a shame it's not like the good ole days when we could go in comfortably and try on some shoes before deciding.

Does the extra little bit of roominess make a huge difference in terms of creasing with this stiff type of leather?  It seems it would do whatever it's going to do regardless of size.

Glad I got the 3s out of the way. These and possibly the taxi 12s and I should be done with JB for the year.

Ready for the 6s next year
smokin.gif
. But not the $170 price tag
mean.gif
yup the 3s are my last until the taxi 12s come out because I doubt I will land a pair of the black/red 1s if they release especially with NA.

Yeah I'd like to see a proper retro of those 12s as well.

Well, the Fire Red 3's that dropped today fit better than all other 3's that came out this year, so I think it's possible JB may have corrected a sizing issue with these Fire Red 5's. 

I'm always scared to size 0.5 down due to fear of toe-crushing.  It's a shame it's not like the good ole days when we could go in comfortably and try on some shoes before deciding.

Does the extra little bit of roominess make a huge difference in terms of creasing with this stiff type of leather?  It seems it would do whatever it's going to do regardless of size.

I bought the 3m pair earlier this year.
People keep saying the leather is extra tough and hard to crease but I sized down and still had some toe room. at about the 5th time wearing and I got creases on the side of the toe box.

I bought the 3m pair earlier this year.
People keep saying the leather is extra tough and hard to crease but I sized down and still had some toe room. at about the 5th time wearing and I got creases on the side of the toe box.
Sized 0.5 down and there was still toe room?  Wow, so maybe we're supposed to go a full size down for V's.  I went TTS for my Grapes, and I hate how much space I was left with.

I think the side of the toe box is inevitably going to crease no matter what.  Sizing down seems to help more for the top of the toe box.

Too many shoes coming out, wish these released later in the year. Undecided as of right now.

complaining about the 23 on the side of this model is equivalent to complaining about the elephant print on the fire red 3's set to release this weekend.

grin.gif
OG 23 Print or pass

Last edited:
I can see the no 3m no cop for the 13s but lately I see ppl passing for the smallest things. No red pull tab on the 8s as if you can't easily change that or as if you can see if it with the pants over it. The elephant print on the 3s not even going touch on that anymore, and the 23 "font" really? And people not wanting a 23 at all I don't get it. But to each is own

A lot People hating on the 23 now. Guess that's more size for me to try. Hopefully it'll be like the fire red III where people don't want it.

Good I hope everyone passes, just makes it easer for me to get my pair. But you know most of these cats saying they will pass will be the same people copping on RD.

I can see the no 3m no cop for the 13s but lately I see ppl passing for the smallest things. No red pull tab on the 8s as if you can't easily change that or as if you can see if it with the pants over it. The elephant print on the 3s not even going touch on that anymore, and the 23 "font" really? And people not wanting a 23 at all I don't get it. But to each is own
Exactly like anyone is gonna pay attention to the font of two number son the side of a shoe. If it bothers people that much then I hope they really don't cop because everyone complains and no one can ever be satisfied. I buy shoes by how good the shoe looks for me. Like with the lack of 3m on the 13s I wasn't one of the people too complain because its basically an accessory to the shoe but just be happy to cop and rock them

Would love for this one to be as easy to obtain as the Fire Red 3s.

Is this still slated for the 31st?

Nothing on Nike's calendar yet, but of course that can change at any given moment:

http://insider.nike.com/us/calendar/
Yeah the 3s from this last weekend were an easy cop but I think these may be one of the more popular fire red colorways for a JB shoe, so I don't see these being as easy as the 3s. Hopefully it will still be an easy cop.

As far as I know, August 31st is the supposed release date for these. That's going by the unlaced app which is almost always accurate when it comes to dates. Other places like nicekicks and kicks on fire have these for the 31st as well.

Nike always waits until the last minute to add Retros to their release calendar.

Doubt these will be that hard to get, hype so far hasn't been that big yet. Wouldn't surprise me if Jordan brand made a ton of these.

Back
Top Bottom