Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

damn i think these are going to take all of the spotlight from the shaq attack
smile.gif
i hope so because i already got these. maybe i can swap the shaq attacks for that og colorway.

I'm definitely coppin but I hear they changed up the sizing with the 2013 release because a lot of people were going a half size down with grape 5's.
Where'd you hear this?

I was speculating that's what would happen given their change to the midsole paint and sizing for the Fire Red 3.

Last edited:
I'm definitely coppin but I hear they changed up the sizing with the 2013 release because a lot of people were going a half size down with grape 5's.
as in the sizing will be different from the grapes?? I definitely had to go half a size down with the grapes, you think they'll make these TTS?

For all you guys that have the 06 pair how good have they held up? And how often do you wear them? I see some of you guys with the 06 pair and they look in really good condition
My 06 pair is in amazing shape still. I wear them maybe 5 times a year? Last picture I took of them, maybe 6 months ago. They're in such good shape I'm not going to even bother with this release.

How you keep them so icy?  Dang.
The soles do have some yellowing, but that's to be expected. Actually I think the right shoe has a tiny bit of yellow tint on the mesh so I won't claim they are 100% icy. That's probably due to how I have them in the box with the right shoe mesh facing the top of the box. I just keep them in the box with a silica packet, nothing special.

might just go to the store for these.... nowadays seems like its more easier to do that than wait online lol

My 06 pair is in amazing shape still. I wear them maybe 5 times a year? Last picture I took of them, maybe 6 months ago. They're in such good shape I'm not going to even bother with this release.
fam your joints are more icy than my fire red 3Ms I got this January ...

What I don't get is why ask for the og nike air but then say you don't want a 23 lol

Exactly they want the "OG" model but then wanna change something ... Well then it's not OG ... Call it the modified OGs lol

I don't get it

Exactly they want the "OG" model but then wanna change something ... Well then it's not OG ... Call it the modified OGs lol

I don't get it
Because these people don't know anything about the shoe :tongue: lol that's the easiest way to put it. I don't mind the 23 on older releases that were OG cws and I don't mind them trying to keep it OG either I'm indifferent to the 23

I used to hate the 23, but grew to not care. I realized it didn't look as bad as I thought on the fire red 2006's. Maybe it's because of how often JB has disappointed me as a consumer.

But if there is one colorway that should have the 23 it's these, seeing as how they were the only OG colorway that released with it. The real complaint should be why they REFUSE to use the original font :smh:

Unless they are saving it for the "retro 5 OG 90" :rolleyes

Last edited:
How would y'all know if it looks better if y'all never seen a model of this shoe without it? I'm sure if it wasn't there ppl would complain too can't keep everyone happy but mind as well keep the shoe the same

Back
Top Bottom