Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

a store in manhattan that chargers way over box is only charging $20.00 over for these

i though the fire reds sold better

Man I am having the most difficult time trying to find a pair of 3M fire reds. Searched eBay Craigslist and amazon. I looked in the forums for them and no luck.. If you kno anything pm me plz, thanks in advance.

I have it but most likely not in your size. No one want to buy it for some reason lol.

As we have seen time and time again, Fire Red anything is pretty easy to cop. White/red colorways aren't as hot as other ones. Lesson learned, I hope.
They didn't sit like most fire red colorways, so no lesson learned. These were def harder than the FR 3s. Not super hard, but def not as easy. Fire red colorways aren't the only ones that "sit".
I didn't say they would sit. I said they would be easy to get. I saw some at Champs two days ago.

These things are butter :smokin :smokin :smokin

Damn man if I miss out on any other releases this year I won't even be mad :D

4f2a7654_image.jpeg

Last edited:
lol my pair came. the craftmanship on my pair is pretty good. only a tiny white dot on the rear black part of the midsole...which a sharpie should help

Now what the hell is up with the leather??
laugh.gif
mind you i havent bought a white leather jordan retro since probably 7 years... The leather is worse than my flight 89 retro. and it smells like a roll of tape
laugh.gif

with that said im completely satisfied. kinda bummed the lacelocks dont have nike on them but eh i probably wont use um anyways

and did anybody ever get the official reason why there is tissue around the tongue of the shoe? got my shoes looking like they ready to chow down on some kfc...

my last 6 shoe buys have been perfect. shaqnosis, shaq attaq, olympic fila hill 2 and all star hill 2, toro iv, and now black tongue v... shutting it down til the taxis
laugh.gif
It's a shame that I just had to go to google to find out that these retroed last month. Gotta get these. I'm not even worried about the upcoming Jordan releases until I at least get the Navy pair. Easily one of the most underrated sigs ever.

Last edited:
These things are butter :smokin :smokin :smokin

Damn man if I miss out on any other releases this year I won't even be mad :D

Agreed, I think they came out nice. I had lil uneven paint and glue but not even complaining. It's a fresh shoe.. The sizing still needs some help tho. Even after sizing down .5 they are big, but think ill try insoles. :wink:

Last edited:
Just got mine in the mail. They look great but disappointed to see a paint chip on the shark teeth. Gonna have to hit that with a sharpie

Mine came in today and had a few small flaws, but it doesn't bother me any. It's not like people are gonna be checking my shoes out with a magnifying glass to see the flaws.

Flaws or no flaws, they will wear out and eventually be flawed...by me.

Onto the Bel Air V's :pimp:

Mine came in today and had a few small flaws, but it doesn't bother me any. It's not like people are gonna be checking my shoes out with a magnifying glass to see the flaws.

Flaws or no flaws, they will wear out and eventually be flawed...by me.

Onto the Bel Air V's
pimp.gif
i never have issues with the quality of my shoes. I do feed into the people who do their own quality checks by performing my own 
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Btw quise2024,
Care to check both feet of your black grapes?Mine came through just this afternoon and only the right foot got the "Twenty Thirteen" insignia. The left foot's got nothing; though I'll go check again for good measure. And I compared with my '12 Fire-Red (which got the insignia on both feet mind you) and that of the grapes appears much smoother.
I kid you not. Thanks in advance.

Btw quise2024,
Care to check both feet of your black grapes?Mine came through just this afternoon and only the right foot got the "Twenty Thirteen" insignia. The left foot's got nothing; though I'll go check again for good measure. And I compared with my '12 Fire-Red (which got the insignia on both feet mind you) and that of the grapes appears much smoother.
I kid you not. Thanks in advance.
Might want to check them again. I felt on both feet and the "TwentyThirteen" is on the outside of the tongue on the left and right shoe

I bought these the day they released at local footlocker and the quality on mine is overall pretty really happy with these probably my favorite retro. what little flaws i do see dont bother me much because i plan on wearing these so will get beat up either way.

Might want to check them again. I felt on both feet and the "TwentyThirteen" is on the outside of the tongue on the left and right shoe
Rechecked and I can definitely confirm that I've been had. No etching and the left shoe and that on the right shoe is barely even visible.
I'd take some pics but I'm just too damn pissed right now.

Rechecked and I can definitely confirm that I've been had. No etching and the left shoe and that on the right shoe is barely even visible.
I'd take some pics but I'm just too damn pissed right now.
mean.gif
 damn sorry to hear that man. When you get a chance snap a few pics of the shoe in general and then of the tongues

All the recent pics of the earlier release from this year has me contemplating grabbing them. I passed on release day.

THIS

I passed too, they just seemed too plain for me but these pics yall are posting making me wish i would have got them. Im still gonna hold out though since its a break in releases i need to take advantage and calm down from all this spending haha. Maybe ill come across a deal on them later down the road
EDIT

been eyeing a pair all day .. reached an agreement

scored a pair of 3M FR 5s for $178 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom