Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

OG CW with NA is pretty much an auto cop for me at this point, but I've never been a big fan of these. When these came out in 1990 I picked the Black Metallics over them and then somehow talked my mom in to getting me a pair of the Fire Reds with black tongue when those came out. The black tongue pair has always been my favorite V.. when they released with the 23 stitched on the side I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Need those with NA ASAP.

That being said, it will be nice to add these to the collection in a few months.

OG CW with NA is pretty much an auto cop for me at this point, but I've never been a big fan of these. When these came out in 1990 I picked the Black Metallics over them and then somehow talked my mom in to getting me a pair of the Fire Reds with black tongue when those came out. The black tongue pair has always been my favorite V.. when they released with the 23 stitched on the side I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Need those with NA ASAP.

That being said, it will be nice to add these to the collection in a few months.
Yeah I'd rather have the black tongues. Always felt the 3m whites were boring.

Really wish the Black Metallics didn't have that satin tongue last go. Made me pass.

That "satin" tongue on the 2016 pair definitely feels odd compared to how I remember the OG tongue. But I don't have my OG's anymore to compare it to, so I can't say for sure. I would imagine that these will be exactly the same.

Yeah I'd rather have the black tongues. Always felt the 3m whites were boring.

Really wish the Black Metallics didn't have that satin tongue last go. Made me pass.

I agree with y'all 1000%. I like the black tongues more, but the 3M's are ULTRA flames, in their own right. As I've said before... There is NO wack OG V colorway.

Even both of these were flames, IMHO...

air-jordan-5-pre-grape-original-sample.png
air-jordan-5-black-university-red-1.jpg

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

I just wish that the retros, had the OG durabuck, and Nike branding. I'm still gonna pick em both up, in the future tho...

Frig. Now I have to get the pre-grapes M marztharealist :ohwell:

Hell yeah man. I've been wanting a pair of em both, since they dropped. I've just been copping a lot of older J's from the early to mid 2000's, Vandals, and other older Nike Retros. I also have all of these outstanding medical, and credit card bills. I REALLY have to choose wisely on what I cop, nowadays.

I'm praying I don't have to go through the BS for the DMP 6's, that I'm going through with the Playoff 11's. If I strike out on em, I'm just copping of StockX. I don't really want to go through them, but **** it.

The Top 3s turned out fire.. I’m almost as excited for these now as the fire reds. I’m impressed.
A2E87B63-A12A-4961-A895-6F318A682F43.jpeg

I'm feeling these heavily, but I know that's just because I can't see the Grape 5 tongue. :lol: If this colorway was just like this, except they had the Black tongues, I'd triple up with the quickness!!! I know JB,/Gentry will screw these up, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom