Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Anyone have to exact release dates from 1990 for these and the Metallics? Not just February 1990, but the specific date?

did jordans have a specific release day back then, or was it just put it on display whenever the store receives the shoes?

are these legit?

EFD553E5-BDCA-48EC-B9BE-4E9AF6EF06ED.jpeg
012115C1-4A23-4B6B-BD1B-02E4B1370816.jpeg
26B57762-FD04-4149-8301-7BDF42DB3287.jpeg
8D468F85-ECF3-4E2C-BC5B-D9F38BDE2CF9.jpeg
C4156AD3-7901-4420-B8AC-D43F6ED55D00.jpeg

That excited me, too. As sad as that may sound, it's important if you are going for the full OG experience. Just wish they had started doing that earlier...

I'm not that excited because they basically gave us the OG box long ago.. it just has OG NA branding now which is 100% better but its kind of like you said, they should've done this when the OG box style started for VI's. As long as its not in the generic JB box and the shoes come correct I'm happy.

I decided a while back that I would try to stop doubling up on shoes because I already barely wear a lot of them. But damn, the 5s are my favorite model and these are looking 🔥.

while I totally agree some shoes for me are classic and need double ups cuz u don't know if you will mess them up and they might not release anytime soon.... kinda salty I sold my double up of white cement 4s and returned my black metallic 5s... it's rare though for me to double up... 1 pair of these is good enough... I still have my 2013 pair I barely wear

The gold tongue 5s that released a few years back didn't have shiny leather so I doubt these will have it. Until we get pics from someone like fineline, some celebs or JB themselves I'm taking what I see with a grain of salt.

I am not a fan of shiny leather. I'm surprised no one has done early reviews of these.

Yeah, I love these and remember the day I got them in 1990. But I haven’t seen one pic yet that looks great. Shiny leather, weird stitching on the upper that looks too pronounced to me. I’m gonna get one pair since my OG pair was the only one I’ve ever had of this shoe, and I’m too old to wait another however many years. But my enthusiasm from what we’ve seen so far is probably a 4-5 out of 10. I hope all these pics to date are of crappy fakes. But after the black/cement IVs, I’m not expecting much better from retail pairs.

Back
Top Bottom