Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Can't lie, these don't look good. My favorite 5s and I was looking forward to these but if they're really gonna release looking like a 06 retro then I'm gonna skip. I still have my 2000 for the look and CDP if I wanna wear a bad retro.

I’m enjoying hearing everyone’s doubts. More pairs for me.

FD225F15-FB1C-468F-BA22-F5F062676ED7.jpeg

The Silver tongue and Black Metallic released on the same day. It was like February 5th or close to it.
They did not release on the same date. Jordan alternated the release of the black and white pair. With the IV's the black ones released first and then the white. With the V's the white ones came out and then the black ones. They did not release on the same date. I was in 8th grade when these shoes came out.

And Jordans also came out in the Fall. Feburary was always the time the alternatives came out around the All-Star break.

They did not release on the same date. Jordan alternated the release of the black and white pair. With the IV's the black ones released first and then the white. With the V's the white ones came out and then the black ones. They did not release on the same date. I was in 8th grade when these shoes came out.

And Jordans also came out in the Fall. Feburary was always the time the alternatives came out around the All-Star break.

Jordans did not start coming out in the Fall until the 9’s came out. This much I remember for certain.

They certainly did come out the same day. I was actually there buddy. Dont need a internet search for that

I’ll probably settle on 5. Who knows how quality will be either - glue stains, etc. I’m not worried about the leather honestly.

Probably two for more. That’s usually the case of an OG Jordan with Nike Air.

Also, pretty much any leather can surpass the 2013 pairs. To be real, I don’t think it was really leather. I mean who could wear that shoe for more than 1 hour without their feet hurting?

A good year too with the grape V but same “leather” used and same experience.

The Silver tongue and Black Metallic released on the same day. It was like February 5th or close to it.

Jordan 3,4,5 and six were released on All-Star weekend. Some stores put them out on Friday and some on Saturday. The commercials with Spike Lee would also debut All Star Weekend.

Jordan 3,4,5 and six were released on All-Star weekend. Some stores put them out on Friday and some on Saturday. The commercials with Spike Lee would also debut All Star Weekend.

it was February 11, my date was off by a little but I do know 2 pairs came out the same day

Yea 3,4,5,6 all came out around all start break as that is when he would debut the Black colorway at the all star game, my first pair was the Black Cement IV's , that was the best pair of shoes I ever had and got them with my birthday money on May 3rd. It goes to show that they didnt sell out right away. So wished I could have afforded both the White Cement as well. Just seeing the Mars commercials and seeing how awesome the IV's were was amazing. They are so slick looking. These V's were my 2nd pair and same thing got them for my birthday the following year. Also intersting is how the IV's 1999 and V's 2000 retro's were almost identical to the 89 release except for the White Cements's, but the other 3 were on point, which goes to show they can get the shoes where they need to be, but just refuse.

Nope! White and black 3-8 all came out during all-star weekend. The alternate of each came out fall of filling season. Am I sure? YUP! Was at Footlocker when the black 6s were out before the game in Charlotte in '91 on that Saturday.

The Carmines (alternate shoe for opening of season) were on the shelves when 9th grade started (Sept '91). Mom took me to Modells to get my shoes a few months later for basketball. Had the choice between the Black/Infrared (on sale) or the Carmines (not on sale). Bought the Infrareds as it was my 2nd pair of them. Always regret not getting the Carmine's back then. It's why a Carmine NA release is SO special and meaningful to me!

Nope! White and black 3-8 all came out during all-star weekend. The alternate of each came out fall of filling season. Am I sure? YUP! Was at Footlocker when the black 6s were out before the game in Charlotte in '91 on that Saturday.

The Carmines (alternate shoe for opening of season) were on the shelves when 9th grade started (Sept '91). Mom took me to Modells to get my shoes a few months later for basketball. Had the choice between the Black/Infrared (on sale) or the Carmines (not on sale). Bought the Infrareds as it was my 2nd pair of them. Always regret not getting the Carmine's back then. It's why a Carmine NA release is SO special and meaningful to me!
Interesting to see these conflicting memories of how Jordans released. Maybe it depended on the area or certain stores. In metro Detroit where I lived all through HS, I specifically remember for the V and VI release, we all waited for the commercial during All-Star weekend, and then they released the following week or the week after. I know because I would call my go-to Footlocker and they would tell me the day, and it was not on actual All-Star weekend. In terms of colorways for the VI, for example, I specifically remember in my area that the black/red released first. I know this because I wanted the white/red, but I also wanted to have the new Jordan asap, so I took the only colorway on shelves in my area, and that was the black/red. Like I said, interesting.

The Infrared 6 was my first Jordan but I do remember that Nike typically released a black Jordan and white Jordan on the same day somewhere in February. I specifically remember the Bordeaux and Hare 7’s releasing same day in Feb 92’. I assume the black/white Infra 6’s were the same in most areas, as was the Bugs Bunny and Aqua 8’s in February 93’. Things began to change when the white/black 9’s dropped in November 1993.

The Infrared 6 was my first Jordan but I do remember that Nike typically released a black Jordan and white Jordan on the same day somewhere in February. I specifically remember the Bordeaux and Hare 7’s releasing same day in Feb 92’. I assume the black/white Infra 6’s were the same in most areas, as was the Bugs Bunny and Aqua 8’s in February 93’. Things began to change when the white/black 9’s dropped in November 1993.
I don't assume anything after 30 years LOL. I DO remember the 8s for sure, and possibly the 7s, changing it up and debuting with a Super Bowl commercial and a release days after, not an All-Star weekend commercial. And as you said, then the 9s went completely off-script from what had been the norm for years.

These look like theyll have the same leather as the White Cement 4s, which is a update over the white durabuck originally used on the white cement and white 3m 5s.

Back
Top Bottom