Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

tumblr_n5qspnTyWk1rvekoro1_400.gif

This will shock spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour but I am only buying one pair of these. I love them, were my second-ever Jordan when the OGs dropped. I don't even mind yellow soles anymore, but the fact Nike can't make the mesh panels not yellow even sitting in the closet makes me feel like there's no sense even bothering trying to keep a fresh pair on ice. I won't wear the one par enough for it to make any sense LOL
I am skeptical.

My least favorite OG CW 7. Don’t hate them but don’t love them either.
Thats fair. The Cards are right behind the Playoffs as far as my fav 7s. For some reason, minus the 3m tongue, Cards and these are similar to me.

We will see. You’re not going to fool me again.

I may pass on these.
When did I say I was only buying one of something and then buy more LOL
I might've said I was only buying two of something and then bought three or four :rofl:
These ... I need to get a pair just because. I love this and the black/metallic OG colorways but something still is off with them. The early pics don't do much to mitigate my lukewarm expectations. Hell, I passed completely on the last black/metallic retro and I never thought I'd do that. But they just didn't give me the old feeling. I've got gift cards in reserve so buying the fire reds will cost me nothing, at least.
I did however just say eff it and buy a fourth pair of Kobe Chaos from StockX. Pondering selling my extra pair of Protro 1 Final Seconds, which would make it basically almost a straight swap. Not sure I can do it, though. I never should have listened to you and should have bought that fourth pair of Chaos in the first damn place :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
If nothing else, I think I now might pass on the flints to lessen the blow. Realistically I'd probably barely ever wear those.

Black/Cement 3’s and 4’s > White/ Cement 3’s and 4’s

And while I acknowledge how iconic Black 5’s and Black 6’s are, for me personally

White (3m tongue) 5’s and White(inf) 6’s > Black 5’s and Black 6’s

I'm kinda like that too. I think white colored 5's and 6's look way better than the black one's.

I have had trust issues with the last few v releases. Black metallics are one of my favs of all time but the netting yellowed within 2 years. I have yet to wear them 5 times, so to see the sole be super icy blue scares me a little.

When did I say I was only buying one of something and then buy more LOL
I might've said I was only buying two of something and then bought three or four :rofl:
These ... I need to get a pair just because. I love this and the black/metallic OG colorways but something still is off with them. The early pics don't do much to mitigate my lukewarm expectations. Hell, I passed completely on the last black/metallic retro and I never thought I'd do that. But they just didn't give me the old feeling. I've got gift cards in reserve so buying the fire reds will cost me nothing, at least.
I did however just say eff it and buy a fourth pair of Kobe Chaos from StockX. Pondering selling my extra pair of Protro 1 Final Seconds, which would make it basically almost a straight swap. Not sure I can do it, though. I never should have listened to you and should have bought that fourth pair of Chaos in the first damn place :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
If nothing else, I think I now might pass on the flints to lessen the blow. Realistically I'd probably barely ever wear those.
You didn’t, I made it up in my head. :rofl:

Sell your Final Second’s? Now that would be flat out crazy. That shoe is a classic and who knows if or when it will be retroed again. It’s Kobe gold.

Haha, a fourth pair of Kobe Chaos. You won’t even get to your third pair! StockX thanks you for your business though. One thing about you, you sure do hoard the shoes you love. :lol:

I still need to see more pics and videos on these to make a final decision. I’m on the fence.

You didn’t, I made it up in my head. :rofl:

Sell your Final Second’s? Now that would be flat out crazy. That shoe is a classic and who knows if or when it will be retroed again. It’s Kobe gold.

Haha, a fourth pair of Kobe Chaos. You won’t even get to your third pair! StockX thanks you for your business though. One thing about you, you sure do hoard the shoes you love. :lol:

I still need to see more pics and videos on these to make a final decision. I’m on the fence.
:lol:
You got me there.
Well, I straight ran three pairs of OG Chaos into the ground so it IS possible LOL. I’m wearing pair 1 of the new ones all over already. It’s easily my favorite Kobe, and it’s not exactly the most durable shoe. But you’re definitely right about the Final Seconds 1s. I came to my senses, I’m not selling them. Back to these Jordan Vs ... totally agree. I’m getting them unless they are just utter garbage (especially since I have these GCs) but I am not expecting to be wowed. Hopefully we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I don’t think 2’s would ever be made that way (OG) again ever,SMH. 94’s were a great remake prob the best so far to me!!

IMO - MJ wore the AJ5 in his last great dunking year.

By the time he won his first ring the following season in the AJ6,
he had noticeably started to loose his hops & develop his all around game.

Back
Top Bottom