Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

SNKRS pair finally came in. So glad I went .5 size down.

These are on par with early 2000's JB retros IMO in terms of feel and look. So good.

20200513_145819.jpg
20200513_145812.jpg
20200513_145802.jpg
20200513_145752.jpg
20200513_145737.jpg

Goat is on bullcrap. They recieved my extra pair last Friday and they still haven't been "authenticated"

I've sold 3 pairs on GOAT since this pandemic began, took a loooong time for them to authenticate. Before this, my shoes were authenticated and paid out usually the same day of delivery, but the 3 most recent pairs took about 2 weeks. I had one pair take over a month before I got paid out.

The problem with buying several pairs of the same Jordans is by the time you get to the 4th and 5th pairs is that they start to become unwearable due to age, be it by yellowing, sole separation, or soles crumbling.
The other problem is, just having too many shoes you like to wear LOL. If I only had 20 or 30 pairs total, and 10 were Concords, I'd be all about it. What happens to me and I'm sure a lot of others is, even with my favorite one or three shoes, I also have loads more that I love. I wear one for a while and the whole time I think, damn, I should've bought even more of these. But then I switch to something else and it starts all over again. And then I switch again and the same thing :lol:
Like just for a partial example: I have four Concords, four Protro Chaos, two black/red 11s, three navy snake low 11s, two '16 Space Jams, two fire red Vs from just now ... when am I going to wear all of this to the point I go through all of these as is? And that's not even a quarter of what's in my closet LOL. Obviously I'm far from alone here on this ...
And yet, I STILL wish I had bought at least one or two more Concords :smh:

The other problem is, just having too many shoes you like to wear LOL. If I only had 20 or 30 pairs total, and 10 were Concords, I'd be all about it. What happens to me and I'm sure a lot of others is, even with my favorite one or three shoes, I also have loads more that I love. I wear one for a while and the whole time I think, damn, I should've bought even more of these. But then I switch to something else and it starts all over again. And then I switch again and the same thing :lol:
Like just for a partial example: I have four Concords, four Protro Chaos, two black/red 11s, three navy snake low 11s, two '16 Space Jams, two fire red Vs from just now ... when am I going to wear all of this to the point I go through all of these as is? And that's not even a quarter of what's in my closet LOL. Obviously I'm far from alone here on this ...

This...100%! That's why I don't buy more than one of anything; even grails. Only shoe I would consider doubling up on are the Air Trainer 3 OG Navy. Since that hasn't retroed since 2001...if it ever does, I'd probably grab 2. But with all these Jordans I know will retro again long before the pair I have wears out. More than likely I'd end up with a double-up from different releases for some classics where the new one is worth buying (ex. improvement of the '19 Black Infrared 6 over the '14). It takes forever to sell used shoes, so I just keep them and hope my son will wear them someday.

Goat is on bullcrap. They recieved my extra pair last Friday and they still haven't been "authenticated"
Goat is probably the last place I would order from right now. I ordered a pair of shoes at the end of March and it took them 6 days to verify and ship my shoes. I believe they closed one of their warehouses.

If I was a character in a cartoon show or something, these sneakers would be a part of my repeating outfit... So I bought four pairs to wear for my character arch. Any more is overkill for me. lol.

Also, isn't that Michael Schumacher in your picture? Its nice seeing another Formula 1 fan here.

The problem with buying several pairs of the same Jordans is by the time you get to the 4th and 5th pairs is that they start to become unwearable due to age, be it by yellowing, sole separation, or soles crumbling.

I had 3 pairs of the black metallics. 1 pair I ended up getting rid of since they became unwearable through so much use. Another pair is my current outside pair. And my last is just a pair I wear to workout and just generally wear.

Goat is probably the last place I would order from right now. I ordered a pair of shoes at the end of March and it took them 6 days to verify and ship my shoes. I believe they closed one of their warehouses.

I think its ridiculous on their part to allow sales just to sit on them. I'm in no rush but I don't like my shoes just sitting somewhere.

Off topic but what have you guys done with your FLX points? $20 gift cards are always unavailable.

Its the new way of them not issuing the 20 dollar rewards lol.....they tell you to get it on line.....but like you said....they are not ever available......i like the old way

Back
Top Bottom