Air Jordan VI White/Varsity Red **Bulls** (RD: 6/12/10)

anticipating these kicks dropping.  Two months left. 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Originally Posted by safcolts

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

the infared color was used because they (nike) had numerous success with the air max 90 as well as the agassi, and even after the vi, look at the air max 180 (running) and boom. infared was a popular color in that era anyways, much of the horrible clothes, home decor, automobiles, etc. remember hyper-color shirts? body glove? hobbie? yeah. infared is the izhhy. period.
i thought the agassi was lava (never cared for them)i could be wrong and i was talking about jordans not air max ,agassi,or bodyglove never saw it on any car execpt mabyee the 70's batmobile or mabyee i refered to it as hot pink and am messed up i just remember in 90/91 when they came out almost everyone complained ( people around me anyway i dont know what people around the world thought back then there was no world wide web)about that red but alot of them bought anyway.i know on most shoe models varsity red looks better then infared as a color to me the younger generation might like it because it makes that shoe unique but unique is not always better.

i remember the whole deal with the vi. my first real pair of jordans, ( i stole a pair of military blue iv from a neighborhood pool, and dharma sure caught up to me hah) i felt like zeus around the other kids who had started unlv jackets and raiders and kings snapbacks, but that was the times, 1990-1991, mlb started putting the harmon killebrew patch on the back of new era fitteds, nba on nbc was HUGE, man, i remember when you used to get punked or teased for having last years jordans even. but the infared was a huge sensation with all the people at nike, and i remember people complaining about the bordeaux vii because of all the ugly unmatching colors, even the hare jordans, and then the "raptors" but never remember anyone saying anything about the colors (infared) on the vi. and i grew upp in minneapolis at that point.

Oh that brings me back.  Starter jackets, Detroit Tigers cap (like Ice Cube's), locs, Z-Cav pants, Gibaud jeans, Swatches, OP shirts, Zubaz, Vuarnet shirts (had me some of the kicks, too).  Oh man, Pistons vs Bulls, Bulls vs Knickerbockers -- that brings me back to the real hoop days when fouls were really fouls and not fingernail slices on Lebron's arms .... But I have to agree with safcolts, the whole infrared color wasn't that hot in my area (N. Mpls).  White Infrareds would sit on racks forever.  I remember a lot of kids loved the dagnabit Bordeaux VIIs, though.  I never saw the attraction with them and still don't with all the zany colors.

white/varsity reds > white/infrareds

black infrareds > black/varsity reds

Man If You Didn't Know

New_Age_Outlaws.jpg

You better Call Somebody, Cause I said it once and I'll say it again, Copped at retail for me.

these should be #1 on the list for all sneaker head this year...JB you outdid yourself on this 1..this pack is gonna be sooo 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im gonna wear a black varsity on my right foot, and a white varsity on my left foot Y0!!!!!

Very pleased about these and I'm not anticipating a craze but either way Ive got my pair locked and hopefully everyone snags theirs as well...

roll.gif
roll.gif
ninjahood wrote:

now that da infrared black VI's SUCK there's no way imma cop that pack...so i'll just settle on these and call it a day....
frown.gif
smh.gif

All that talk in the VR forum laughing at everone for copping those and  looking forward to these, and now your copping and calling it a day huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

roll.gif
roll.gif
ninjahood wrote:

now that da infrared black VI's SUCK there's no way imma cop that pack...so i'll just settle on these and call it a day....
frown.gif
smh.gif

All that talk in the VR forum laughing at everone for copping those and  looking forward to these, and now your copping and calling it a day huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

roll.gif
roll.gif
ninjahood wrote:

frown.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
QFT!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The VR's are Suede. These are leather. That's why Ninjahood wants these. Because they are leather. Y'all be clowning on homie too hard. Just because he wanted durabuck and not suede, doesn't mean he's a @!#%!%$.

It wasn't so much the Varsity Red, as opposed to the Suede. Cmon y'all....

these are auto-copped.. i never double up on releases but i may have to make an exception with these

Originally Posted by n1rb

these are auto-copped.. i never double up on releases but i may have to make an exception with these

Have to agree.  May cop for the misses and my shorty, too.  

IMO, the best AJ to come out in 2010.

Copped can't wait, will look nice up here in the summer, even if summer in syracuse only last 1 month.

Back
Top Bottom