Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

Does anyone know if rubbing alcohol on the sole will clean it?
Also, spraying it with waterproof prevents yellowing, atleast slows it down even more?

Originally Posted by BigEli500

Does anyone know if rubbing alcohol on the sole will clean it?
Also, spraying it with waterproof prevents yellowing, atleast slows it down even more?

Yikes... i'm no chemistry scientilizer... but my intuition would say that the acid from the alcohol
would accelerate the yellowage.

Look... i didn't mean to break your heart, it's just a guess.

Please don't put me in a headlock with those big bulding biceps.

*faints*

LOL, I was just wondering bro. I'm terrible at Chemistry, I cheated my way through that class. But anywho, there's got to be a way to prevent yellowing besides gay seaglow. A spray, or cleanser... something. I think people just don't try it, therefore it never gets "invented".

You seem very paranoid about the yellowing.

If you want to slow down yellowing, don't wear them and buy a mini-fridge and store them in there.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

You seem very paranoid about the yellowing.

If you want to slow down yellowing, don't wear them and buy a mini-fridge and store them in there.

I really am, especially now that more releases coming out with clear blue soles. The look so beautiful, then they yellow after you step in them... such a heartbreak. 

Your best bet is to buy an extra pair to beat up and keep one DS in a temperature controlled room, take the paper out.  It will slow down oxidation.

So heres the story:
Working the other day and a guy came in wearin cool greys with some cargos
somethin bout em looked uglyyyy
and after an instant it was apparent the tongue was the issue
no joke it looked deformed
it was bout half an inch lower than it should be
and about a quarter inch narrower
I walked up to the guy and just had to ask
laughing to myself as I did
dude claims they werent fake
but that a GS tongue had actually been sewn to the shoe instead of the mens one!
he looked pissed as he described it and said he went back to finishline to complain but clearly theyre not in control of that
i asked to see em and he let me hold em
tag nubuck outsole patent leather
all legit
i could not help but believe him
he said finishline told him they had also heard complaints about the patent being zig zagged and such
i know that was a long story
but i wanna know who else had defects with their greys
my only complaint was the fact that the nubuck was creased without being touched
felt bad for the dude
looked like a clown

I was finally able to get 2 pairs of these after being let down by all the online sites. Haven't tried them on yet but lpoking forward to bringing these out in the Spring.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by upandcoming

but that a GS tongue had actually been sewn to the shoe instead of the mens one!

i believe it because the same thing happened on a pair of AJKO's i bought last year.

i made the place take 'em back tho (think it was sneakerfather).

can't believe he didn't make finishline take them back. i would never settle for that. i'd rather let them go and spend more on a pair on ebay.

So heres the story:
he looked pissed as he described it and said he went back to finishline to complain but clearly theyre not in control of that
all legit
he said finishline told him they had also heard complaints about the patent being zig zagged and such
my only complaint was the fact that the nubuck was creased without being touched
felt bad for the dude
looked like a clown
mine have correct everything except for the middle of the tongue where the jumpman jordan tag is placed is folded completely in half, i have pulled and tried to stretch out the tongue and its a little better so i guess after doing that and a few wears it will be better, other than that im not complaining, just happy to have the shoe personally

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

So heres the story:
all legit
felt bad for the dude
looked like a clown
mine have correct everything except for the middle of the tongue where the jumpman jordan tag is placed is folded completely in half, i have pulled and tried to stretch out the tongue and its a little better so i guess after doing that and a few wears it will be better, other than that im not complaining, just happy to have the shoe personally
Yeah, the patent leather on my left shoe was cut thicker than the patent on the right. Was mad at 1st but after going through ebay & shoes in the buy/sell forum I realized that most of the shoes was cut this way. Was thinking about returning but Jordan didn't put a gun to my head & make me cop, shoe is still fresh
pimp.gif

finally arrived at my local post office. Lets see what happens. Maybe the post office needs to hold it for a week too, just for shiets and giggles.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

finally arrived at my local post office. Lets see what happens. Maybe the post office needs to hold it for a week too, just for shiets and giggles.
lol same here brah
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom