Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by wrukus

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Does anyone know FNL's policy on getting these as an employee? I just got hired, and am wondering how easy I'll be able to get a pair.
Depends on your store manager really.  Space Jams had a limit on how many discounts could be used per store.  Cool Greys had no employee discounts at all.  Most managers really only care about selling the shoes as fast as possible, so if they ban discounts that pretty much makes you a customer just like anybody else and your money spends just as easily.  I would just talk to your manager and see his stance on it.  If at all possible, see if you can work that morning that way you can keep an eye on your pair or pay for them as soon as the registers open.  Definitely, under no circumstances expect to set a pair to the side until you decide to show up and pay for them later.  They will be gone.

This post couldn't be any further from the truth.

It is not up to the store manager. The order comes down from corporate. The order on the space jams was 15% of your total inventory. There weren't any disco's allowed on the CG's (they dubbed them "limited", lulz). Anyway, since the order doesn't come in until a couple days before RD, just be prepared to pay retail. And as for not being able to set them aside, I'm sure your store manager will be fine with it. 
I'm fine with paying for them, I just want to know how easily I can get a pair, considering the line is gonna be bonkers. If I work say the morning of the 23rd is it simply as easy as setting a pair aside?

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Originally Posted by temepr

wow so the bigger the size, the lower the pl cut... even the og's 
Nah not really. I think it has been an issue that came randomly in the 2000/2001 releases and so on. Im guessing those are 2001 retros arstyle posted. My 2000 space jams have a similar cut to those concords posted on one shoe and theyre 10.5s. QC aint always perfect.
Actually goes back further than that. There are 1995 Concords and Breds where one shoe has a considerably lower patent leather cut than the other shoe. It's a problem that's always occured with the Jordan XI. As much as people whine about QC, its almost impossible for EVERY shoe to be perfect.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

we comparing cars to shoes now? wow.

You need to realize that most people in this forum are pretty much fanatics about Jordan and his shoes. PL cut is an issue to those who wear with shorts. I myself dislike the cut and the jumpman placing. It's our money so we have every right to "complain"

You're absolutely right sir so now that we know you don't care for the shoe I will assume this will beyour last post in this thread???Thank you and see ya next year for the columbia's.......
smile.gif
Whomp! Whomp! I'll post as much as I want in this thread. It is, however, Niketalk, not DRO3000 talk. Your post was for what? Lulz? You got one. You must be proud of yourself.
You continue to hype up your 6 pairs on hold for e-props and security that this version is superior to the first retros. The PL cut is off and the placement of the jumpman is uncalled for. The same thing "variants" got bashed for is now what you guys are willing to shell out $200 for but I can't complain because I'm a shoe "snob"? %%#*. 

^If you do that where i pick up mines you'll never pick up a pair again from there so i think everyone is gonna act civilized. Besides i'll be posted there for like 12 hours so idgaf if they do or not long as im 1st
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Beespitta

Besides i'll be posted there for like 12 hours so idgaf if they do or not long as im 1st
happy.gif
You're gonna stand outside a mall for 12+ hours for a pair of sneakers?
laugh.gif

Re-evaluate life bro.

Originally Posted by Chosen One

Besides i'll be posted there for like 12 hours so idgaf if they do or not long as im 1st
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Re-evaluate life bro.

Shut up. At least he's doing what he has to do to get himself a pair, unlike some dudes that are gonna come in here and cry about resellers and how NDC crashed.

happy.gif
laugh.gif

Re-evaluate life bro.

Shut up. At least he's doing what he has to do to get himself a pair, unlike some dudes that are gonna come in here and cry about resellers and how NDC crashed.
THIS, some people don't know how hard things were before the internet.....not that I was collecting back then, but just saying.....get out there and put in work instead of sitting behind a computer screen.

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

I just hope that everyone who wants a pair can get a pair or 2 and not have to end up fighting like this...
Soccer-hurricane-kicked.gif

SUPER KICK!!! then SPIN!!!!! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One question I forgot to ask. For all those that got them early, doesn't matter from where, has the fitment been the same as the previous XI releases where you need to go half size up?

^ Only xi I went a half size up on was the space jams. Cool greys ran TTS to me and some posters have said that these fit like the CG's.

Because I'd rather spend 185 on a brand spanking new pair of 2011's, icy sole and all. And besides, I dare you to find me a DS pair of '00s in an 11.5 for 225-250.

Because I'd rather spend 185 on a brand spanking new pair of 2011's, icy sole and all. And besides, I dare you to find me a DS pair of '00s in an 11.5 for 225-250.

That doesn't have yellowed mesh at all...had to chime in, my size too...I have 00 Concords and DMP XI; too bad the former doesn't age as well as the latter

lol 225-250 for some DS 2000 concords?

As ohdannyboy said, Id rather have shoes that are clean and icy out the box. Id rather spend time wearing them than spending time and additional cash getting them up to my standards to wear.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

laugh.gif

Re-evaluate life bro.

THIS, some people don't know how hard things were before the internet.....not that I was collecting back then, but just saying.....get out there and put in work instead of sitting behind a computer screen.
actually things were much easier before the internet.  no limited releases, no unnecessary hype, and stores that you wouldn't expect to sell jordans like jc penny and sports authority would sell them back then. everything in the 90's was accessible and it wasn't a huge hassle to get them.

regarding the xi's this year,  if i can get them on ndc then sweet,  if not then oh well it's not the end of the world to me.  i've had a few pairs of concords throughout the years and not getting them will just mean extra cash in my pocket and i'll just buy my sons pair the next day as kids pairs won't sell out as fast.

at this point, i can't justify spending 12 hours or so camped out outside in rainy weather or any type of weather for em.  i seen dudes camped out for a good 18 hours around my way last year and i can't imagine doing what some of my nyc brethren will be doing camped out in cold weather while 34th st looks moblike.

it's just not worth it to me,  some of the euro sites will most likely inevitably have pairs on them for retail like the last few years, and if all else fails after the christmas eve resell hype dies down and everyone who HAS to have a pair by christmas overpays for em, the market will go down, and i'll find a pair on NT in the $220-230 range which I saw numerous pairs of space jams and cool greys in that price range after a while.

if someone wants to camp out for em  and spend 12+ hours outside by all means go for it, im not knocking you and i hope you get your pair, but time is money and personally i think your better off spending a little extra to cop em early if you want em that bad.

I just paid 215 shipped for a pair but no box. Size 13....

E
Originally Posted by elcerrito91

laugh.gif

Re-evaluate life bro.

Actually it wasn't hard at all before the internet. The internet is what started creating hype and ultimately ruined collecting. But that's a whole other topic.

Haven't been on NT for a while but I'm considering copping these. I'm sure this question has been answered already but frankly I can't read through 500+ pages to find it. Anyhow, for those of you who already have them, how do they fit compared to the recent XI's that have dropped? Comparable in sizing to the Cool Greys? How's the comfort? They look a little narrow from what I've seen.Aprreciate the input.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Haven't been on NT for a while but I'm considering copping these. I'm sure this question has been answered already but frankly I can't read through 500+ pages to find it. Anyhow, for those of you who already have them, how do they fit compared to the recent XI's that have dropped? Comparable in sizing to the Cool Greys? How's the comfort? They look a little narrow from what I've seen.Aprreciate the input.

I understand that you cant read through 500+ pages, but you can at least read one because i swear someone just asked this on the last page and got their question answered. smh.

Back
Top Bottom