Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

It feels weird being on the positive side of the sneaker talk in Jordan Brand
laugh.gif

My only gripe is the cut of the PL on the back...and a bit shorter on the side, but nothing to complain about...also, the leaning tower of pisa effect on the heel is not a good look ...the pic posted back didn't have that

oh and lol @ that ghetto lazy susan display

Still looks off...still not worth $180...

....That backwards jumpman still makes me itch...smh

OG/2000 Retro>_____________

what backwards jumpman?? it's facing the toe.. these are pretty darn close to the OG's..  multiple pairs.. and wonder what that box gone look like?..

I'm gonna need 3 pairs of these! Needa walk around in them, hoop in them, and keep one DS

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Steez

That's wrong. You are not speaking on any facts, you're making up nonsense on a consistent basis even after I've exhaustively explained our images. You act like we take a single photo to hype up the site. You're crazy. We don't have the shoes. If we did, we'd have taken 50 details shots of the shoes YESTERDAY and posted it. So again, keep lying to yourself and others but if you say things that aren't true you will get called out on it. Our position is already well documented and I'll keep referring you to it until you get the context. We don't hype anything up. We report on what we're able to from our sources. Anything else would be, completely obviously, physically impossible to do. We can't take photos of shoes out of thin air that we don't own. What about that you don't understand is what I find pretty incredible and that you need to be told repeatedly is indicative that you don't seem to be connecting the dots in your head.
We both know this is just spill over from the Lebron 9 thread, where I gave you a little heat. I barely said anything in this thread but you;re jumping down my throat. I do appreciate the info and pics your site provides, all I had was an issue of how you guys handled the breaking of the Bron pics and these pics. And I know the "
laugh.gif
" make it come off as me being a douche 
I understand you don't have pics, I did in the case of the Bron 9s too, all I'm saying it that maybe you should wait until you got actual full pics before you run to post because it looks to some like you just promoting your site more than anything these. But I'll stop calling out your site if it upsets you, and I don't want to distract from this post. I respect what you do with your site and I'm not looking for any e-beef. We both adults here, so if you took offense to my post, my bad I apologize. So lets just agree to disagree instead of attacking each other 

Rusty, that's fine. We're straight. You've just gotta realize though that for any single post made here, there's dozens, maybe hundreds eventually, that aren't posting but will walk away with a completely false view of the situation. That will always be called out as a general public announcement, so I'm speaking as much to everyone else as I am to what you're saying, as everyone on here is equal in being allowed to post and share whatever they want...until it gets called into question. I don't have any problems with you personally but I will have problems with anyone spreading false rumors about CounterKicks, especially as I have detailed plenty of times at this point why things are posted as they are and in cases where we don't have the shoe, it's just really a dishonest characterization to imply that we're holding back images of a shoe that we don't have, where we could easily post those shots if we did own the shoes and it would make a lot more sense for us in every relevant category there is. Many times there is a really good reason why a full shoe isn't shown, but that's quite frankly between us and our sources as we don't compromise people's trust just because a few folks on a message board can't be patient. In the other cases, as I've already said in this thread, what people want to call "teaser" shots is a completely bogus concept. Most times when a site employs super cropped shots of a shoe, it's because it's not really that shoe. They are passing it off as such. We don't do that and we provide additional ORIGINAL information to what's presented, so it's not a remotely relevant comparison. Either you have authentic images of a shoe or you don't. It's really that simple. You guys don't work behind the scenes of a site and see the news flow as it happens so you're not aware of this stuff and as a reader, you're not really expected to be. But that's the difference.

As to the notion of "waiting for full pics" before we post. Sorry, but this isn't the 1990's. Internet era means info gets developed and posted in real time as it's happening. If we don't, someone else will. It's a poor argument for contemporary times. We're not going to press once a night. It's a 24/7 news cycle. Here's the HUGE difference though. When we post something up on CounterKicks, we take great lengths to verify and process our information. We don't post photoshopped shoes and pass them off as the real thing. We don't make up info and pretend we know what's happening. We've been doing this for 2 years and CounterKicks has by far broken the most amount of sneaker info in that span. Our reputation precedes us on this. We wouldn't receive info or be of any sort of relevance if we made up stories, used bad sourcing, and tried to pawn off non-authentic photos. These are all facts. So to question our reputation just makes you or anyone else look bad, especially after I've explained it.

Originally Posted by G Que

what backwards jumpman?? it's facing the toe.. these are pretty darn close to the OG's..  multiple pairs.. and wonder what that box gone look like?..

sick.gif
not_sure_if_serious.jpg

We don't post photoshopped shoes and pass them off as the real thing. We don't make up info and pretend we know what's happening. We've been doing this for 2 years and CounterKicks has by far broken the most amount of sneaker info in that span. Our reputation precedes us on this. We wouldn't receive info or be of any sort of relevance if we made up stories, used bad sourcing, and tried to pawn off non-authentic photos. These are all facts. So to question our reputation just makes you or anyone else look bad, especially after I've explained it.

If the vmv inc pics were fakes, what's up with that video that was just posted?

Originally Posted by dtb00201

We don't post photoshopped shoes and pass them off as the real thing. We don't make up info and pretend we know what's happening. We've been doing this for 2 years and CounterKicks has by far broken the most amount of sneaker info in that span. Our reputation precedes us on this. We wouldn't receive info or be of any sort of relevance if we made up stories, used bad sourcing, and tried to pawn off non-authentic photos. These are all facts. So to question our reputation just makes you or anyone else look bad, especially after I've explained it.

If the vmv inc pics were fakes, what's up with that video that was just posted?

The VMV pics are indeed fake, but that doesn't mean it didn't have the general look of what's being produced, which is exactly what we stated in the original CounterKicks post. VMV's pics weren't just photoshopped, I think that's part of what's confusing people. They actually made a real life replica of the shoe, using old molds and parts of previous Air Jordan 11 models, then just created their own "Concord" version in a non-authorized factory that basically deals in counterfeit merchandise. To make sure it wouldn't get too obvious, they photoshopped over the carbon fiber plate on the bottom to basically all black as they maybe don't know what that area really looks like. Also they didn't post any detailed/close up shots, nor a photo of the production label, which would all give it away. Without the CounterKicks post on it, you'd all think that was an authentic pair, which it isn't. But certainly many sites passed it off as such and everyone else bought in. As for the video that was just posted, I don't know where that's sourced from and I don't know who shot it. So I can't speak on something I don't know. I will say this though, the shoes aren't in production yet and there's only a couple samples out there of what's being ultimately produced, one of which we've obtained images on. I find it difficult to believe it's reached more venues considering those facts, but that's only speculation. I can only authoritatively comment on the info and sources we have access to, which we've proven over time and time again. When you judge other people's facts and info, you need to take their reputation into consideration as well and only they can really comment on what they're doing. All I can say is when something goes up on CounterKicks, it's vetted as thoroughly as we can 'til the moment it goes live and we have a two years and on going history behind the site to prove that.

what is everyone's obsession with the OG? you ever stop to realize the shoe is NOT made for ball anymore? the padding i agree with but this shape and patent cut $*#+...who cares?

^ /thread

if you want quality shoes go for the team line. they (JB) are going to keep throwing crap at us.

not even going to act like i'm not copping atleast one pair because i am.

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

what is everyone's obsession with the OG? you ever stop to realize the shoe is NOT made for ball anymore? the padding i agree with but this shape and patent cut $*#+...who cares?

This is one of the greatest sneakers of all time worn by the greatest player of all time...you don't mess up a shoe like this. You can put fruity colorways on certain models and chippy paint on the III's...but you don't mess up this pair. One of the mottos is quality inspired by the greatest player ever, we expect a lot more

Personally, the pair looks fine to me...the video looked scary though. I'm just hoping my pair has a good cut and shape

As much as I love the older retros, I might grab a pair to wear around studio...release is going to be the '09 spacejams all over again, but worse.

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

ColdCity wrote:

i came
pimp.gif

that shape.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I pray thats the shape we are getting. If thats the case 4 pairs for me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wow my gripe has always been with the heel of the cdp xi's and after. Looks like JB might have finally fixed the problem. Awaiting more detailed photos
pimp.gif

I just seen the 360 video on these.
sick.gif

I'm sorry but why the hell are the toes pointed upwards on all the Retro 11's. #!$! look horrible!

man they look good.idk what ya complaining bout..this comes from a person that owns the 2000 pair..at least they dont look like the blk/red cdp pair.smh......you already know
JB is not the same no more..sad but true..

The modern notoriety pics look good, but I'm under the belief that there will be alot of cosmetic issues on these XI's such as patent leather height differences, glue stains, and perhaps stitching problems...December is looming and I plan to cop a few pairs anyway, but I'm sure there will be complaints....lol...
grin.gif
(as usual)

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

The modern notoriety pics look good, but I'm under the belief that there will be alot of cosmetic issues on these XI's such as patent leather height differences, glue stains, and perhaps stitching problems...December is looming and I plan to cop a few pairs anyway, but I'm sure there will be complaints....lol...
grin.gif
(as usual)

To be honest. The issue with different cuts and proportionOf air jordans is not new but was also on the ohsBack then. The leather cuttings of the 12 and 13 were oftenOff while the overall shape was better than on the retros.

Back
Top Bottom