Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

But they were his pe tho? Is that wrong?
What? His PE had "Rip City" stitched on them (stupid as a PE in the first place, since in the NBA Rip City is a Portland reference), and I think his number IIRC. I don't care enough to look it up LOL. Regardless, this release is not his PE, it's a retro of the OG white/red 14. God I hate the internet sometimes :rofl:

:wink:
14s 1.jpg
14s 2.jpg
14s 3.jpg
14s 4.jpg
Then just articulate your real point and simply say that in the first place. You don't like the 2006 black toes because they have ribbing where the OG does not, and you want the OGs. Don't say the ribbing is ugly when you like it on these white/reds and the "last shots." **** sounds illogical and dopey. I'm out on this debate :smh:

What? His PE had "Rip City" stitched on them (stupid as a PE in the first place, since in the NBA Rip City is a Portland reference), and I think his number IIRC. I don't care enough to look it up LOL. Regardless, this release is not his PE, it's a retro of the OG white/red 14. God I hate the internet sometimes :rofl:
My bad for not knowing something

Yeah, so let me get this straight: You hate the 2006 black toe 14s because they have ribbing on the sides. But you're all about these white/red 14s ... that have the ribbing on the sides. That makes a lot of sense. Let me guess: It's hideous on the black toes because the OG of that colorway didn't have it, but it's OK on these because the OGs of the white/reds had it. If that's the case, it really has nothing to do with what you think looks better or worse, it has to do with just wanting the retros to be true to the OG colorways. I can understand that, but don't say one shoe with the ribbing is ugly because of it while simultaneously saying you're all in on a different white-based colorway that has the same ribbing.

Personally I felt the same. The black toe colorway itself was clean but adding the ribbed upper was too much for something that had white/pearlized hits/silver/black/red flowing throughout it. Less is more to some extent & that shoe was an example for me of when you’re doing too much.

Ribbed upper is cool but I’d say do it on solid upper colors only.

We've been asking around and no one seems to be able to confirm if there is in fact Zoom in Forefoot / Heel.

-Instyleshoes

Probably the first time I've seen you guys post here.. never knew ya'll had an account :lol:

But I ound this on a google search on sneakerfiles.com .. not sure how accurate they are but I also never noticed the 14 JM's.. sounds like a cool detail that a lot of the older Jordans had and got overlooked..

upload_2019-4-2_9-22-32.png

Probably the first time I've seen you guys post here.. never knew ya'll had an account :lol:

But I ound this on a google search on sneakerfiles.com .. not sure how accurate they are but I also never noticed the 14 JM's.. sounds like a cool detail that a lot of the older Jordans had and got overlooked..

I knew about the JM and the vents... To bad the insole cover the “vents” on the retros...

My bad for not knowing something
I didn't mean it to sound like I was being a **** toward you, wasn't my intention. My comment about hating the internet was about how it spreads false info at warp speed.
The confusion about this release and Rip is ... confusing LOL. These appear to just be a straight retro of the OG white/red 14, nothing to do with Hamilton other than it being 20 years since he wore them in the NCAA title game. Even Rip (and a reporter) seems confused about it (and about the definition of a PE), as per this article which makes no sense, since there is no Rip branding on the actual shoe.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ding-uconn-to-first-title-in-program-history/

Hope they get the cushioning right on these. My indiglo’s were nowhere near as comfortable as the OGs.
I wore my Indiglos the other day. I felt like they have Zoom in them, just figured it's a slimmer/smaller Zoom unit that maybe it used to be. I could be wrong, though. Will definitely remember to feel for it the next time I wear them.

I think, IIRC, Sneakerfiles got it wrong there. Almost positive it was MJ's 550 Maranello that inspired the shoe, not the 355. Not that it even matters, just some uber-dork factoid.

I wore my Indiglos the other day. I felt like they have Zoom in them, just figured it's a slimmer/smaller Zoom unit that maybe it used to be. I could be wrong, though. Will definitely remember to feel for it the next time I wear them.

I think, IIRC, Sneakerfiles got it wrong there. Almost positive it was MJ's 550 Maranello that inspired the shoe, not the 355. Not that it even matters, just some uber-dork factoid.

It does matter. Air Jordan 18 is a Murcialago. Air Jordan 11 is a Viper. Air Jordan 6 is a Air cooled Porsche. Air Jordan 14 is a 550 Maranello. There’s also three shoes based on specific planes in flight history. P51,X-15,F22 Raptor.

It's there but its stiff even after broken IMO. OGs were supremely comfortable out of the box and great to hoop in

Back
Top Bottom