Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Not sure if this was posted yet. The video had me do a 180 on the Blue pair. Considering "trying" for them on Saturday.

Don't be fooled by the studio shots of the "red", Here it is in real life:

The shoe's a little darker in person but it's still not quite red. It's more orange like the "crimson" on the 3s that just came out. Pass for me.

More bad news: this pack is going to be just as limited as the first releases. My HoH said they're only getting 1 size run of colorways so far, and are still waiting on the blue and yellows to arrive. In an interesting twist they did get restocked on the solid black, but they said that Nike pulled that stock from stores where they didn't instantly sell out so they'd sell here (it's a pretty major HoH).
I really hope they aren't the same color as the crimson on the III's that just released.  If so I will definitely be passing.  However, I think the picture referenced here doesn't give a true representation of the product.  The picture really looks washed out.  

Man I hate having to jump through hoops to give a company my money. My hoh is only getting the red pair smh. Might just get the cloak penny v or try online for the blue pair.

Looks like eastbay is selling all 3 colorways.

Neither of the XX8 that are releasing feature a shroud/bootie combo that I like. I had hopes for the red ones but red and orange? I'll see what the yellows look like in person and go from there I guess. Also, does anyone actually like the wavy "camouflage" print on the shroud or are we all just kind of dealing with it?
Personally I don't like the "camo" print.  I bought the black / green because I think a solid upper looks much better.  I hope we see some good solid color upper options in the future.  

Official NDC images......weird that the photo blue's don't have the zipper pull and the Gym Reds have a blue zipper pull.

Alright, I'm a LONG time viewer of NT, first time poster. As an initial hater of the AJXX8 (with so many others), I did what I so often do with the new J's and did a total 180. I really like them now, and really want them. Unfortunately, $250 just isn't a possibility for me.

That being said, I have two main questions on these:

First, from a purely performance perspective, has anyone come across any durability issues with these? I've seen a few posters about the dreaded "toe separation" and seem to recall another mentioning the traction on the bottom coming off. Anyone else noticed this or anything else?

Secondly, I feel like that white inner (like on the camo editions) would get really dirty really fast if you played in them.

Could not agree more. Idc that they end up yellowing... They look so much better. I need to figure out how to use retobrite anyway (my spacejams and royal foam1 are looking pissy)

Since I can't find the black stealths anywhere below retail, I'll just save the $300+ for when they hit ID. Hopefully then I can make a black/non volt inside with clear sole. Not sure what color I would want inside tho.

And if they are scared about yellowing, then they still could use smokey outsoles or get blue tinted outsoles for the blue camos, red outsoles for the red camo and yellow outsoles for the yellow ones.

Got to get the blue pair. I just wish they had a navy blue inner bootie. None of them will be hard to get in my area, people are asleep on these in NC.

Finally got to try on the Green pair. I have a wide foot so true to size just didn't cut it and the zip is difficult to dang near impossible so if i had a smaller foot lol and a skinny thigh id probably love them but i don't. I think for casual use you'd be best getting a dark color-way, these feel the most basketball only of the Jordan's i have for some reason. I still love the look but the fit is a different story and i felt the cushioning which I'm sure if i still played ball i would have loved.

Didnt really like the xx8s til i saw the blue camo ones. Would definitely get these if i still hooped.

I wish JB would just give us a straight Black/Red colorway already.  These reds would have been fire if the inner was black.  Why orange?  What's the deal with JB and these weird color ways?

Ok so I've finally decided I'm going to pass on picking up the blue's tomorrow...I'm just going to hold off for the ID options like I first planned...

I'm just not feeling the off the wall colorways in these and much rather the solid upper pairs...

I wish JB would just give us a straight Black/Red colorway already.  These reds would have been fire if the inner was black.  Why orange?  What's the deal with JB and these weird color ways?
Same thing I was thinking! I wish they had a red shroud and the inner was a black with a white jumpman. Itwould have been a sick color way and if they released it as a first color way to have the Bulls theme

Think Ima give in and cop the XX8s...I thought it was the most horrendous shoes ever until seeing them worn zipped down. These will be a slept on shoe in the future.

Back
Top Bottom