Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Alright, I'm a LONG time viewer of NT, first time poster. As an initial hater of the AJXX8 (with so many others), I did what I so often do with the new J's and did a total 180. I really like them now, and really want them. Unfortunately, $250 just isn't a possibility for me.

That being said, I have two main questions on these:

First, from a purely performance perspective, has anyone come across any durability issues with these? I've seen a few posters about the dreaded "toe separation" and seem to recall another mentioning the traction on the bottom coming off. Anyone else noticed this or anything else?

Secondly, I feel like that white inner (like on the camo editions) would get really dirty really fast if you played in them.

No problems with toe separation here. I've played in them for 20 hours now.

really even with the UNC on court wear?
It's that price tag, and the fact that the style is out there. Folks with rather spend their money on retros. I saw a few pairs of the green camos the other day at Footaction and thought about getting them before I came to my senses about how much money I spent last month. I've got to have these though; I've been on them since I saw the first pics on Westbrook. The fact that I'll be using a birthday coupon won't hurt either.

It's that price tag, and the fact that the style is out there. Folks with rather spend their money on retros. I saw a few pairs of the green camos the other day at Footaction and thought about getting them before I came to my senses about how much money I spent last month. I've got to have these though; I've been on them since I saw the first pics on Westbrook. The fact that I'll be using a birthday coupon won't hurt either.
I tried to use a bday coupon on them but the manager said no because they were a quickstrike....really strict with that stuff at my HOH.....even though i spend a fortune there and saving me $25 would mean i just spend more there. Its a stupid policy

Good eye. For whatever reason it says they are all backordered until the 8th. That has to be an error, right?

They are not back-ordered until 3/08, they will be available for purchase on 3/02 and then ship out once processed. Thanks!

EastbayRep - Christina

I tried to use a bday coupon on them but the manager said no because they were a quickstrike....really strict with that stuff at my HOH.....even though i spend a fortune there and saving me $25 would mean i just spend more there. Its a stupid policy
Just try starting a conversation with one of the employees and pick up some kind of add on and you may be able to get away with it. If he's cool, you may get lucky.

can't wait to finally ref in these in our sat morning youth league tomorrow

will test them hard for 3 games 

see if i got my $250 worth

What's up with Nike not offering these in any sizes above 13? I realize sneaker heads with big feet make up about 1% of nike's profits but jb typically still showed us some love. Not anymore I guess. Even the retro gr's have seen only a few larger sizes offered.

Looks like I am going to grow old in the generic pairs of ugly new balance and reebok kicks those over 40 dudes with big feet rock if this keeps up.

These XX's are the best new numbered Jordans that have released in the last 10 years. As soon as you put them on you wont want to take them off.

Is there a date when the xx8 becomes iD? I'm thinking about making a red upper and black inner bootie. Might be skipping on the reds that are releasing tomorrow.

Is there a date when the xx8 becomes iD? I'm thinking about making a red upper and black inner bootie. Might be skipping on the reds that are releasing tomorrow.
No word, but will do the same with a Nike iD pair. I hope that they keep the camo color options for the shroud along with adding solid colors.

What's up with Nike not offering these in any sizes above 13? I realize sneaker heads with big feet make up about 1% of nike's profits but jb typically still showed us some love. Not anymore I guess. Even the retro gr's have seen only a few larger sizes offered.

Looks like I am going to grow old in the generic pairs of ugly new balance and reebok kicks those over 40 dudes with big feet rock if this keeps up.

What size do you wear?

I grabbed my size 14 in the Black/Green.

Since they screw people over with the availability of retros, they should at least produce the post 23 J's in greater quantity and NikeId.

damn these got tore up on air during the boston game..... they kept zooming the camera in on terrence who had the camo's on... 1 announcer said "what the.. are those exhaust pipes on his feet'?

lmao

i still can't find pics or a vid of this. anybody?

Most anyone who has worn these knows that these are gamechangers. Thus you understand the price, and that they can't be replicated at this quality sometime in the future. Kinda like past Jordans.

got my red camos! had a 10% off coupon and some gift cards from my boss so my grand total was $0. was gonna go back to sleep, but i'm so excited that i might just stay up. good luck to everyone else!

Well couldn't get the black and green joints when it first released decided on the blue camo cause I'm sure it'll sell out eventually.

Back
Top Bottom