Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

They definitely fit TTS. I'm a 10.75, LOL, and went with an 11. I tried on a 10.5 in the Christmas cw and they just barely squished my toes. I prefer th extra cm or so amount of room that the 11 gives me for playing ball.

I normally wear an 8.5 in, for the most part, all retros, and I stayed with the same size on this shoe.  They do 'hug' your feet unlike most retros but not to the point that they are uncomfortable.

Anybody else cop the blk reds feel like the zoom bags are just a little tight and not responsive?? My left shoe is fine but the right isn't the same. Maybe it needs more break in time. Otherwise I enjoy them a lot.. Traction is A1 it should be the new standard.

Honestly, my Xmas zoom bags suck in comparison to my NC and Hoya camos... It was a huge disappointment. I think it's them trying to fix the zoom bag issue but frankly I preferred it the other way and will take my chances .

Anybody else cop the blk reds feel like the zoom bags are just a little tight and not responsive?? My left shoe is fine but the right isn't the same. Maybe it needs more break in time. Otherwise I enjoy them a lot.. Traction is A1 it should be the new standard.

My shrouded 28's and my SE's required no break in time at all. They played good first time out the box, they do get a little better as far as fit goes but traction and responsiveness are good from the first wear.

My Breds definitely feel firmer than my two camo pairs out of the box...

Last edited:
Haven't got much time in the SEs on court yet but initially, the zoom bags are slightly firmer than my shrouded pairs.

Difference between these and the original 28's?
A $100 shroud.

Also, some people have mentioned that the zoom bags were bouncier in the shrouded XX8's, but I don't have a pair yet, so I personally can't speak about the difference there.

I wonder if they fixed the zoom bags in the solid 28se and melo m10.. From the sound of it, it appears the zoom bags are stiffer in aforementioned models compared to the camo 28s and shrouded 28s...Was on the fence bc of the zoom bags, if it's fixed these will be copped

Last edited:
I wonder if they fixed the zoom bags in the solid 28se and melo m10.. From the sound of it, it appears the zoom bags are stiffer in aforementioned models compared to the camo 28s and shrouded 28s...Was on the fence bc of the zoom bags, if it's fixed these will be copped

I don't know about the solid color XX8s, but nightwing tweeted that his friend had a bag pop on a pair of M10s lol. People seem to prefer the older XX8 bags to the firmer ones. I think I'd rather risk it with the bags on my camo XX8s than have a firmer bag.

We'll guess I'm holding off then lol .. Going have to replace my fly wade 2s soon... To what is the question ...

Man I hate to be negative because the shoe is great all around.. I really hope the zoom bag improves because it's kind of uncomfortable

Y'all got me wondering if the zoom bags on my black/reds are any different than the earlier SE's haha. Either way, they feel great to me, a good balance of give and reseliency.

i don't have the OG 28s or earlier SE, but my dk powder blues air bags do feel firm... first step in was actually hard but they seem to break in. i havent played in them yet, just wearing them indoors. i guess im not as awe struck by this whole unlocked zoom hype as others. what i do like and look forward to while playing is this decoupled heel... seems to offer great amt of flexibility and freedom of movement.

For the zoom bags (at least in the camo pairs), I didn't really feel the bags too much until a few games into wearing them.  I played a rec league game and a couple pickup games in them before really feeling it.  I also thought the traction got better after a game or two.

Had a 2nd run in these today. I think i had em laced too tight or somethin cuz my feet were startin to hurt towards end of the game and the last 5 min my right foot was asleep.

Those first 30 minutes though felt great. Open gym tuesday im gonna go one game in HD and another in these to get an immediate feel for comparison

Copped the breds and love them. They're the best of the solid colorways imo, but the greys are VERY close. I might have to cop those next. After the Melos tho...

Had my first run in these, just a quick and easy 3 games.

The sizing is really tricky.  For me personally, they don't run big, but they run kind of long, if that makes any sense.  I tried on a pair half size down yesterday, but if I went half size down, my outer toes would be squished.  Right now I have a bit more room than I'd like at the big toe.  So toe offs aren't as effective as they could be, but if I went half down, my toes would be scrunched.

It's only the first run, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions and I'm looking forward to getting some more run in them, but I wasn't blown away.  They're very solid of course, but when I played, I felt like they were dictating to me more than I was dictating to them, and that could be because of the sizing.  Still, they seem like they will be a nice alternative to my usual rotation.

Had a 2nd run in these today. I think i had em laced too tight or somethin cuz my feet were startin to hurt towards end of the game and the last 5 min my right foot was asleep.

Those first 30 minutes though felt great. Open gym tuesday im gonna go one game in HD and another in these to get an immediate feel for comparison
Let us know about the back-to-back comparison - should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom