Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Kicksgear1 on ebay has some of the new colors for under retail shipped if anyone is still looking.

Ok just got home from some pick up games ... let me start by saying i played the first 2 games in the XX8s then switched to the HDs for the final 2 which i think I should have done the opposite ... anyway

XX8s felt good as mentioned before, zoom was good lockdown was good no problems. I mentioned Sunday that my feet were hurting at the end if my league game I didn't experience that tonight as I laced them looser .. So I'm thinking I did lace them too tight Sunday.

Switching to the HDs I definitely felt as if I lost the spring in my step not having that elevated feeling from the zoom bags. Comfort was still there but it was definitely a different feel. The HDs are much softer on the feet when landing vs XX8s are more firm but still soft in its own way. I felt like I had more room in the HD but the lockdown was still perfect

With that said they both are honestly some of the bests shoes you can ball in I think. Both offer the same just slightly in different ways. The zoom makes the XX8 just a little better IMO

Hope this helps out

^^ Dang dude, you have only a year on NT and have over 1100 reps and 6600 posts. That's bananas!

At this point, I think the HyperDunks are the way to go. I'm seeing WAY too many posts of popped bags on these XX8s--SEs or not.

Last edited:
Yup.  One pair getting popped would be enough for me.  There are plenty of excellent performance shoes right now that are cheaper than the SE's.

The flaw in design is pretty bad.  At least people don't seem to have issues returning them to Nike though.

So after a few more runs in these, my view on them has somewhat changed. The honeymoon period is over lol.

1st off, my feet were really beat after close to 2 hours (no not the normal beat after a long seasion lol). I noticed that my feet slide noticeably when quickly changing directions while sliding defensively. It slides, then slams into the carbon fiber support, not a great feeling. It's weird because my feet feel really locked down from a fit standpoint, but almost as if I'm standing on an icey insole, if that makes sense. Anybody else experience this?

Traction is still godly and the zoom has been getting more and more responsive. I feel more spring than when I initially played in them. It's great but also worries me. I'm really starting to get nervous about the bags popping if they continue to "break in" this quickly.

All that said, I like them, but I might have to switch back to my lebron xi's as my go to.

Yup.  One pair getting popped would be enough for me.  There are plenty of excellent performance shoes right now that are cheaper than the SE's.

The flaw in design is pretty bad.  At least people don't seem to have issues returning them to Nike though.

The bags popping are a lot less frequent than you think. They also changed to zoom bag in the SE's from the Christmas to the one's released on Feb 1st. The new bags are a lot firmer than the previous SE bags. But the shorouded XX8's have the best court feel and spring to them IMO. This is the best tech out there currently and people are making a big deal of the zoom bags popping which I can understand why if this is your only shoe to play in. But I think the problem has been solved for the most part since the bags are firmer than the last set of SE's. That's not to say there wont be anyone who has a bag pop on them but I think it should be a non issue if deciding on this shoe or not.

The bags popping are a lot less frequent than you think. They also changed to zoom bag in the SE's from the Christmas to the one's released on Feb 1st. The new bags are a lot firmer than the previous SE bags. But the shorouded XX8's have the best court feel and spring to them IMO. This is the best tech out there currently and people are making a big deal of the zoom bags popping which I can understand why if this is your only shoe to play in. But I think the problem has been solved for the most part since the bags are firmer than the last set of SE's. That's not to say there wont be anyone who has a bag pop on them but I think it should be a non issue if deciding on this shoe or not.
So the Xmas has the original zoom bags?

My Xmas a definitely different than my unc and Hoya camos, as I've said several times before. Not sure where he got the info on the cutoff of old zoom bags vs. New but just stating my personal experience and I despise my Xmas because of it. Completely ruin the point of unlocked zoom.

Last edited:
Messaged a seller on eBay with bamboos for a decent price but he just keeps sending me a message to text him at his mobile over and over. wtf... This seems suspect to me...

Maybe it ain't about "old" zoom bags vs new. Maybe it's just that the shoe is inconsistent with itself no matter which cw? Just putting it out there. I personally only own the xmas and bred and they feel the same to me.

Messaged a seller on eBay with bamboos for a decent price but he just keeps sending me a message to text him at his mobile over and over. wtf... This seems suspect to me...

Seller might just doesn't want to get penalized by ebay for trying to avoid ebay selling fees

Maybe it ain't about "old" zoom bags vs new. Maybe it's just that the shoe is inconsistent with itself no matter which cw? Just putting it out there. I personally only own the xmas and bred and they feel the same to me.
could be, but it seems that most have noticed a difference right around the time of xmas or melo 10 drop i think it is safe to say something happened but its as much speculation as anything else. I just know that the camos are INSANELY responsive. When i put them on it was like nothing I had felt before where as the xmas was about as responsive as lacing up a cinder block in comparison. Do you have any of the original XX8s to compare your xmas or bred to? There is just such a dramatic difference, trying to think of how to give you something to compare it to. Anyways, it times like these it would be nice if there were official statements released for performance nerds like myself who are really nit-picky :D

So after a few more runs in these, my view on them has somewhat changed. The honeymoon period is over lol.

1st off, my feet were really beat after close to 2 hours (no not the normal beat after a long seasion lol). I noticed that my feet slide noticeably when quickly changing directions while sliding defensively. It slides, then slams into the carbon fiber support, not a great feeling. It's weird because my feet feel really locked down from a fit standpoint, but almost as if I'm standing on an icey insole, if that makes sense. Anybody else experience this?

Traction is still godly and the zoom has been getting more and more responsive. I feel more spring than when I initially played in them. It's great but also worries me. I'm really starting to get nervous about the bags popping if they continue to "break in" this quickly.

All that said, I like them, but I might have to switch back to my lebron xi's as my go to.
I had that problem with my feet sliding when changing directions as well.  I tried thicker socks (per another forum members suggestion) and tightened the shoes really tight, and it helped the problem.  It may have still been an issue, but I didn't consciously notice it.  When I get back on the court, I'll be more cognizant of it to see if it's still happening.  I just got a pair of Lebron XI's a few weeks ago that I haven't gotten to play in yet, so I'm looking forward to trying them out and seeing if they can knock the XX8's out of my top spot.

I had that problem with my feet sliding when changing directions as well.  I tried thicker socks (per another forum members suggestion) and tightened the shoes really tight, and it helped the problem.  It may have still been an issue, but I didn't consciously notice it.  When I get back on the court, I'll be more cognizant of it to see if it's still happening.  I just got a pair of Lebron XI's a few weeks ago that I haven't gotten to play in yet, so I'm looking forward to trying them out and seeing if they can knock the XX8's out of my top spot.

Appreciate the reply. I've been wearing elite socks. Usually I go with regular nba socks so I may switch back and see how it goes.

It'll definitely be a different experiece with the xi's. Personally I love em.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Appreciate the reply. I've been wearing elite socks. Usually I go with regular nba socks so I may switch back and see how it goes.

It'll definitely be a different experiece with the xi's. Personally I love em.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I'd say try going back to the NBA socks.  This might not be the case for sure, but I've had times where dr-fit or elite socks have given me trouble in certain pairs of shoes.  These XX8s don't offer a whole lot of breathability either so the moisture wicking you get from elites is almost counterproductive IMO.  Good luck fam!

I'd say try going back to the NBA socks.  This might not be the case for sure, but I've had times where dr-fit or elite socks have given me trouble in certain pairs of shoes.  These XX8s don't offer a whole lot of breathability either so the moisture wicking you get from elites is almost counterproductive IMO.  Good luck fam!

Yea that's what I was thinking. Love dri-fit elites but when I think back to when I first played in the 28s I used nba socks and didn't notice an isse. Probably it right there.

Truth.

It's easy to see right away which shoes they work for and which they don't.  Roomier shoes I tend to stay away from Elites.  I don't use them for the XX8 SE's, but I do for Kobe V's and Hyperdunks.  I wear these thick HEAD socks from costco for the XX8 SE's.

The things Elites have going for them, for me, is they stay in place and hug your lower calves pretty well, and you can hand wash them afterwards and hang dry and they'll still be good to go.  I've only machine washed my three pairs maybe one time.  Pure performance, I like NBA socks better, but those have to be machine washed/dried every wear.

Back
Top Bottom