Air Jordan XXXIII first info

upload_2018-10-8_2-27-32.png

please

it already feels weird enough wanting to cop a new Jordan

dont make this difficult

release the damn shoes as is

Damn where did this pic come from??

It's interesting to see how much these weigh. No shock here, but it does go to show how much marketing BS goes into shoes. For how many years now has Nike as a whole been hammering us with the message that weight is the enemy of performance and comfort? That's why we're all supposed to be slurping up knit shoes left and right. For years it was a staple of the Kobe line's marketing, and it was ALL about performance in the cases of Kobe sigs. Now suddenly the new Air Jordan weighs more than a pound per shoe but it's "engineered for flight." Yeah, makes loads of sense. Since they've decided to market these as the space travel shoe, maybe they should go ask NASA, "Hey, what's an extra half pound here and there?" and see what kind of response they get LOL

Anyway, just something that crossed my mind. I plan to pick up the white pair next week just for fun, so I'm not bashing the shoe. Just makes me laughs sometimes how quickly Nike turns on its own messaging, just to deliver whatever the latest marketing message happens to be. Not that a a few ounces on each foot makes a real difference. Unless, of course, you listen to Nike when it's pushing a lightweight product, and then it suddenly makes ALL the difference :lol:

It's interesting to see how much these weigh. No shock here, but it does go to show how much marketing BS goes into shoes. For how many years now has Nike as a whole been hammering us with the message that weight is the enemy of performance and comfort? That's why we're all supposed to be slurping up knit shoes left and right. For years it was a staple of the Kobe line's marketing, and it was ALL about performance in the cases of Kobe sigs. Now suddenly the new Air Jordan weighs more than a pound per shoe but it's "engineered for flight." Yeah, makes loads of sense. Since they've decided to market these as the space travel shoe, maybe they should go ask NASA, "Hey, what's an extra half pound here and there?" and see what kind of response they get LOL

Anyway, just something that crossed my mind. I plan to pick up the white pair next week just for fun, so I'm not bashing the shoe. Just makes me laughs sometimes how quickly Nike turns on its own messaging, just to deliver whatever the latest marketing message happens to be. Not that a a few ounces on each foot makes a real difference. Unless, of course, you listen to Nike when it's pushing a lightweight product, and then it suddenly makes ALL the difference :lol:
you just gotta look at it like the 33 is a fashion shoe and there are other nike shoes out there made for performance

remember this is the same company that said we didnt need air in the heel for a couple years.

i like flyknit. i wish these had flyknit on the toe

Jordan Brand is really increasing their college presence. They got Florida now too. That’s wild.

you just gotta look at it like the 33 is a fashion shoe and there are other nike shoes out there made for performance

remember this is the same company that said we didnt need air in the heel for a couple years.

It's fine with me, and it's not a big deal. Like I noted, I just find it amusing. We've already seen plenty of NBA players hooping in these. If minimum weight was really that big of a factor in athlete performance, the reality of what players wear might be a bit different. I buy different shoes for all manner of different reasons, and I plan to buy these. I just can't help but to notice silly contradictions in the messaging when it comes to performance. Makes me laugh.

Nicely put on all your points. Kudos.

It's fine with me, and it's not a big deal. Like I noted, I just find it amusing. We've already seen plenty of NBA players hooping in these. If minimum weight was really that big of a factor in athlete performance, the reality of what players wear might be a bit different. I buy different shoes for all manner of different reasons, and I plan to buy these. I just can't help but to notice silly contradictions in the messaging when it comes to performance. Makes me laugh.

It's at least not as silly as what apple said to the public that the slim smaller shape of the new iPhone would be the perfect size.
Then the years after it always launched a bigger screen as they figured out that the consumers actually preferred larger screens like the galaxy s series.

For the weight increase of the 33 compared to the recent models i dont see a contradiction though.
The weight of air jordan shoes has been going up and down for ages. This is nothing new.
And i doubt that the 33 would be as heavy as the 12.
If the weight increase is caused by maintaining a sufficient stability then it is fine.
I don't want a shoe that falls apart like the 28 (zoom bag issues, too thin outsoles, toe cap rips easily).

I kind of liked these at first but the more I've seen them the less I like them. Its a pass from me. Good luck guys.

It's at least not as silly as what apple said to the public that the slim smaller shape of the new iPhone would be the perfect size.
Then the years after it always launched a bigger screen as they figured out that the consumers actually preferred larger screens like the galaxy s series.

For the weight increase of the 33 compared to the recent models i dont see a contradiction though.
The weight of air jordan shoes has been going up and down for ages. This is nothing new.
And i doubt that the 33 would be as heavy as the 12.
If the weight increase is caused by maintaining a sufficient stability then it is fine.
I don't want a shoe that falls apart like the 28 (zoom bag issues, too thin outsoles, toe cap rips easily).

You hit all the points I was thinking of when I typed my original post.

When it comes to performance, 90-plus percent of this--when we are talking about good shoes from good brands that already have solid foundations in their footwear--is marketing. I too have commented to people over the years about Apple and phone companies telling the consumers that THIS one is THE ONE to have. First it was all about small, then big. It's pretty funny when you take a step back and just observe it without buying the message at face value. It also makes you a smarter consumer rather than a sheep. Look at all the rich *******s who bought those Vertu phones running garbage OS LOL

To that exact point: For the shoes, all I was saying is, it IS funny how weight has been a thing for several years now when it comes to the marketing/selling points. That's why I referenced the Kobe line, which was one of my favorites from the Kobe 1 till about now--but that's more about the designs they've dropped under the Kobe name since the 11. It's gone a bit off the rails since then.

The Jordan line hasn't made the same points about lightness that the Kobe line did, but anyone with a brain knows that at the end of the day, this is one company. And the product is all over the map with the messaging. That's not a criticism of the product. It's just an observation that I find interesting, and if others don't, I get that. I'm grabbing these next week because I'm intrigued and I think they are fun. Maybe. That's where this all started for me 30 years ago. The upside of weight, potentially, is durability. It's one thing to have 8-ounce shoes when you're in the NBA and they are all free. It's another for most people in real effing life LOL

Guys, if you want to play basketball put on your space jams or buy concords. They already created the perfect basketball shoe.

These shoes were made for walkin and thats just what theyll do. Sometimes, if I feel like shooting around Ill do that too.

I kind of liked these at first but the more I've seen them the less I like them. Its a pass from me. Good luck guys.

I'm feeling that way about the colorways releasing. I may pass altogether unless they bring something out that blows me away. I'm also tired of clear soles.

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom