Air Jordan xxxiv first info

It is a huge balance, but I've been cutting back on shoes recently being that my collection of shoes feels pretty good, and I've been buying way more toys now

:lol: it's an interesting road, I'm still waiting to see where it ends

well it does. it's getting a little bit more challenging now considering my aging
:rofl:
I wish I had the shelf-space and money to do it. This isn’t very original but I’ve been a huge Boba Fett fan since I was five. About 12 years ago I went on a six-month Boba Fett bender buying all manner of figures and stuff. What I realized quickly was, it never ends. It’s actually WAY worse than sneakers if you have even mild OCD LOL. Ebay became like a daily crack dealer. The problem for me is, besides there being an endless stream of product, most of the items, taken by themselves, aren’t especially expensive. But for an idiot like me, it sucks me into accumulating a total bill that’s not cheap. $100 here, $15 there ... it’s no bueno. I had to get out.

I will still buy something that strikes my fancy but it’s super rare. I pre-ordered the Sideshow Toys Mandalorian/Child 1/6 figure, which is like $330, and that’ll be the first thing like that I’ve bought in many years.

well I have overcome some of it but still have some special things on my mind that are still lingering there and those are don't come cheap. Man, Sideshow Toys are great but mad expensive. same with Hot Toys and Play Arts Kai, especially their Batman Figures, those 3 companies have the best figurines I've seen. for me, the things that still linger on my mind are the 3A DLX Bumblebee, Voltron 84 metal diecast transformable lion figures, FF7 Cloud + Fenrir motorbike figure, and the Sideshow Starcraft Jim Raynor figure.

Per my post above about toys ... I clearly have OCD about a couple of things. What’s weird is, it’s literally just these couple of things. The rest, I generally don’t give a ****. Like, at all LOL

I was mostly just making a point, though. I don’t need more 34s after I get those lows. God (and you) knows I have too many shoes as is and tend to double up unnecessarily. Like you said, I now tend to hoard the shoes I like, which at this point is getting more and more few and far between. I’ve been wearing my Chi 34s a lot around home on lockdown, though. It’s made me appreciate how epic they are. But I’m standing strong. I can always get another pair on reasonable resale next year if nothing else is floating my boat :lol:

I just feel bad for some of my shoes that I have to wear yet. some of them are sitting inside their boxes for more than 2 years without wearing them and it's a waste considering they are degrading over time. so I'm being careful about my addiction. it is also becoming more challenging now considering my aging knees, less time for ballin and decreasing competitiveness in scrimmages if I would still require a ridiculous amount of shoes in my rotation. if I were younger, I would have an average of 4 worn out shoes per year. now, I'd be lucky to beat the hell out of a shoe for a year. also, my recurring knee injury doesn't make it easier for me and it sucks.

I just feel bad for some of my shoes that I have to wear yet. some of them are sitting inside their boxes for more than 2 years without wearing them and it's a waste considering they are degrading over time. so I'm being careful about my addiction. it is also becoming more challenging now considering my aging knees, less time for ballin and decreasing competitiveness in scrimmages if I would still require a ridiculous amount of shoes in my rotation. if I were younger, I would have an average of 4 worn out shoes per year. now, I'd be lucky to beat the hell out of a shoe for a year. also, my recurring knee injury doesn't make it easier for me and it sucks.
There isn't a right or wrong approach or answer, people should collect/buy whatever they want. I'm just old enough at this point to know what makes me most happy when it comes to what is, frankly, dumb **** I don't NEED LOL. I get significantly more enjoyment and amusement out of shoes than I do anything else. So other than a few exceptions once in a blue moon, I just stick to shoes as my main single silly OCD itch that needs constant scratching. I have too many pairs, but I just don't care or worry about it. One thing I like way more about shoes than I do toys or even model cars etc. is, I can wear my shoes wherever I go, so they can make me happy all day long. The other stuff, I can only see when I'm at home and staring at the shelf it sits on. What I found was, after a while, I don't really even see it sitting there anymore, and it's not like I'm actually going to sit around playing with the stuff :lol:

I wish I had the shelf-space and money to do it. This isn’t very original but I’ve been a huge Boba Fett fan since I was five. About 12 years ago I went on a six-month Boba Fett bender buying all manner of figures and stuff. What I realized quickly was, it never ends. It’s actually WAY worse than sneakers if you have even mild OCD LOL. Ebay became like a daily crack dealer. The problem for me is, besides there being an endless stream of product, most of the items, taken by themselves, aren’t especially expensive. But for an idiot like me, it sucks me into accumulating a total bill that’s not cheap. $100 here, $15 there ... it’s no bueno. I had to get out.

I will still buy something that strikes my fancy but it’s super rare. I pre-ordered the Sideshow Toys Mandalorian/Child 1/6 figure, which is like $330, and that’ll be the first thing like that I’ve bought in many years.

Maaaan. I finally laid off the Star Wars figures, but unfortunately for me, now I've started with OG posters, prop weapons and signed helmets, and the occasional Hot Toys release. :blush: :lol:

There isn't a right or wrong approach or answer, people should collect/buy whatever they want. I'm just old enough at this point to know what makes me most happy when it comes to what is, frankly, dumb **** I don't NEED LOL. I get significantly more enjoyment and amusement out of shoes than I do anything else. So other than a few exceptions once in a blue moon, I just stick to shoes as my main single silly OCD itch that needs constant scratching. I have too many pairs, but I just don't care or worry about it. One thing I like way more about shoes than I do toys or even model cars etc. is, I can wear my shoes wherever I go, so they can make me happy all day long. The other stuff, I can only see when I'm at home and staring at the shelf it sits on. What I found was, after a while, I don't really even see it sitting there anymore, and it's not like I'm actually going to sit around playing with the stuff :lol:

I know exactly what you mean about toys. definitely I don't play with them. on occasion, I do rotate them which ones I have for the week sitting beside my PC and change their poses. 2 months ago, I got 2 bat mobiles (89 classic and tumbler) was sitting on my PC. this month it's a play arts kai FF7 figure. next month, I might pose Darth Vader. lol. shoes, I rotate them every week. but for now, I'm beating the hell out of my Lebron 16s, making them my go to walking shoes since they haven't been broken in that well yet.

Maaaan. I finally laid off the Star Wars figures, but unfortunately for me, now I've started with OG posters, prop weapons and signed helmets, and the occasional Hot Toys release. :blush: :lol:
for me, the only starwars figures worth getting are Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Phasma, X-wings and Imperial Walkers. too bad I skipped on the Walkers when they were still in supply. I'd be interested on a good Death Star Diecast though, if there was one.

for me, the only starwars figures worth getting are Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Phasma, X-wings and Imperial Walkers. too bad I skipped on the Walkers when they were still in supply. I'd be interested on a good Death Star Diecast though, if there was one.

I got on Black Series heavy when they first started coming out. Got a couple of different Hot Toys displays, but I'm mostly concentrating on light saber hilts and blaster replicas now lol.

So I guess nobody care about the Crispy White :lol:

They obviously didn't come out, so I guess the first release date is May 7th for the Heritage? Barring something unforeseen drop this weekend

I got on Black Series heavy when they first started coming out. Got a couple of different Hot Toys displays, but I'm mostly concentrating on light saber hilts and blaster replicas now lol.

Black Series are ok. Hot Toys are amazing and somehow resembles Sideshow. both are expensive though. anyways, there's just lots of companies now but still the price are still crazy and somehow pretty much the same as the other companies. sometimes you just have to look for cheap knockoffs just to afford one and I'm referring to very good knockoffs.

New GI Joe toys coming out..

tenor (20).gif

Reactions: ARK

I like the Snake Eyes set better.

Black Series are ok. Hot Toys are amazing and somehow resembles Sideshow. both are expensive though. anyways, there's just lots of companies now but still the price are still crazy and somehow pretty much the same as the other companies. sometimes you just have to look for cheap knockoffs just to afford one and I'm referring to very good knockoffs.

dabbled in black series for a minute. sold them then moved up. truly a money consuming hobby. not sure if sneakers or shoes are my bigger problem....

20200417_084236.jpg
20200417_084247.jpg

I like the Snake Eyes set better.

Yeah me too but it was sold out so just showed Destro. heh.

dabbled in black series for a minute. sold them then moved up. truly a money consuming hobby. not sure if sneakers or shoes are my bigger problem....

20200417_084236.jpg
20200417_084247.jpg

Helluva display, man! For some reason I passed on most of the OG trilogy heroes. I have a Fett, a Vader, and a Carbonite Han displayed together. Have a Jedi Luke and Emperor, and the rest are sequel trilogy figures.

Back
Top Bottom