Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

I was talking aesthetically. If you noticed most of my complaints have been about the looks of the shoe.

As for aesthetics I agree with you in many ways and was just trying to add to your comment by highlighting the performance aspect, which I think set those apart in a positive way more than anything else.

The 28,29,30 were lazy designs. They mainly were just prints on an upper.
In regards to prints and woven uppers for the 28 and 29 I get what you're sayin'...and they're not my preffered choice for J's designs either. Same could be said to some extent about the 32 and I see more of the same potentially happening again with the 36 in some ways (even though I like the overall design) if we're talking about upper materials.

On the other hand, I remember Nike Air Kukini's having printed uppers and being massively successful in part because of that many years before...but not cutting edge design anymore, especially for a J. I remember Nike Flyknit Max upper design were the thing around the same time period of AJ 28, 29 and 30 as well, and Flyknit Maxes still stand the test of time , so I get why they went that way then.

Not a fan of the boot look shroud of the 28's, but at least they tried something different from anything else at that point. I think colorways were super nice, the different prints made a bold statement at the time and were inline with the Jordan DNA, but yeah it was the easy route design wise. The CF supports, midsole and outsole were sick.

Pretty much the same could be said about the 29's where aesthetically they put pretty much all their money on the exagerrated prints...that's why I went only with the AS version.

The 30 had a little something extra but that was just stitching XXX on the shoe and having a toe cap. Even Tinker got defensive when people got on him for reusing the midsole design.

Since the xxx9 was elected by many as being the best on court performer and even to this day many people still swear by the xxx9's, in retrospec keeping the same midsole and outsole turned out to be a good decision. The galaxy insert on the midsole was a nice touch to the overall theme and the toe cap with the 3M and the jumpman showing through was an innovative way to use such a feature I believe.

Last edited:
Really like that the eclipse plate has become a present day jordan staple. Its a dope and unique aesthetic to build a shoe around. And the visible contrasting airbag is def the icing on the cake.

Its those types of iconic features that make jordans JORDANS.

cant remember the last series of modern aj sigs that have had a reoccurring feature like that.

3 sigs is enough tho. No need to jump the shark with it.

Last edited:
Xx9 were great shoes to hoop in absolutely loved them. The xxx I still need to break in.

Xxx1 were great until i rolled an ankle on a close out. Never realized the traction was spotty i always thought they were solid.

The cws will change opinions as they come out. Looking fwd to the tech they use in these.

Old heads and people who love to complain about how the new Air Jordan’s don’t match your style, watch this and take notes. These new Jordans are never, I repeat, never gonna go back to using leathers and old materials. You guys often forget how these new Jordans are made specifically for playing basketball first

you speaking some truth...some of these guys dont get that!!

One thing you gotta know is that the game has changed. You gotta respectfully and tastefully let them have this new game because regardless it’s here. As long as the OGs get one color way to role with the 23 jersey, we gone be good lol. But don’t bash another man because he loves something you dislike. Just find ways to enjoy the new game.

One thing you gotta know is that the game has changed. You gotta respectfully and tastefully let them have this new game because regardless it’s here. As long as the OGs get one color way to role with the 23 jersey, we gone be good lol. But don’t bash another man because he loves something you dislike. Just find ways to enjoy the new game.
Well, the new game blows and is watered down. They can have it. Don’t complain when the lace loop snaps on the first wear like the 34. Pathetic.

F0C1900B-24A6-4ECC-BEB6-B798927D79AB.jpeg

Who’s “Them”?

If you’re referring to the younger generation, the younger generation doesn’t love them though.:rolleyes

And they shouldn’t because it’s not a shoe from their generation. To be honest, most of the younger generation aren’t even thinking about them unless they got the history from people older than them.

Or if they’re looking for a performance basketball shoe and want to feel what we felt.

Who’s “Them”?

If you’re referring to the younger generation, the younger generation doesn’t love them though.:rolleyes

And they shouldn’t because it’s not a shoe from their generation. To be honest, most of the younger generation aren’t even thinking about them unless they got the history from people older than them.

Or if they’re looking for a performance basketball shoe and want to feel what we felt.
no offense but young ones don't give a cent about the legacy. they are more about the hype on the shoe and the resell value. most of the young ones I asked don't know about the history and other stuff like that nor even the player itself other than the name. atleast for me as a young one, knew exactly who Bird, Magic, Mchale, Jordan, Thomas were. also, and I actually love and play basketball.

looks like the material they used for the Jordan Futures.

I think it is just a see-through mesh. If you look closely you can see Hardaway's white socks through the upper.

That the way the upper is bend it places, seems like the stuff they used on the 33s

I think it is just a see-through mesh. If you look closely you can see Hardaway's white socks through the upper.

That the way the upper is bend it places, seems like the stuff they used on the 33s
if it's something like the material on the 33s, then it's a PASS for me. I hated the 33s.

I dunno, when he is sitting on the bench his foot is in a shadow and it looks like the sock is peaking though in that instance too.

Plus the toe is reinforced at the tip. That is usually the sign they upper is a mesh
hopefully it's just a silhouette.

Y’all think tinker will be coming back for the 37? I remember after the 32 he was interviewed and was real specific in saying he wouldn’t be involved in the 33-36.

Back
Top Bottom