Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Size 9.5-12 psychic energy $150

played pickup last night in these and I love everything except the durability. Lol if this is after 2 hours of pickup, these are going to look like beaters in a month :lol:
662D1C75-B6D9-4E3C-AA2E-A79C314C91B3.jpeg

I have a few marks like that on my pair and all I did was take them out of the box.

I have a few marks like that on my pair and all I did was take them out of the box.
Bruh that’s what I’m saying. I thought that part was metallic in composition, not metallic paint lmao.

These aren’t going to look good in like 3 months, but they perform like a beast. Currently, I’d still put the KD 14 ahead of these by just a little bit, and then 36s, then GT Cuts in my current rotation. I did not feel like the zoom in the forefoot made the shoe unstable at all, I had no stability or rollover concerns while playing whatsoever.

Bruh that’s what I’m saying. I thought that part was metallic in composition, not metallic paint lmao.

These aren’t going to look good in like 3 months, but they perform like a beast. Currently, I’d still put the KD 14 ahead of these by just a little bit, and then 36s, then GT Cuts in my current rotation. I did not feel like the zoom in the forefoot made the shoe unstable at all, I had no stability or rollover concerns while playing whatsoever.
how was break in for KD 14 versus the 36? And the GT cut for that matter. Curious of your thoughts. Do you wear one pair versus another for any specific reason?

Patiently waiting for the lows. The mids are nice. I just prefer lows and don’t love the ankle area on the 36s - feels a little floppy/sloppy. It doesn’t impact lockdown or performance, which is good.

Crazy part is, Luka has already worn the lows. They're damn near indistinguishable from the mids. I'm not expecting much difference, though I'd love it if they performed better or felt better.

how was break in for KD 14 versus the 36? And the GT cut for that matter. Curious of your thoughts. Do you wear one pair versus another for any specific reason?
the KDs didn’t really have “break in” time, but the cushlon felt better and better after each wear. The break in time for the Cuts felt like 4-5 wears of more than an hour each before I really really liked them. The 36s felt a little rigid on foot at first but that quickly went away when I started playing so maybe like 2-3 wears of an hour each broke them in.

I prefer the KDs because out of those options I truly believe the zoom strobel implementation along with cushlon is damn near perfect. I’m not a huge fan of the upper on the KDs since the shoe isn’t really well ventilated but the comfort and feel more than make up for that.

the 36s are my second favorite because my knees ain’t what they used to be lol, so the cushioning in the 36s are great, but they don’t beat, for me, the cushlon+full length zoom strobel in the KDs. I love how light the 36s are and they feel a lot more secure than the 34s did, and just as secure as the 35s without any weird pain that people experienced near the collar or in the footbed due to the huge eclipse plate. The 36s are also super ventilated, to the point your feet may get cold if you wear them out in cold weather haha. The cushioning of the 36s are phenomenal - not as bouncy as the 28s, but still feel the strobel, and the forefoot zoom that protrudes slightly. The only thing is, for some reason, the zoom in the forefoot feels great for impact, but ir doesn’t necessarily feel like that springy feeling you’d think you’d get when looking at the zoom implementation. Idk if that’s because of the strobel and this new eclipse type plate, but it still feels amazing. The KDs feel more bouncy to me and more locked down than the 36 does, but that could just be a mental trick since the 36 is sooo much lighter (or at least feels that way on foot).

the cuts are dope but I wear orthotics so I had to trim the insert that comes with the shoe to fit the orthos on top, and I still love them but they are heavier And I can already feel the insert starting to lose its density, so I put them 3 behind the other 2 aforementioned - not because the gt cuts are”bad”but more so because I love the KDs and 36s.

Last edited:
the KDs didn’t really have “break in” time, but the cushlon felt better and better after each wear. The break in time for the Cuts felt like 4-5 wears of more than an hour each before I really really liked them. The 36s felt a little rigid on foot at first but that quickly went away when I started playing so maybe like 2-3 wears of an hour each broke them in.

I prefer the KDs because out of those options I truly believe the zoom strobel implementation along with cushlon is damn near perfect. I’m not a huge fan of the upper on the KDs since the shoe isn’t really well ventilated but the comfort and feel more than make up for that.

the 36s are my second favorite because my knees ain’t what they used to be lol, so the cushioning in the 36s are great, but they don’t beat, for me, the cushlon+full length zoom strobel in the KDs. I love how light the 36s are and they feel a lot more secure than the 34s did, and just as secure as the 35s without any weird pain that people experienced near the collar or in the footbed due to the huge eclipse plate. The 36s are also super ventilated, to the point your feet may get cold if you wear them out in cold weather haha. The cushioning of the 36s are phenomenal - not as bouncy as the 28s, but still feel the strobel, and the forefoot zoom that protrudes slightly. The only thing is, for some reason, the zoom in the forefoot feels great for impact, but ir doesn’t necessarily feel like that springy feeling you’d think you’d get when looking at the zoom implementation. Idk if that’s because of the strobel and this new eclipse type plate, but it still feels amazing. The KDs feel more bouncy to me and more locked down than the 36 does, but that could just be a mental trick since the 36 is sooo much lighter (or at least feels that way on foot).

the cuts are dope but I wear orthotics so I had to trim the insert that comes with the shoe to fit the orthos on top, and I still love them but they are heavier And I can already feel the insert starting to lose its density, so I put them 3 behind the other 2 aforementioned - not because the gt cuts are”bad”but more so because I love the KDs and 36s.
it's too bad that KD's are narrow, otherwise they would have been really nice cushion-wise inspite of being aesthetically underwhelming. the GT Cuts are beautiful and would benefit a lot from lighter and younger players (which is not what I am now). the 36 is pretty much like a fusion of both shoes or maybe a fusion of both Cuts and Runs which suits my needs. although the 36 could have used more lockdown and grip in the insole. I would love to have the GT Jumps, but they are nowhere in sight.

Last edited:
Crazy part is, Luka has already worn the lows. They're damn near indistinguishable from the mids. I'm not expecting much difference, though I'd love it if they performed better or felt better.

Yeah. The lows Luka wore look very similar to the mids. The ankle area does look a bit more streamlined though and I think they look better overall. I'm hoping they feel and perform better, but I too am not expecting that.

And I will say, the 36s are narrow (and my feet are narrow as hell) but they run a little long, meaning that people who go up a half size: I recommend y’all try these on if you can because that may accommodate the width issue, but then you might have a length issue. I am one of the few blessed narrow-*** feet mf’ers in here so Nike creating footbeds that look like hotdog buns work for me, but I really do feel for y’all cinder block *** feet folk.

And I will say, the 36s are narrow (and my feet are narrow as hell) but they run a little long, meaning that people who go up a half size: I recommend y’all try these on if you can because that may accommodate the width issue, but then you might have a length issue. I am one of the few blessed narrow-*** feet mf’ers in here so Nike creating footbeds that look like hotdog buns work for me, but I really do feel for y’all cinder block *** feet folk.
may I ask which of the 36 you got? I find the fit of the 36 similar to that of my 32s which were quite a bit narrow in the mid but broke in just fine. also, they aren't that constricting compared to the KDs. I find it odd considering the KDs are known to be feet (fit) killers. there hasn't been a KD shoe that hasn't choked the life out of my feet.

may I ask which of the 36 you got? I find the fit of the 36 similar to that of my 32s which were quite a bit narrow in the mid but broke in just fine. also, they aren't that constricting compared to the KDs. I find it odd considering the KDs are known to be feet (fit) killers. there hasn't been a KD shoe that hasn't choked the life out of my feet.
The Psychic Energy pair and I went TTS

Interesting. The 35s were great for me, but I know people had issues with the eclipse plate and fit of the shoe. But overall, I’m loving the 36 so far.

Interesting. The 35s were great for me, but I know people had issues with the eclipse plate and fit of the shoe. But overall, I’m loving the 36 so far.

35’s are great for me too!

I was worried about the eclipse plate but I was one of the lucky ones that it didn’t bother.

Awesome thank you. Much appreciated. Do you think the orthotics you wear altered the off the shelf feel of the KD 14 and 36’s as well?

Haven’t heard anyone complain of the base being too narrow or unstable in the KD14. That was an issue for me in the KD12. But all I’ve read is that was fixed.

Back
Top Bottom