Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

🇩🇪 Alternate:

the-sneakers-worn-by-moritz-wagner-of-the-orlando-magic-during-the-game-against-the-chicago.jpg

Yup Facebook, Instagram, Twitter getting political. Might be time for MySpace to make a comeback. One thing positive though: when our boy spams up the board with duplicate posts we won’t get as annoyed. Where do you rank the XXXVI performance wise 30-37?

Don’t ask me how I remembered, but I realized I didn't respond (smh) to your question…my bad Yo!!

I would say the 34 is my favorite performance wise (from 30-37) afterward a very very close second would be the 36. You can’t go wrong with either. The rankings are below but I haven’t gotten a chance to get or play in the 37 low, yet but I have a feeling the low will slot in right after the 36. Below are my rankings and some quick notes:

34 - Checked every box for me. One of my absolute favorite hoops sneakers of all time! Jordan had a masterpiece on their hands. Sadly, they did a grave disservice with the colorways realeased (especially in comparison to the PE for the players…don’t get me started) but this was THE sneaker for me. Second complaint aside from the lack of great colorways released, is I had to go up .5 size and I’ve NEVER done that before on my hoop sneakers…Not from Nike or Jordan at least. The 34 ran very very short to me.

36 - Huge fan. Like I said these come in right below the 34. Cushioning lockdown everything. Aesthetically, the 34 was better to me which is one of the reasons I bumped them from the top spot.

37 - TBD. The mid is solid. Cushioning is really bouncy and the fit overall is good for me. Aesthetically these are pretty rough (no way around that) but the lows look much better. Want to try out the lows for performance given the switch in materials as well. Putting them here as a placeholder for now but I have a feeling this is where they’ll end up.

33 - Loved the uniqueness. Thought the cushioning and lockdown were really good. Clunky and rigid though, which I didn’t like in this sneaker, but I was one of the few lol who actually thought they were decent overall.

32 - I liked the performance but didn’t love the aesthetic which limited my purchases on them.

31 - traction traction traction lol. The lows were a bit better but still too risky. Cushioning and fit were great though!!!

35 - Arch plate. Sigh….

30 - Couldn’t even wear… the rock solid heal “pillows” were unbearable in the achilles area. Didn’t even think to try a half size up to see if that would rectify the issue, I was just really bummed by the pain, so I returned them.

JS”

Last edited:
I love the 32s, solid performer and great cushion. Also love the materials and aesthetics. The 33s were meh for me. Lame implementation of the lacing system. 34 is great performer and sexy. Would buy again if I see one for 50 bucks. 35 is a fail. Almost damaged my foot permanently. 36 is the best and slightly better upgrade of the 34s. 37s is a fail and felt like damaged condom.

Last edited:
This has been from some indoor hooping, I can’t imagine the trauma these would experience with outdoor hooping lol. Just got off chat with Nike tho. They letting me send em back for a refund. It’s a bummer cuz I really liked these
how long have you've been using them? I'm not too anal about such thing especially if I had played with them for a while and hard. doesn't matter if you played indoors or outdoors. played with shoes with super soft traction outdoors that looked butchered after some short shoot around.

got a certain Jordan pair gave up on me 2 nights ago. forefoot zoom finally popped without me noticing it til I inspected it.

how long have you've been using them? I'm not too anal about such thing especially if I had played with them for a while and hard. doesn't matter if you played indoors or outdoors. played with shoes with super soft traction outdoors that looked butchered after some short shoot around.

got a certain Jordan pair gave up on me 2 nights ago. forefoot zoom finally popped without me noticing it til I inspected it.
My 35s had a heel unit go out… sad af man haha. I know that’s a love or hate shoe, but I absolutely loved them.

Purchased in November. Probably have ~12 hours of competitive indoor usage. Wasn’t expecting the traction to fall apart that quickly all things (weight, style of play, court condition) considered.

I only paid 90 for them so I wasn’t gonna trip if they said no. If I paid that 175 and tax tho? Woulda been a different story 😂

My 35s had a heel unit go out… sad af man haha. I know that’s a love or hate shoe, but I absolutely loved them.
the pair that gave out on me was well-maintained eventhough it has some significant mileage on them. clean and recently brushed. the obvious signs of wear especially the traction parts weren't so bad. I was expecting the heel portion to go out first since a portion of the rubber sole that is housing the zoom unit is almost totally gone. I was giving it about a month of use before it goes out. never expected it to go sooner and not the part I was expecting to pop. although it might have popped sooner because of an incident last december where I accidentally stepped it on a steel bar that was stucked to the ground vertically. I thought that it would have popped during that time due to the amount of force and how deep the forefoot dug into it. guess, it had that stress from that. I'm sad to be honest since I love the colorway and how it is still in good condition. it is still wearable inspite of that but I have to let it go and donate it, along with the OG box.

Purchased in November. Probably have ~12 hours of competitive indoor usage. Wasn’t expecting the traction to fall apart that quickly all things (weight, style of play, court condition) considered.

I only paid 90 for them so I wasn’t gonna trip if they said no. If I paid that 175 and tax tho? Woulda been a different story 😂
that should be long enough to notice wear if you look that close.

Got some lebron 20s yesterday. Looking at them side by side with the 36 lows, I think I see where the lockdown problem comes with the 36 lows. One extra eyelet might make a big difference. I wonder if it's worth punching a hole in there myself

1677789653028.png
That’s how I felt as well which is ultimately why I had to stash the lows. If lockdown wasn’t an issue IMO it would be my goat performance shoe. My red lows are now just a casual shootaround/gym shoe.

On another note—was looking at the Mustang 36s in the closet and it’s a really beautiful shoe.

That’s how I felt as well which is ultimately why I had to stash the lows. If lockdown wasn’t an issue IMO it would be my goat performance shoe. My red lows are now just a casual shootaround/gym shoe.

On another note—was looking at the Mustang 36s in the closet and it’s a really beautiful shoe.
My heart is still beating for the Mustangs. So far my 34 SEs keeps me loyal.

Back
Top Bottom