Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

I loved the 2009. I like these better than 2010s and we haven’t even seen any official photos or tech specs. 2012 is the worse looking jordan and will never be topped.
what don't you like about them?

Attachments

• shoes_nike_airjordans_2012c.jpg
    shoes_nike_airjordans_2012c.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 263
Bland generic uninspired massive jumpman looking like it would barely make the team jordan cut as an entry.
Kobe line was kicking the dog**** out of the flagship Jordan around that time period.
Facts. There was literally too much going on with that shoe. The flight system box was comically huge (retailers nightmare), 3 variations on the mid, Superhero packs :sick:, Lite 'full plastic' version, Q-flight version, A-flight version. And you're right about Kobe's line-- Wade debutted the 2011s on Christmas Day versus Kobe's Grinch 6s. Needless to say, those Kobe's slaughtered every shoe on court and in the arena that day and still are coveted.

Not even close. These are light years ahead of 2010s and 2012s.

I have the 2012 Tinkers and the UNCs. I love those shoes and they perform on the court. When I was on a bad court, I would always switch to the 2012. The traction NEVER let me down on any surface. The small fit is nice too in comparison to the big clunky shoes out there. What I really like is their ability to go from mid-top to high top by changing the inner boot, plus three different air insoles. Personally, they look dope to me, but to each their own, I suppose.

One thing I would say is that they are built for speed and agility more so than cushioning. Not a whole lot of bounce, but man they are quick on the court. If you have a fast game, these are great shoes for you.

texhvax5stbjnft89wc3.jpg

air-jordan-2012-unc-release-date-info-1.jpeg

What’s wrong with the 2009? Other then not dropping more colorways (especially the Pantone) and being too stiff out of the box there dope.

That weird heel, the colorways sucked, and the weird fencing inspiration made no sense. It was just very very ugly to me.

I always think the 2009 was really close to being a sick shoe. The potential for better colorblocking on the released pairs was never executed by JB, and that goofy heel/sole design looked wacky. But a few minor changes would've made it a good-looking Jordan. It reminds me of the 14 in a lot of ways. The 2012 ... it may have performed great, but it looked super lame across the board.

These won’t make the cut for one of your world famous “kick my feet up” shots?

:rofl:
Not even if you leave a pair for me on my porch. I'll toss it in the old catapult and launch it into your own backyard with the quickness.

Bland generic uninspired massive jumpman looking like it would barely make the team jordan cut as an entry.
Kobe line was kicking the dog**** out of the flagship Jordan around that time period.
have to admit, the Kobe line was great during that time. speaking of massive Jumpman, this one really threw me off in a bad way.

Attachments

• xx9.jpg
    xx9.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 190
I have the 2012 Tinkers and the UNCs. I love those shoes and they perform on the court. When I was on a bad court, I would always switch to the 2012. The traction NEVER let me down on any surface. The small fit is nice too in comparison to the big clunky shoes out there. What I really like is their ability to go from mid-top to high top by changing the inner boot, plus three different air insoles. Personally, they look dope to me, but to each their own, I suppose.

One thing I would say is that they are built for speed and agility more so than cushioning. Not a whole lot of bounce, but man they are quick on the court. If you have a fast game, these are great shoes for you.

texhvax5stbjnft89wc3.jpg

air-jordan-2012-unc-release-date-info-1.jpeg
I'm one of the few that liked them. but never got to own them since it was the time I'm getting my stride back to ballin.

I always think the 2009 was really close to being a sick shoe. The potential for better colorblocking on the released pairs was never executed by JB, and that goofy heel/sole design looked wacky. But a few minor changes would've made it a good-looking Jordan. It reminds me of the 14 in a lot of ways. The 2012 ... it may have performed great, but it looked super lame across the board.

Not even if you leave a pair for me on my porch. I'll toss it in the old catapult and launch it into your own backyard with the quickness.
it was indeed whack. I believe it was the time period where everybody was doing some wacky outsoles. Adidas PureMotion, Bounce and SpringBlade, Reebok Zigtech and JB with I dont know what to call it. honestly, the 2009 looked more like the XX3.

it was indeed whack. I believe it was the time period where everybody was doing some wacky outsoles. Adidas PureMotion, Bounce and SpringBlade, Reebok Zigtech and JB with I dont know what to call it. honestly, the 2009 looked more like the XX3.

If it looked like this or similar in terms of colorblocking, I probably would've bought it on the spot, even with the funky heel. If it looked like this with a more conventional heel/sole, I'd be wishing for a retro. This makeup also shows why I said it reminds me a lot of the 14.

IMG_6199__91466.1594331592.800.800.jpg

If it looked like this or similar in terms of colorblocking, I probably would've bought it on the spot, even with the funky heel. If it looked like this with a more conventional heel/sole, I'd be wishing for a retro. This makeup also shows why I said it reminds me a lot of the 14.

IMG_6199__91466.1594331592.800.800.jpg
for me, it's an elegant looking shoe same as the XX3. unplayable but great for certain social events. they are like fashion shoes.

:rofl:I guess I won’t try to pump you up on the 37 then. :rofl:

The 2009, I always hated the huge Jumpman and that they followed the trend with the stupid flywire 💩 Also didn’t like them trying to hide the plastic with strips of leather lol

The 2009, I always hated the huge Jumpman and that they followed the trend with the stupid flywire 💩 Also didn’t like them trying to hide the plastic with strips of leather lol
same feeling with the huge jumpman. saw those in the outlet selling for whatever and I was like "F these shoes". flywire is only one thing. you can include the fuse plastic.

same feeling with the huge jumpman. saw those in the outlet selling for whatever and I was like "F these shoes". flywire is only one thing. you can include the fuse plastic.

Huge Jumpan? Flywire? I thought we were taking about the 2009, what does the 29 have to do with it LOL

texhvax5stbjnft89wc3.jpg

That black pair is so simple yet so nice.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the 2012 color ways I own, that I posted above look great to me. Especially the Tinkers.

I always think I'm looking at saddle shoes converted into bball shoes whenever I see them LOL
It's all subjective, though. Glad there are people who like them and get enjoyment out of them.

I always think I'm looking at saddle shoes converted into bball shoes whenever I see them LOL
It's all subjective, though. Glad there are people who like them and get enjoyment out of them.
they could be oxfords as well.

Attachments

• GRIMENTIN-Mens-Oxfords-Genuine-Leather-Black-White-Wingtip-Dress-Shoes-For-Men-size38-44-f59.jpg
    GRIMENTIN-Mens-Oxfords-Genuine-Leather-Black-White-Wingtip-Dress-Shoes-For-Men-size38-44-f59.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 564

That's what you were supposed to see:

Design and Inspiration​

The design of the Air Jordan 2012 was a joint effort between Tom Luedecke and Tinker Hatfield, who had also previously teamed up on the Air Jordan 2011 a year before. As with every Air Jordan model, the design aimed to marry high-performance with luxurious style. Tinker was inspired by the zoot suits and flashy wingtip dress shoes popular in jazz circles of the 1930s and ‘40s, which is translated quite obviously on the shapes and perforation designs of the leather paneling.

https://sneakernews.com/2015/09/03/jordan-101-the-air-jordan-2012-gives-you-options/

Back
Top Bottom