Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Y’all are welcome to wear some Lebron’s if you’re looking for a heavier shoe with balance if you want. Lol
Fam I was telling dudes my experience with the lebron's, particularly the 15s, and I mentioned how they were heavy af. Somebody on here basically told me I was tripping and that they aren't heavy at all. Lebron shoes are built particularly for him, a 6'8" mofo with otherworldly athleticism. Them joints were HEAVY.

I’m with you guys, an ounce or two difference in a shoe will never make any difference to 99.9% of us lol. Unless you are a professional athlete, it’s not really gonna matter. I’d rather have a shoe that weighs more and is a little more durable+premium type feel.

That was my biggest gripe with the 34s, they were nice looking but really flimsy, with casual wear they don’t hold up well at all. I’d rather have a model like the 34 SE that’s heavier and less breathable any day. I wear my SE 34s a LOT more than my blue voids, because I enjoy them more and they feel sturdier🤷‍♂️

Fam I was telling dudes my experience with the lebron's, particularly the 15s, and I mentioned how they were heavy af. Somebody on here basically told me I was tripping and that they aren't heavy at all. Lebron shoes are built particularly for him, a 6'8" mofo with otherworldly athleticism. Them joints were HEAVY.
Let me say this to you with a straight face.....

Attachments

• you-trippin-fa.jpg
    you-trippin-fa.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 279

The classic response of a leg day skipper. Complaining about an extra ounce on shoes shows that you work everything except your legs.

1655357289948.gif

Played in low tops my whole life up until that point. Going for Kobe IXs to LeBron XV is quite a jump or at least it felt that way to me. That was my first and last LeBron shoe. Y'all can have it.
if you believe that 1/4 of a lb difference is HEAVY, I'm not sure if I'm gonna laugh or cry or both. your issue has nothing to do with the overall weight of the shoe or it being heavy. it has more to do with the balance or distribution of the weight on the entire shoe. the Kobe 9's weigh is evenly distributed on the entire shoe from the upper to the midsole to the outsole. the Lebron 15's upper is lite material and the weight distribution is focused mostly on it's midsole and bottom making them feel "bottom heavy". you being accustomed to the balance and feel of the Kobe is more of a psychological programming or habit of getting used to that shoe rather than the shoes' weight. so it's more about bias and preference rather the weight that makes them unlikeable for you.

to add further example of "HEAVY" shoes. I own both Lebron XV (Ashes) and XVI (Glow). technical specs show that the Ashes is heavier but I prefer it over the Glow because I "felt" that it is lighter than the Glow. the fact is, it is not lighter. my Glows "felt" heavier due to the materials used on it with a variety of leather used as panels and a harder rubber compound used as midsole/outsole. the Glows were brick and constrictive compared to the Ashes although the balance was a bit better. was it due to the weight? I highly doubt it. the Ashes were flexible.

I have worn runners as well for ballin and I would have preferred them if only I wasn't rolling my ankles that frequently. they felt lighter to wear but mostly because I have more freedom of movement on my ankles which made it easier to generate speed/power which can be restricted by high cut shoes.

I think it’s more about the how the shoe feels on your feet. Going from Kobe 8 or 9 to a LeBron can be a noticeable thing. I know I don’t like how they (Brons) feel when I’m moving, especially laterally. It’s not that they’re too heavy it’s just that they feel clunky. There could be shoes around the same weight as a Lebron that feel better because of the weight distribution, like a Harden or something. They feel better when you move and cut because they’re not bottom heavy or built the same way. Everyone is different though.

if you believe that 1/4 of a lb difference is HEAVY, I'm not sure if I'm gonna laugh or cry or both. your issue has nothing to do with the overall weight of the shoe or it being heavy. it has more to do with the balance or distribution of the weight on the entire shoe. the Kobe 9's weigh is evenly distributed on the entire shoe from the upper to the midsole to the outsole. the Lebron 15's upper is lite material and the weight distribution is focused mostly on it's midsole and bottom making them feel "bottom heavy". you being accustomed to the balance and feel of the Kobe is more of a psychological programming or habit of getting used to that shoe rather than the shoes' weight. so it's more about bias and preference rather the weight that makes them unlikeable for you.

to add further example of "HEAVY" shoes. I own both Lebron XV (Ashes) and XVI (Glow). technical specs show that the Ashes is heavier but I prefer it over the Glow because I "felt" that it is lighter than the Glow. the fact is, it is not lighter. my Glows "felt" heavier due to the materials used on it with a variety of leather used as panels and a harder rubber compound used as midsole/outsole. the Glows were brick and constrictive compared to the Ashes although the balance was a bit better. was it due to the weight? I highly doubt it. the Ashes were flexible.

I have worn runners as well for ballin and I would have preferred them if only I wasn't rolling my ankles that frequently. they felt lighter to wear but mostly because I have more freedom of movement on my ankles which made it easier to generate speed/power which can be restricted by high cut shoes.
Facts. I had these Kobe 9 EXT mids in my rotation heavy. For a good while they were my game sneaker of choice. So fresh looking and nobody had them because I believe they were an international release only. Beastly traction and performance. The funny thing is I think they were advertised as casual wear due to the leather. It was not flimsy or cheap leather, it was premium. Didn’t affect my performance one bit and they did not feel heavy, even though I’m sure they were way heavy on a scale in comparison to the weave knit models. People make way too much out of the materials and weight argument.

NIKE-KOBE-9-MID-EXT-704286-001-BlackBlack-p.jpg

Again homie I don't know what weighs what .. how the hell are you gonna tell me how something feels on MY FEET? Y'all dudes just love the talk. If they weren't heavy to you. Cool .. them joints felt anchors on my feet in comparison to my Kobe's.

Again homie I don't know what weighs what .. how the hell are you gonna tell me how something feels on MY FEET? Y'all dudes just love the talk. If they weren't heavy to you. Cool .. them joints felt anchors on my feet in comparison to my Kobe's.
I think the issue here is that while they subjectively felt heavy to you, objectively, according to scientific measurement, they are not a relatively heavy sneaker. So, you are in the precarious position of arguing feel vs measured weight.

I think the issue here is that while they subjectively felt heavy to you, objectively, according to scientific measurement, they are not a relatively heavy sneaker. So, you are in the precarious position of arguing feel vs measured weight.
not to mention accusing others as merely talking without facts just because our friend here "feels" like he had an anchor on his feet makes it his pov objective. so we are talkers but not our friend because he knows more about himself. wow, nice argument. we are here discussing "facts" and explanation why he feels that way. but one's feelings is open to arguments. but I guess the point is, he just wants to be right and everyone else is wrong.

Facts. I had these Kobe 9 EXT mids in my rotation heavy. For a good while they were my game sneaker of choice. So fresh looking and nobody had them because I believe they were an international release only. Beastly traction and performance. The funny thing is I think they were advertised as casual wear due to the leather. It was not flimsy or cheap leather, it was premium. Didn’t affect my performance one bit and they did not feel heavy, even though I’m sure they were way heavy on a scale in comparison to the weave knit models. People make way too much out of the materials and weight argument.

NIKE-KOBE-9-MID-EXT-704286-001-BlackBlack-p.jpg
I have some special edition ones. the most recent joints that I have for gym work are the Metcon 6. the Premium edition and the AMPs. I can perform just as well as either one eventhough I know they have some differences when it comes to fit and comfort. one is stretchy and one is really snug. I'm saving the Premium for casual use now since they look nice. I agree, some people are just too butty about it.

All jokes aside, some shoes do feel heavier and some shoes make you feel more nimble on your feet. I understand what you’re saying.

Back
Top Bottom