Air Kukini Retro (2022)

Well they just brought the OG yellow poison dart frogs back so I’m hoping we see the cocoa colas , the black/ grasshopper , and the lightning

i have never had a presto before are the really more comfortable than the kukini?

probably because they have encapsuled air instead of visible air in the heel?

i have never had a presto before are the really more comfortable than the kukini?

probably because they have encapsuled air instead of visible air in the heel?

To be completely honest prestos are probably the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn . They don’t even come in regular sizes lol they come in S,M,L ,and XL I’m guessing is the max . They’re super cool though and I’ve always thought they looked amazing . Not to mention we the marketing for them when the first came out is hands down some of the greatest Nike marketing projects of all time . Look up the tv commercials on YouTube sometime if you get a chance . They’re hilarious lol. Brutal honey and trouble at home are my two favorite colorways . All the Og colorways retroed within the last 10 years too which is cool

Multiple colors on sale on Nike, but you need to spend $120 to get 20% off, or $150+ to get 24% off. Rakuten currently 8% too.

Anyway… debating grabbing a pair. Saw someone mention these run somewhat snug. I’m a 13, and they don’t make 13.5. Would 13 be ok? 14 be too big?

Multiple colors on sale on Nike, but you need to spend $120 to get 20% off, or $150+ to get 24% off. Rakuten currently 8% too.

Anyway… debating grabbing a pair. Saw someone mention these run somewhat snug. I’m a 13, and they don’t make 13.5. Would 13 be ok? 14 be too big?
I wear a 12 in all my shoes and needed a 13 on these

Check the outlets too. I was able to grab a pair of the black/green joints for $30 off the hash wall the other day. IMG_1469.jpeg

Did not at all expect them to glow in the dark when I got home 😂😂😂

I really need to grab a pair of waters. But I’m expecting my first kid in October and my wife and I are going to be trying out one income stay at home mom life. Trying to be more responsible lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 238
So I ended up ordering a 13 and 14 from Nike, for sizing comparison. Haven’t tried either on yet. I’ve never owned a pair, and can’t say I’ve always been a Kukini follower, but I got a hair up my ***, and said I wanted a pair of waters because they’re definitely a different/cool looking shoe….

The sz 14 has a pretty big glue stain right on the black suede part of the toe. Both pairs have shoddy paint surrounding the air unit. The 13 had smeared glue (looks foggy) on the air unit. One of the sz 13 shoes looks like the cage is from a bigger size, it has a lot of slack. And both pairs don’t look so great where the cage attaches to the midsole.

For those that own these, and have owned these, are these issues common? Am I just being picky? I’m not the picky guy that goes over every shoe I own for small issues, but these just look poorly made.

So I ended up ordering a 13 and 14 from Nike, for sizing comparison. Haven’t tried either on yet. I’ve never owned a pair, and can’t say I’ve always been a Kukini follower, but I got a hair up my ***, and said I wanted a pair of waters because they’re definitely a different/cool looking shoe….

The sz 14 has a pretty big glue stain right on the black suede part of the toe. Both pairs have shoddy paint surrounding the air unit. The 13 had smeared glue (looks foggy) on the air unit. One of the sz 13 shoes looks like the cage is from a bigger size, it has a lot of slack. And both pairs don’t look so great where the cage attaches to the midsole.

For those that own these, and have owned these, are these issues common? Am I just being picky? I’m not the picky guy that goes over every shoe I own for small issues, but these just look poorly made.

Yep I’ve got 5 pairs of waters. Will probbsly get another 5 pairs ( my all time favorite shoe and colorway ) and I don’t know if we’ll ever see these retro again . 2 pairs of Lemon venoms . 1 pair of Topographies . 1 pair of black and neon . And almost every single one of them has those same exact issues lol to varying degrees . Not sure what’s going on with that . Really strange … just need a pair of paint splatters and then I want two pairs of poison darts and I’m done unless they release anymore OG colorways . I’m hoping for the black/ grasshoppers and coca colas . Lightnings would be great too . There’s just SOO many good colorways of these they haven’t retrod

Yep I’ve got 5 pairs of waters. Will probbsly get another 5 pairs ( my all time favorite shoe and colorway ) and I don’t know if we’ll ever see these retro again . 2 pairs of Lemon venoms . 1 pair of Topographies . 1 pair of black and neon . And almost every single one of them has those same exact issues lol to varying degrees . Not sure what’s going on with that . Really strange … just need a pair of paint splatters and then I want two pairs of poison darts and I’m done unless they release anymore OG colorways . I’m hoping for the black/ grasshoppers and coca colas . Lightnings would be great too . There’s just SOO many good colorways of these they haven’t retrod
Maybe I’ll just order one more pair and pick the best of the 2. Kinda disappointing, but at least they’re cheap.

Thanks for the reply.

To be completely honest prestos are probably the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn . They don’t even come in regular sizes lol they come in S,M,L ,and XL I’m guessing is the max . They’re super cool though and I’ve always thought they looked amazing . Not to mention we the marketing for them when the first came out is hands down some of the greatest Nike marketing projects of all time . Look up the tv commercials on YouTube sometime if you get a chance . They’re hilarious lol. Brutal honey and trouble at home are my two favorite colorways . All the Og colorways retroed within the last 10 years too which is cool

Actually most modern Presto releases come in actual numbered sizing.

Maybe I’ll just order one more pair and pick the best of the 2. Kinda disappointing, but at least they’re cheap.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah it’s really weird . I can’t think of why it would be like that . Or why Nike would let them continually release in that shape . I’ve got a few that are close to perfect but like I said all of them have at least SOMETHING going on with them lol

Woodbury commons had a ton of these for $65 + 20% off. I made my first trip there last week. Passed on kukinis, but copped hello kitty prestos. Size 11 in the prestos is about the same size and fit as size 12 in kukinis. Insane

Woodbury commons had a ton of these for $65 + 20% off. I made my first trip there last week. Passed on kukinis, but copped hello kitty prestos. Size 11 in the prestos is about the same size and fit as size 12 in kukinis. Insane

That’s a good *** deal for prestos man . was thinking about getting a new pair recently . They need to do another run of the OG colorways . This website called resolve has waters for like $40 I believe it is . No code needed or anything . Didn’t check to see if they had any other colorways . Patiently waiting on the new yellow ones to get down in price enough so I can snatch up a couple pairs

Any ankle irritation wearing these with no show socks? Or are y’all wearing ankle (or higher) socks with these? Quick try on with no socks, and the mesh feels like it could be an issue with extended wear.

Went to a clearance store this past weekend, lots of kukinis on shelves. Nothing in my as (13), but pretty much in every other sz. So if you have an outlet, or clearance store near you, might be worth it to check.

Any ankle irritation wearing these with no show socks? Or are y’all wearing ankle (or higher) socks with these? Quick try on with no socks, and the mesh feels like it could be an issue with extended wear.
Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom