Air max 720 2019 Thread

Got my pair in from Oneness. I love these! Here’s a quick on feet pic.
7EA2A567-F8C9-4E31-8C77-D218EA1D127B.jpeg

2019, ladies and gentleman.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/1/nike-air-max-720-allah-arabic-script-controversy

UPDATE: HYPEBEAST reached out to Nike for comment, and the sportswear giant responded with the following:

“Nike respects all religions and we take concerns of this nature seriously. The AIR MAX logo was designed to be a stylized representation of Nike’s AIR MAX trademark. It is intended to reflect the AIR MAX brand only. Any other perceived meaning or representation is unintentional.”

Nike is no stranger to controversy and the sportswear giant’s first contention of 2019 centers around the soon-to-be-released Air Max 720. According to a Change.org petitioninitiated by Saiqa Noreen, the “AIR MAX” branding on the new silhouette’s outsole is discomfortingly similar to the word “Allah” in Arabic script.

Perhaps the most sacred word in all of Islam, Allah is the Arabic name for God — a phrase that Nike has been accused of mishandling in the past, first on a billboard in 1996and then on nearly 40,000 pairs of shoes a year later. “It is outrageous and appalling of Nike to allow the name of God on a shoe,” Noreen writes in the body of the petition.

The location of the logo, on the sole of the sneaker, “will surely be trampled, kicked and become soiled with mud or even filth.” Noreen completes the petition with a plea for “Nike to recall this blasphemous and offensive shoe and all products with the design logo resembling the word Allah from worldwide sales immediately.”

Read Noreen’s full complaint on Change.org. Below, view Noreen’s original comparison image of the two phrases.

More recently, Nike was requested to stop selling its Matthew Willaims-designed balaclava due to “gang culture” concerns.

2019, ladies and gentleman.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/1/nike-air-max-720-allah-arabic-script-controversy

UPDATE: HYPEBEAST reached out to Nike for comment, and the sportswear giant responded with the following:

“Nike respects all religions and we take concerns of this nature seriously. The AIR MAX logo was designed to be a stylized representation of Nike’s AIR MAX trademark. It is intended to reflect the AIR MAX brand only. Any other perceived meaning or representation is unintentional.”

Nike is no stranger to controversy and the sportswear giant’s first contention of 2019 centers around the soon-to-be-released Air Max 720. According to a Change.org petitioninitiated by Saiqa Noreen, the “AIR MAX” branding on the new silhouette’s outsole is discomfortingly similar to the word “Allah” in Arabic script.

Perhaps the most sacred word in all of Islam, Allah is the Arabic name for God — a phrase that Nike has been accused of mishandling in the past, first on a billboard in 1996and then on nearly 40,000 pairs of shoes a year later. “It is outrageous and appalling of Nike to allow the name of God on a shoe,” Noreen writes in the body of the petition.

The location of the logo, on the sole of the sneaker, “will surely be trampled, kicked and become soiled with mud or even filth.” Noreen completes the petition with a plea for “Nike to recall this blasphemous and offensive shoe and all products with the design logo resembling the word Allah from worldwide sales immediately.”

Read Noreen’s full complaint on Change.org. Below, view Noreen’s original comparison image of the two phrases.

More recently, Nike was requested to stop selling its Matthew Willaims-designed balaclava due to “gang culture” concerns.

Could you imagine being so attention starved/mentally ill? What a miserable existence some people lead.

None of it makes any sense cos the cam doesn't open on android properly either.

The coordinates point to Nikes Beaverton HQ. Why would Nike have an SNKRS Cam image in their European SNEAKRS app?
Not sure honestly i just thought it had something to do with snkrs cam since it kinda looks scan-able and i wasn't aware Snkrs cam isn't a thing for Europe, just thought it was iOS Exclusive.

Anybody else get any further?

Not sure honestly i just thought it had something to do with snkrs cam since it kinda looks scan-able and i wasn't aware Snkrs cam isn't a thing for Europe, just thought it was iOS Exclusive.

Anybody else get any further?
You're probably right about it being iOS exclusive. I really don't care for the shoes, but still can't let this go, so somebody please figure it out soon.

Last edited:
any one checked out with the Oneness link this week? wondering if I can still get a pair....

Back
Top Bottom