Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I don't know If I said this already but I was at Champs on Wednesday and they told they were not even going to get them.
some guy on this thread said it was only going to be for footlocker, i think he meant champs and footaction arent getting it

Originally Posted by swingshot

- Zoom Air feels hard too. Again, may break in, but i'm wondering if there's any Zoom in the forefoot at all? Wouldn't be the first time forefoot air was removed on a Retro.
The zoom should be there. If it says "ZOOM AIR" on the sole, it means there has to be zoom air present. Nike doesn't want tosuccumb to false advertising lawsuits--that's why the youth size Air Force Ones have "NIKE" on the back instead of "NIKE AIR" becausethey literally have no Nike Air.

Same reason the youth-sized Air Jordans were once called Sky Jordans; the youth sizes had no Nike Air units.

I guess they need time to be broken in.

dammit... i knew i shoulda bought two pairs from PYS when they had them for retail... SMH

briannnnn wrote:

- Zoom Air feels hard too. Again, may break in, but i'm wondering if there's any Zoom in the forefoot at all? Wouldn't be the first time forefoot air was removed on a Retro.
The zoom should be there. If it says "ZOOM AIR" on the sole, it means there has to be zoom air present. Nike doesn't want to succumb to false advertising lawsuits--that's why the youth size Air Force Ones have "NIKE" on the back instead of "NIKE AIR" because they literally have no Nike Air.

Same reason the youth-sized Air Jordans were once called Sky Jordans; the youth sizes had no Nike Air units.

You know, I wonder about my 08 Chlorophyll Trainer 1's. They say Nike Air but I definitely dont feel any air in that shoe.

However, I received my shipment confirmation from eastbay. My favorite all time shoe is on its way. And two pairs for 232 shipped.
smokin.gif

I will have comparison pics of the OG's and retros when I get the retros.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

briannnnn wrote:

The zoom should be there. If it says "ZOOM AIR" on the sole, it means there has to be zoom air present. Nike doesn't want to succumb to false advertising lawsuits--that's why the youth size Air Force Ones have "NIKE" on the back instead of "NIKE AIR" because they literally have no Nike Air.

You know, I wonder about my 08 Chlorophyll Trainer 1's. They say Nike Air but I definitely dont feel any air in that shoe.

The air unit is probably buried under all that midsole foam
laugh.gif

Nike Air seems more responsive in other shoes, particularly the older shoes, before the air units shrunk.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I never really noticed that, I learned something new lol

Originally Posted by DJanoano

madd my job Finishline not gettin em i would of used my discount.
so does that mean that footlocker, footaction, and champs employees will get to use their discount too? please comfirm. thanks in advance!

What does one have to do with the other? Two different companies.

Just copped from Eastbay...Free Shipping FTW!...to badd they charge tax to ship to nyc..very upset about that ..I been waiting on theese for a min..I know ihad the Penny III's in white n blue..and i still have a DS lil penny Doll

eh just for the hell of it
27015572e256c63507e62913f89ab7c7c375e0e.jpg

1ad35bde71e0e204548fc3f73afb767bc1bfa14.jpg

93715179e95dc3324d62fd6a485efe90ec81849.jpg

4c915174e65ac33fed9a21194716c2f1d02e609.jpg

If you wear these pennys to death, the back of the heel will look like this
embarassed.gif

5482506799e0a519cff339be4050ffdd22d7e9d.jpg

Maybe I should give heads up on this: Obviously, its an unwritten rule that you don't wear new kicks in the rain...But with these penny's, you bettermake sure of the weather ahead of time. But tips for those that want to keep them long lasting
1. Do not step on water/ Go out in the rain/ snow
2. Try not to play ball in them on concrete (Hardwood floor is ok )
3. Again never ever wear these in the rain.
The reason why I'm saying this is because the blue bottom part of the penny's are somewhat thin where the bubble is in place. With the combination of aconstant beating on concrete and rain, the bottom part thins out very easily. (You can see in this pic I took of my OG's) I'm taking precautions thistime lol and I figure I may as well share this information with my fellow NT'ers.

now if you have any advice on keeping the air bubbles from turning yellow/petrified, feel free to share with us
wink.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

eh i rather pay retail for some penny 2s that are fresh than some weak vans...

I'm sure most of us here would have a pair of dope kicks as opposed to a pair of weak ones.
eyes.gif

Interesting that the Penny logo is more vertical on the retro.

The Penny logo and the Jumpman both looked better when they were angled, imo.

Thanks for the comparison photos and tips.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

This thread is just like the Air Tach Challenge thread from months ago...50+ pages of hype for a "dope" retro.

A "dope" retro....that will still end up with sales tags everywhere. I want these Pennys and I will cop when they drop to well under $100...just like those Air Tech Challenges.

Shoe City 101 Fact...not fiction...THERE IS NO NEED TO BUY ANY RETROS FOR RETAIL........THEY ALL GO ON SALE!
happy.gif
I've waited 12 years, what's 2 more months?!

HOLLA!!!
Sadly, I kinda believe this, but a combination of both my impatience and nostalgia for 90's b-ball got the best of me. Either way I'mhappy I scooped up a dope shoe
happy.gif

u know what i mean... let me explain it if you dont know... i meant fresh as in hot or sick not fresh like brand new...i should of made myself more clearer...i rather spend my money on some pennys than some vans cuz their garbage...

and prophecy is it just me or is the 1 logo on the back more metallic compared to the 1 being white on the retros? if im right that is a smalldisappointment... but regardless still a hot shoe..

Anyone else get the shipping confimration from eastbay. It'll be delivered by 09/24 and my cc was charged $232.96 for 2 pair, so looks like the 20% did gothrough.
glasses.gif

Just got my 10.5 from pys.com and they fit perfect i usually wear a 10.5 and i was concerened about toe rubbing from all the posts but i guess some dudes justhave swollen toes like they 9months or something because a 10.5 was perfect. And i have to cop a second pair im just heated they not droppin the white/bluecolorway that was by far the best color way

Originally Posted by you go boy

and prophecy is it just me or is the 1 logo on the back more metallic compared to the 1 being white on the retros? if im right that is a small disappointment... but regardless still a hot shoe..
eek.gif
eek.gif
OH WOW I JUST TOOK A SECOND GLANCE AT IT, the logo on OG's was metallic! Theretro's are just plain white

lol so add that to the list of differences

damn that is disappointing
laugh.gif

eh whatever, they're still a nice shoe...

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Originally Posted by sneakermane

This thread is just like the Air Tach Challenge thread from months ago...50+ pages of hype for a "dope" retro.

A "dope" retro....that will still end up with sales tags everywhere. I want these Pennys and I will cop when they drop to well under $100...just like those Air Tech Challenges.

Shoe City 101 Fact...not fiction...THERE IS NO NEED TO BUY ANY RETROS FOR RETAIL........THEY ALL GO ON SALE!
happy.gif
I've waited 12 years, what's 2 more months?!

HOLLA!!!
sneakermane gonna be dead wrong....the stock on the penny logo has gone up considerable because of all the foamposite penny releases to thegeneral public. unlike the tech challenges that regular folk don't remember andre agassi rockin those almost 20 years ago, even a young hood chick knowswho penny hardaway is or at least is aware that "yo those is the new pennies" expect these to be gone fast in NYC.

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

SHOETRENDS.COM has FSR up for pre-order for $125.00!!!
you're welcome
peace
I already copped from eastbay 20%, but thats pretty good. Why arethey selling for beloew retail?? sounds fishy...

Back
Top Bottom