Air Trainer III Medicine Ball now at Pickyourshoes.com

johngotty, you gotta come through with numerous photos. you may make or break a purchase for me. I have yet to see normal photos of these in natural light andwith a flash.

officially, i think the release will be in the upcoming days/weeks. PYS mustve gotten them extremely early

We should be getting our shipment in the next week or so. The sample that our rep broughtto us awhile ago looked pretty good to me.

Originally Posted by spacej23

We should be getting our shipment in the next week or so. The sample that our rep brought to us awhile ago looked pretty good to me.

what type of store are you? what types of shoe do you normally get? I just haven't gotten word really how rare or un rare or exclusive these will be.I'm hearing basic General Release and also Limited Edition, so who knows.. I just want to get an idea what I'll be working with. If every store outthere is getting some in stock, i may wait and get at a discounted rate. if they are more exclusive, it's looking like I may have to buy ASAP.

The shoes are an Indie energy release. The tan is a bit darker than the originals. overall not bad though i guess.

It's interesting what a shoe on its own merit looking at it strictly as a shoe gives you.. ugly this ugly that... Throw in alittle "hype" and thekids love it. Hate all you want. this just may give me a chance to scoop 5-10 pairs at cheap prices

I picked up two pairs of these...check page 71 of the July Pickup post...the quality is nice...and as mentioned, the "Medicine Ball" color is a bitdarker than the OG, technically "Ginger". Like all retros, the sizing has changed...My original AT-III from 1988 are a 13....my retros from 2001 area 12.5...and these are a 12....and they all fit the same and have the same outsole size....

^ Nice
pimp.gif

these are my next pick up, first time I see them I'm coppin them on site.

Lovin the darker color. I'm tempted to pick up a pair now lol. It would have been nice if the prior releases had the same dark color. Wonder why nikefinally decided to get it right on this release
ohwell.gif

thanks for sharing. These are almost more true to the ORIGINAL colorway than anything we've seen. I have to be honest here. Im almost more used to thelighter med. ball color and how it balances out so well vs. what we see here.

Originals were a white based shoe including the plastic with dark tan (med. ball color) with dark navy accents:
635154496acdc3b977ca18c97b8465155be40f7.pjpg

61c25744f36f0c9fc9ab27712e9f0d09d131f4a.jpg

2000 retro featured a lighter med ball color. almost a dark mustard color, with plastic elements that werent quite white but a light tan.
76e1594560c6c0b072aba23e064331a4887a495.JPG

What's interesting is NIKE OWN original air trainer sc I is pictured below:
1zlxjix.jpg

The 2000 retro appeared to have gotten its inspiration from an aged AIR TRAINER SC I, rather than an original in its THEN current dark state

Now this year we see what gratefulkicks has posted... A darker med ball color matching that of the originals, but features wider holed perforated leather,plastic elements that are getting even darker.

So now neither the 2000 was accurate as well as this release in 2009. Both will be close enough however.

1988 catalog vs. 2009 finished:
61c25744f36f0c9fc9ab27712e9f0d09d131f4a.jpg
679066-149.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1988 aged original vs. 2000 retro:
1zlxjix.jpg
76e1594560c6c0b072aba23e064331a4887a495.JPG

take your pick i guess
laugh.gif

if Nike would of just made the plastic segments of the shoe lighter in color and a more perforated leather toebox than it would of been PERFECT

they never get retro's right...

Mine were on the doorstep when I got home. I'll take a pic or two tomorrow.

They're definitely much lighter than the previous retro but I like the look.

I'll wait for a steal to grab a second (and third) pair.

Back
Top Bottom